Page 18 of 152 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    only works on web and only in vertical-- other functionality puts it on top with only the bottom row showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    only works on web and only in vertical-- other functionality puts it on top with only the bottom row showing.
    u can click the blank button next to shift n drag the keyboard down for sms/mms text application
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Decided to go ahead and post some pics so those that don't want to break their keyboards can go ahead and see whats happening.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Still a bit buggy but amazing progress. I can get it to come down and use it in messaging app, but sometimes wont work and will duplicate if I try to close and bring it back up as illustrated in the previous post.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    Still a bit buggy but amazing progress. I can get it to come down and use it in messaging app, but sometimes wont work and will duplicate if I try to close and bring it back up as illustrated in the previous post.
    it seems that this bug is happening because when you attempt to move the kb down it loses focus and goes to the messaging window (if you notice your text will scroll when you attempt to move down the kb) and then you can get it to work by opening another and moving it but after yyou hit enter it will send the text and the conversation window will catch the focus again.

same but overall very nice im loving the new theme all together (when it is functional) the keyboard seems to have a better flow to it and easier to hit the correct keys, maybe its the theme color and im getting used to it better, or did you mess around with this as well?
    Last edited by intro; 08/22/2009 at 03:13 PM.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  6.    #346  
    out of screen bug fixed. Can't reproduce duplication problem?
    That looks great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    out of screen bug fixed. Can't reproduce duplication problem?
    Only in Texting can the duplication be seen.. Its been that way since the beginning, I thought it was known XD.. GREAT WORK, still lovin it!

EDIT: it is much harder to do it now considering you have to double tap, but you bring up the keyboard once, move it up, or down.. bring up the keyboard again and there you have it.. This can be done as many times as the screen will allow
    Last edited by SMKOUT333; 08/22/2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: more info
    i love the keyboard, how are you guys editing the config file to get the haptic feedback back on and running?
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    Only in Texting can the duplication be seen.. Its been that way since the beginning, I thought it was known XD.. GREAT WORK, still lovin it!

EDIT: it is much harder to do it now considering you have to double tap, but you bring up the keyboard once, move it up, or down.. bring up the keyboard again and there you have it.. This can be done as many times as the screen will allow

ahh ok, I see it. Will fix tomorrow. Have a great night all
    Can you install this on your phone with WebOS Quick Install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Can you install this on your phone with WebOS Quick Install?
    Not at this time, sorry, however, shortly emoney has a suprise quick easy installer for us though. You could get it now, or wait a bit if your unsure till it is easy and completely stable
    after editing kb_config.json i cant use the keyboard here's my edit

Code:
    {
      "haptic": 4,
      "clickFile": "click1.wav"
      "theme": "remix_ice"
    }

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    I will wait, Do you know how much longer till the more easy way comes out
    nevermind got it working again and succesfully edited the kb_config.json

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

Ive been having issue posting code from root through cmd with several walkthroughs. I hate being the newb with training wheels but maybe someone can give me a hand here:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>d \program files\palm\sdk\bin
    'd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin>novacom -t open tty://
    root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    root@castle:/# git pull
    git pull
    /bin/sh: git: not found
    root@castle:/# sh install_kb
    sh install_kb
    sh: can't open install_kb
    root@castle:/# /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /bin/sh: /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: not foun
    d
    root@castle:/#

Thats from me following the steps provided...
    Quote Originally Posted by berrabus@gmail.com View Post
    Ive been having issue posting code from root through cmd with several walkthroughs. I hate being the newb with training wheels but maybe someone can give me a hand here:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin>novacom -t open tty://
    root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    root@castle:/# git pull
    git pull
    /bin/sh: git: not found
    root@castle:/# sh install_kb
    sh install_kb
    sh: can't open install_kb
    root@castle:/# /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /bin/sh: /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: not foun
    d
    root@castle:/#

Thats from me following the steps provided...
    is your pre set up to handle patches? Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    How did you guys get to the .json file to edit the keyboard themes. Once I get to root@castle what command do I need to enter to pull up the file where I can edit?
    Code:
    cd mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/
    vi kb_config.json
    then follow the instructions here then when you done save and exit then

Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    if you need help usuing vi check here

TCCCCnME: Just put your phone is USB mode, then go to the virtual keyboard folder... there you will see it.