Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    one simple question, how can I edit the kb_config.json to add the haptic feedback from internalz?, thanks!
    Open Internalz, navigate to /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/ tap kb_config.json and select open.

Next to haptic, change the 0 (they suggest to 50). Swipe down on the upper left to get to the menu. Select "save file" then back-swipe gesture.

That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Open Internalz, navigate to /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/ tap kb_config.json and select open.

Next to haptic, change the 0 (they suggest to 50). Swipe down on the upper left to get to the menu. Select "save file" then back-swipe gesture.

That's it!
    thank you so much!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Last night I updated to the latest uberkernel v1.4.1-92 and have since lost the space bar and backspace functionality of the virtual keyboard. So far I have used the messaging and email apps. Anyone else having the same issue?
    I installed the vitual keyboard and its not working ..

keeps coming up with the message :

'could not load configuration file kb_config.json. Try to reinstall the package titled 'VKB Default Themes and Configuration'

God what have i done

Help?
    Maybe try rebooting. If the problem still persists, maybe try removing and reinstalling?

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I've tried rebooting, still doesnt work.

How do i remove it? Only found out about these 'patches' today you see so i am a bit confused :S
    Use whatever program you installed it with to remove it. ie- Webos Quick Install, Preware, etc..
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    there are two packages you now have to install for the virtual keyboard..

There is the VKB package itself, and if you look in preware there is a "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" package.
    Uninstall the VBK package, then install both of them and run
    I used Webos Quick Install.. when I go back to the online repository it doesnt have Virtual Keyboard on the list anymore.. how excatly do I uninstall it? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    there are two packages you now have to install for the virtual keyboard..

There is the VKB package itself, and if you look in preware there is a "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" package.
    Uninstall the VBK package, then install both of them and run
    i'll try that now thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rollemup View Post
    uinput works well combined with keyboss and gets along well with vkb. Give it a spin.
    do all of these apps ur talkin of work with da pixi as well and r dey obtainable thru preware?
    Hi Everyone.
    I am new in the Palm World, just bought a Palm Pre Plus and installed the virtual keyboard.
    I am having a problem when double tapping... It just wont work. No popup keyboard ever showed up...
    Can someone help?

Many thanks! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by geovass View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    I am new in the Palm World, just bought a Palm Pre Plus and installed the virtual keyboard.
    I am having a problem when double tapping... It just wont work. No popup keyboard ever showed up...
    Can someone help?

Many thanks! ;-)
    Where are you tapping your Pre? You need to double tap the left side of the gesture area, right next to the LED. You also need to be in an app like the browser, email, texting, ect before the keyboard will open. Make sure you see the cursor in the app you are trying to use the keyboard on.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

This is excactly what i am doing... I have Memos opened, and the cursor is blinking... I am double tapping on the left side (near the led) but nothing is popping up...
    This is excactly what i am doing... I have Memos opened, and the cursor is blinking... I am double tapping on the left side (near the led) but nothing is popping up...

How did you install the Virtual Keyboard patch? Was it through Preware or through Quick Install? I have installed the patch before and had the same issue you did. I had to remove the patch, delete the Virtual Keyboard folder through USB mode, reset the phone, then reinstalled the patch.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/10/2010 at 03:04 AM.

I dont see any Virtual keyboard patch... Where is this? I dont think i have installed this... Is it through Preware or Quick Install ?
    I dont see any Virtual keyboard patch... Where is this? I dont think i have installed this... Is it through Preware or Quick Install ?
    The Virtual Keyboard app is considered a patch. You can download it through Preware, or use Quick Install and install it from, I think it is the Tweaks section. I haven't used Quick Install in a while. The Virtual Keyboad patch that you have on your phone, how did you install it? If you downloaded it through Preware, then you should have had to download another patch with it. Did you install both files?

Ahh... ok. Yes, i have installed the Patch. I am not sure about the other patch. What is the name of the other patch - so i can have a look.
    I have installed it using Preware.
    I have tried to remove it, restart the Pre and then re - install and reboot again.
    Ahh... ok. Yes, i have installed the Patch. I am not sure about the other patch. What is the name of the other patch - so i can have a look.
    I have installed it using Preware.
    I have tried to remove it, restart the Pre and then re - install and reboot again.

The other patch is called "VKB Default Themes and configuration".If it is installed on your phone, then it should be in the Miscellaneous section, under Installed Packages. If you downloaded the file through Preware, you should have been told there is another file that needs to be downloaded before the patch will work. You should try to remove and then reinstall the keyboard patch through Quick-Install. Using Quick Install is better, because you also get to customize the keyboard for sound effects, sounds, ect.

20.    #2960  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    The other patch is called "VKB Default Themes and configuration".If it is installed on your phone, then it should be in the Miscellaneous section, under Installed Packages. If you downloaded the file through Preware, you should have been told there is another file that needs to be downloaded before the patch will work. You should try to remove and then reinstall the keyboard patch through Quick-Install. Using Quick Install is better, because you also get to customize the keyboard for sound effects, sounds, ect.
    It is NOT better to install with QI. First of all, installing packages via QI or Preware have the same outcome for the specific package in the sense that they both follow the open packaging standards. However QI does not handle dependencies. I continue to recommend installing via Preware.

You can still use QI to easily modify the config file for sounds/haptic etc... regardless of which utility you use to install.

PS: The "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" package is not a patch

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate