Page 19 of 152 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    @dhMassacre Thanks that was much easier than I thought.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I've been trying to force myself to use nothing but the on-screen keyboard lately and I'm beginning to notice the faster I get at it the more it feels like the animations cause the keyboard to lag. I'm beginning to think as suggested earlier in the thread the pop up might be more efficient at the top of the keyboard. The spot that would make the most sense is directly above the T and the Y keys. I think only having one area for animation would speed the keyboard up quite a bit, especially when you start typing fast and there are blown up letters all over the place.
    Just want to make a point of reference, hopefully others can attest to this, the onscreen keyboard will not come up while the pre is on the touchstone.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    I've been trying to force myself to use nothing but the on-screen keyboard lately and I'm beginning to notice the faster I get at it the more it feels like the animations cause the keyboard to lag. I'm beginning to think as suggested earlier in the thread the pop up might be more efficient at the top of the keyboard. The spot that would make the most sense is directly above the T and the Y keys. I think only having one area for animation would speed the keyboard up quite a bit, especially when you start typing fast and there are blown up letters all over the place.
    I do think he may be right. But i also think it may be a tad better.Still awesome work.If you can just get the backspace to work all the time on the web, and add the auto-corrrect i think it would almost be complete. Look for another donation again soon.
    I'm having issues with the keyboard in my Messaging application. Instead of the keyboard appearing where i can actually access it, all i can see is the bottom row of keys, all the way at the top of the screen. I'm going to attempt to reapply the patch now & see if that makes any difference.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yeah veritas sounds like you got an earlier version installed, go ahead and fully remove it and then reapply the patch.
    does haptic feedback work? I have used serveral different values and none seem to work.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

useeeee... 50.
    Wow everybody is really getting into the keyboard. Haha I created the themes but am too chicken to try and install it. Well maybe later when I don't have to root my Pre. Great job though emoney.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    i actually like the pop up animation, I'm sure it can b cleaned up n made smoother
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    Wow everybody is really getting into the keyboard. Haha I created the themes but am too chicken to try and install it. Well maybe later when I don't have to root my Pre. Great job though emoney.
    Its very easy to root the phone and it does not interfere with WebOS at all, infact all the optware packages are installed under a loopback interface which is on a separate partition from WebOS. all you have to do is read and copy and paste.

Would I be crazy to suggest that you take advantage that it is a software keyboard and change the keys according to the different states of the orange key? I would say the shift key as well but who wants to see a lower case keyboard most of the time... But highlighting the "orange" keyboard symbols and numbers would add to the usability.
    I keep getting error cannot push patch any help?

Edit: Never mind found the problem
    Last edited by mac12; 08/23/2009 at 02:54 AM.
    any new features?
    Hello, I have successfully applied the patch for the onscreen keyboard, which was easy enough. But can someone give me a more DETAILED direction on how to change the keyboard theme? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    go to the wiki here is the link On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    scroll to the bottom it shows the different theme names along with sounds and haptic information. Now plug in your pre put it into usb mode, click virtual keyboard than "kb_config" and delete the current theme and put the theme of your choice in its place. here is what mine looks like
    {
    "haptic": 50 ms,
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    "theme": "remix_classic"
    }
    for my last post where i have haptic it should just say 50..there should be no ms. sorry i forgot i had that there. And i actually have it set to 100 now. so it should be this:
    {
    "haptic": 100,
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    "theme": "remix_classic"
    }

sorry forgot there was an edit button...
    My backspace dosent work, for some reason, in all apps
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    Decided to go ahead and post some pics so those that don't want to break their keyboards can go ahead and see whats happening.

I was able to accidentally replicate the same issue as "steveapos."

When I received a text message, I opened the messaging app by tapping on the little bubble in the "Notification Area." With the keyboard closed, I double-tapped inside the "Gesture Area" to bring up the On-Screen Keyboard. The On-screen Keyboard covered the "Enter message here.." area, so I tapped the lower, right move key and dragged the keyboard up. The keyboard appeared to have been moved up, but when I tried to tap any of the keys, nothing happened.

Again, I double-tapped inside the "Gesture Area" which brought up the On-Screen Keyboard below the existing On-Screen Keyboard. The second keyboard worked fine; there was just a picture of keyboard stuck above it (as pictured).

I "back gestured" out of the open text message conversation and both keyboards disappeared. Re-opened the text message conversation without anything out of the normal.

Just a heads up. Thanks to everyone who has made the On-Screen Keyboard working; I look forward to all the updates and new features!
    I have a jailbroken iPod Touch and I used to have a themed keyboard. There's plenty of kb themes for the iPhone/iPod and I was wondering if it would be possible to edit those kb images so we can use it for this kb.