Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    ATTENTION:

The directory structure and patch system is going through a transition. The current documented methods of applying the patch will not work at the moment. Please be patient, I will update with instructions as soon as possible.

Thank you
    i finally got this to work earlier today.....very nice work!
    very cool! im glasd i tried to root my pre to ger this. mi will be donating very soon. baxk space worked at dirst but now doesnt, as u can tell w/ the typos. would like the enter key to fgo to the next line instead of removing the keyboard. and dont really care for the hwptic dwwd back. maybe a sound or nothing at all. othwr than that ita prwtty awwsome.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    can someone please help me? i installed the patch for the onscreen keyboard before and it worked fine but when i tried to install the latest update my keyboard is not there anymore and when i try to update all it says now is enable-browser-downloads110.patch needs to be refreshed. so i try to refresh and it says patch is unchanged. so im really lost now. please help
  5.    #285  
    ATTENTION:

The latest top of the tree patch has changed the structure around a bit. As things are in transition to an easier install method, please bear with the hiccups along the way. If you use the latest patch, the location for the theme has changed but I have not had a chance to release new tarball for correct theme location. The following workaround can be used.

Code:
    mkdir /media/internal/virtual-keyboard
    mkdir /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes
    cp -r /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/virt_kb/black_boxy /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes/
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Last edited by egaudet; 08/21/2009 at 01:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i got this working with webos internals quilt methods, absolutely fantastic,
    However I only find it practical in sms and landscape emailing. its a little buggy in the web browser.
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    I've installed it. This is working very well. The updates are coming fast and working perfectly. I have a few suggestions. The drag keyboard feature isn't working on my pre. However this is an excellent idea and should be explored more. Maybe as well and drag and drop you can drag to landscape. This would be useful in an sms. Thw sms page wouldn't switch to landscape but the keyboard could. Maybe have a blank key be used to change input format. For example: a keypad or different languages. Key sound would be nice but i would like to option to turn them off as well as the haptic feedback. The images from remix look excellent. Great work! Suggestion: increase the size of the image so when a key is pressed the larger image is clear. Also, consifer adding the little ripple effect that you get on the progress bar of the video player (this is a personal idea haha). Different themes would be nice.
    All in all this is an excellent keyboard. It works flawlessly!
    would it be possible to have a different way of activating the keyboard? I use the gesture area to copy and paste, (gesture+C, gesture+V) every time I do that the keyboard pops up. is there a better activation method that could be used?
    the delete in landscape mode is not working for me... is anyone else having the same problem???
  10.    #290  
    NEW KEYBOARD OUT

Attached as .zip to main thread because I am having troubles pushing to repository at /opt/src/modifications

Thanks to Remix for another great theme!

8/21/09 - ATTENTION:
    I am having problems uploading to the repository, so for now you can grab the attached .zip, copy it to the pre's root / directory and follow these steps to install:

Code:
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    unzip virtual-keyboard.zip
    quilt import -f /opt/src/tmp/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a

8/21/09 - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Added support for Emulator (pageup will mimic gesture tap, double-tap for keyboard)
    • Separated themes from palm framework
    • Added customizable options and themes via .json files
    • Shrink keys when "active", i.e. shift, orange, sym...
    • Changed keyboard to come up with double-tap of gesture area (within 600ms)
    • Enabled usage within search fields (messaging/email apps etc...)
    • Changed position calculations to render keyboard as low as possible without covering cursor on initialization

For information on user configurable options and themes, please visit the wiki. Users can now change theme, turn haptic on/off and turn sound feedback on/off!

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by egaudet; 08/21/2009 at 11:59 PM.
  11.    #291  
    You should also perform the following step to clean up old files on the limited-space filesystem from previous keyboard releases...

Code:
    rm -rf /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/virt_kb
    where is the theme for this one?? i get the keyboard but its clear
    sorry i see the theme but how do i install it?
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    sorry i see the theme but how do i install it?
    If you copy the .zip attached file to / and unzip it from there it will install to the correct place. Please see the wiki for further explanation of the configuration and theme files and how to change the defaults.

The defaults if everything went smoothly should be the following:

haptic feedback off, sound feedback off, and theme as remix_ice (transparent theme seen above).

Verify the directory /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes/remix_ice/ is populated
    i get this
    No patches applied
    root@castle:/# unzip virtual-keyboard.zip
    unzip: can't open virtual-keyboard.zip, virtual-keyboard.zip.zip, virtual-keyboard.zip.ZIP
    root@castle:/# quilt import -f /opt/src/tmp/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Patch /opt/src/tmp/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not exist
    root@castle:/# quilt push -a
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    did you copy the zip into the / directory?

cd /media/interal
    cp virtual-keyboard.zip /
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    unzip virtual-keyboard.zip
    quilt import -f /opt/src/tmp/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    Last edited by as4life; 08/22/2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Just installed it perfectly. What bugs me is the pop up keys on the top row. i really wish they weren't cut off. Also, when will landscape keyboard work in Messaging?
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Just installed it perfectly. What bugs me is the pop up keys on the top row. i really wish they weren't cut off. Also, when will landscape keyboard work in Messaging?

The virtual keyboard goes landscape with the app, so if the app never changes orientations, neither will the keyboard. I haven't had a chance to look at the messaging app, but it may be a simple enough patch for someone to modify it to support orientation changes.

The pop-up keys on the top row is definitely something I am looking into, it bugs the heck out of me too :P
    This new keyboard is amazing and the new theme is even better! The best part though, was the install, way easier than the repo and went WAY smoother, followed your instructions, they made perfect sense and everything is good in my pre world. Thanks! I think you should offer this install option everytime. I winscp's the zip and putty handled it from there, then I went back with winscp and deleted the zip from my root directory THANK YOU!
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    This new keyboard is amazing and the new theme is even better! The best part though, was the install, way easier than the repo and went WAY smoother, followed your instructions, they made perfect sense and everything is good in my pre world. Thanks! I think you should offer this install option everytime. I winscp's the zip and putty handled it from there, then I went back with winscp and deleted the zip from my root directory THANK YOU!

We have even better plans in the near future for easy install