Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    I winscp's the zip and putty handled it from there, then I went back with winscp and deleted the zip from my root directory THANK YOU!
    I did the EXACT same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    We have even better plans in the near future for easy install
    As always, thanks...

You mentioned, default options.. how do I turn on haptic and key sound for example? Thanks
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    As always, thanks...

You mentioned, default options.. how do I turn on haptic and key sound for example? Thanks
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

/media/internal/virtual-keyboard/kb_config.json contains user-configurable options.
    i'm still having problems applying the theme
    i love the new theme so smooth nice work everybody
    winscp tells me permission denied how do i get through this??
    better yet how do i remove the patch so i can start from scratch
    please help
  9.    #309  
    Got my repo issues resolved. Log into the pre as root and issue the following commands and you should be up and running

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    quilt pop -a -f
    cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    cp /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/virtual-keyboard.zip .
    unzip virtual-keyboard.zip
    rm virtual-keyboard.zip
    mount -o ro,remount /

Then, if there were no errors, reboot or restart LunaSysMgr and you should be good to go
    sweet it works
    thanks emoney
    it works and i like it my only complaint thus far is how easily the keyboard can be brought up when you have your keypad open. i wish there were someway to make it only work when the keypad is closed unless you really need it for some reason.

great job tho!
    how do i install this to the emulator? where should i put every thing? plz do a quick how-to
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    it works and i like it my only complaint thus far is how easily the keyboard can be brought up when you have your keypad open. i wish there were someway to make it only work when the keypad is closed unless you really need it for some reason.

great job tho!

It shouldn't be all that easy now that you have to double-tap the gesture area. I had thought about disabling it with keypad open, but then I couldn't take screenshots! :P
  15.    #315  
    OK I updated the install scripts (and added emulator support too), here is how you should install the virtual keyboard:

PRE
    Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb
    EMULATOR
    Code:
    git pull
    sh install_kb emulator
    git pull isn't updating anything so when I go to sh install_kb nothing is found.
    ok now it works
    This is what I'm getting:
    ERROR: Could not find patch: add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    ERROR: Could not install patch!
    Please visit Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
  19.    #319  
    Install is the same whether you are on Pre or Emulator now

Code:
    git pull
    sh install_kb
    I was able to get it to work. The new theme is very nice. I also love the new features. Some suggestions for future updates: right now when a key is pressed it enlarged the key image off too the left. This cuts of the keys closer to the left side of the screen. Maybe have the left keys pop up towards the right and vice versa. I like that feature though because it allows you to see what is being pressed. The keyboard does lag a little. I don't know if there is a way but it would be nice if it got even faster. I also dont know if this is possible, but it would be nice to be able to see the keyboard while it is being dragged. Maybe a feature could be added where if you tapped the black keys you could drag it to the left or right to manually change it to landscape mode, even if the app itself doesn't.
    Remix: excellent themes!!!!
    Emoney: I'll be donating as soon as i get paid. This is excellent work!