Page 17 of 152 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    wtf ok i modded the kb_config.json trying to get haptic and sounds and den all of a sudden the keyboard doesnt come on any more i've stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr like 6 times and nothing

Edit: i even tried a reboot and nothin
    Last edited by johnsavage06; 08/22/2009 at 04:39 AM.

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Grate update and like the theme as well.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Got my repo issues resolved. Log into the pre as root and issue the following commands and you should be up and running

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    quilt pop -a -f
    cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    cp /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/virtual-keyboard.zip .
    unzip virtual-keyboard.zip
    rm virtual-keyboard.zip
    mount -o ro,remount /

Then, if there were no errors, reboot or restart LunaSysMgr and you should be good to go
    Thanks emoney. I got to install the keyboard succesfully with the remix_ice theme. How do I install the theme with the black keyboard similar to the slider keyboard that is shown all over this thread. Thanks
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Looks great, I love the new theme, makes it look and feel "light."
  5.    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    wtf ok i modded the kb_config.json trying to get haptic and sounds and den all of a sudden the keyboard doesnt come on any more i've stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr like 6 times and nothing

Edit: i even tried a reboot and nothin
    Post the json after your changes?
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by reddy1980 View Post
    Thanks emoney. I got to install the keyboard succesfully with the remix_ice theme. How do I install the theme with the black keyboard similar to the slider keyboard that is shown all over this thread. Thanks
    change "remix_ice" to "remix_classic" in /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks it work just fine.
    Looks amazing. The only thing is I don't plan on rooting my Pre any time soon.
    Install is the same whether you are on Pre or Emulator now

Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb
    where do i put your KB zip file?
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    where do i put your KB zip file?
    You don't put anything anywhere, you run the above 3 commands and everything is done for you.
    You don't put anything anywhere, you run the above 3 commands and everything is done for you.
    ok, think i got it. when i try to change theme in .json file and put the updated flie in thru winscp it says access denied. any help?
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 08/22/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Nevermind...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Does the new way of patching uninstall the old theme files? I noticed the location gets moved to its own directory in /media/internal, but wasn't sure if the old theme was just left sitting idle.
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    Does the new way of patching uninstall the old theme files? I noticed the location gets moved to its own directory in /media/internal, but wasn't sure if the old theme was just left sitting idle.
    The old theme files are not handled by the script.

Code:
    rm -rf /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/virt_kb
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    thanks emoney, good work on the keyboard its definitely coming a long way.

I do have one other question though, is there any easy way to change the background color of the keyboard? or the color of the borders?
    ok, think i got it. when i try to change theme in .json file and put the updated flie in thru winscp it says access denied. any help?
  17.    #337  

minor tweak: Fixed top row with latest push

I'm heading out now, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    My keyboard is stuck at the top of my screen
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    just a heads up I installed the latest push after seeing this post and it broke the keyboard. The top row is now fixed, but the keyboard appears at the very top of the screen and you can only see the bottom row of the keyboard.

I also experienced a strange bug that would allow me to keep opening new keyboards rather than getting rid of them. (can pretty much do that indefinitely)
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Yup still works on web just not text, Needs a patch soon
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!