Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3039
    thank you both. I will unistall VKB - reboot and then install again the keyboard and VKB!

EDIT - nothing again.... ((((
    Last edited by geovass; 08/10/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Eric:

Does virtual keyboard work with 1.4.5.1? I didn't see it on the patch list.

thanks,
    Mark
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Eric:

Does virtual keyboard work with 1.4.5.1? I didn't see it on the patch list.

thanks,
    Mark
    Yes, virtual keyboard is working fine with the update to 1.4.5. Just confirming - I assume you're on Sprint, and now have the new update available, and want to know before updating, right? Assuming yes, FYI, we didn't get 1.4.5.1. It's 1.4.5 just so you're aware (the PDK bug was NOT fixed in the update we received).
    Quote Originally Posted by geovass View Post
    thank you both. I will unistall VKB - reboot and then install again the keyboard and VKB!

EDIT - nothing again.... ((((
    It could be that you're only installng the VKB Default Themes and Configuration and not the Virtual Keyboard patch. When you choose to install the patch it tells you there is a prerequsite, which is VKB Default Themes and Configuration, and installs this NOT the Virtual Keyboard patch. Ater the install you must do a Luna restart. Then you must go back into Preware and go through the steps to install the Virtual Keyboard patch, which will now install since the prereq has been met. Ater a Luna restart you can open VKB with a double-tap. Let us know if this was the issue. FYI, to see if you already have the patch and default theme and config installed check for

Installed Packages --> Patch --> Vrtual Keyboard

and

Installed Packages --> Miscellaneous --> VKB Default Themes and Configuration
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    It could be that you're only installng the VKB Default Themes and Configuration and not the Virtual Keyboard patch. When you choose to install the patch it tells you there is a prerequsite, which is VKB Default Themes and Configuration, and installs this NOT the Virtual Keyboard patch. Ater the install you must do a Luna restart. Then you must go back into Preware and go through the steps to install the Virtual Keyboard patch, which will now install since the prereq has been met. Ater a Luna restart you can open VKB with a double-tap. Let us know if this was the issue. FYI, to see if you already have the patch and default theme and config installed check for

Installed Packages --> Patch --> Vrtual Keyboard

and

Installed Packages --> Miscellaneous --> VKB Default Themes and Configuration
    Thank you for your time! I have done exactly what you are saying...
    It just wont popup...?? Maybe using WebOSDoctor / clear install is the only solution left?
    What do you think?
    Something weird just happened. I downloaded a few different themes for the VKB and attempted to test it out on a memo. I double-tapped until my fingertips began to bleed and the VKB never popped up. I deleted the themes and then the VKB works again. Am I missing something? Also, is the Key Boss patch/app (not sure which) the only method for being able to use the 'delete' function on the VKB while on a website?

Thanks!
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Something is really not working here...
    I have used WebOSDoctor and my phone was reset as new.

I have installed VKB, rebooted, installed the VK patch, rebooted but still with double tapping the keyboard is not appearing...

Heeeeelp ((
    Something is really not working here...
    I have used WebOSDoctor and my phone was reset as new.

I have installed VKB, rebooted, installed the VK patch, rebooted but still with double tapping the keyboard is not appearing...

Heeeeelp ((
    Can you confirm in WOSQI that the VKB patch is active?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Can you confirm in WOSQI that the VKB patch is active?
    ooops... How do i check this?
    ooops... How do i check this?
    (Assuming you followed this to install Preware)

I believe there is a checkbox in Tools --> Tweaks for virtual keyboard
    (Assuming you followed this to install Preware)

I believe there is a checkbox in Tools --> Tweaks for virtual keyboard
    Oh... yes its active. Both VKB anfd the Keyboard have been installed correctly...
    Still it doesnt work..
    I'm having trouble with the VKB since the 1.4.5 update: I know you double tap the gesture area to make the keyboard appear and I was able to 'put it away' by tapping the gestuure area once before clicking a button to go or search or whatever in the browser, or else the vkb would be more difficult to get rid of. Now, even when I do that the keyboard just won't go away!

Anyone else having that problem? How do I make it go away?
  13.    #2973  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    I'm having trouble with the VKB since the 1.4.5 update: I know you double tap the gesture area to make the keyboard appear and I was able to 'put it away' by tapping the gestuure area once before clicking a button to go or search or whatever in the browser, or else the vkb would be more difficult to get rid of. Now, even when I do that the keyboard just won't go away!

Anyone else having that problem? How do I make it go away?
    Changed to double-tap to hide as well.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    i'm having issues with the click sound i have searched this thread a few times and have not found exactly what im looking for. My problem is this....i install the keyboard and the theme i want and its working fine then i edit the kb_config.json file to add haptic feedback and the clicking sound. the haptic feedback is working but i am getting no sound. I never had this problem before the 1.4.5 update, not saying thats the problem but thats when it started. the .wav file is there i have verified that. On top of that when i use the virtual keyboard my system sound for when u swipe away cards stops working as well. Anybody have any issue like this before?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  15. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Pixi user here:
    When I enable virtual keyboard and use landscape in the web browser, I lose the end of the keyboard, and it only goes up to the O key on the top line
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Changed to double-tap to hide as well.
    Wow..lol. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i'm having issues with the click sound i have searched this thread a few times and have not found exactly what im looking for. My problem is this....i install the keyboard and the theme i want and its working fine then i edit the kb_config.json file to add haptic feedback and the clicking sound. the haptic feedback is working but i am getting no sound. I never had this problem before the 1.4.5 update, not saying thats the problem but thats when it started. the .wav file is there i have verified that. On top of that when i use the virtual keyboard my system sound for when u swipe away cards stops working as well. Anybody have any issue like this before?
    I have the same problem. Only one theme was installed as well.
    Thanks for any help!

Duke
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemohs View Post
    I have the same problem. Only one theme was installed as well.
    Thanks for any help!

Duke
    same here
    i have now realized that both the camera click sound and the sound made when a card is flicked away are lost after installing this patch
    i doctored my pre hoping that might help my system sounds are restored but still no click sound when i reiinstall the keyboard and it makes the system sounds stop functioning until i luna restart
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!