Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3039
    VK is smooth and sexy over here in my neck of the woods. Except for that annoying click.wav , removing asap. It also occasionally just stops in mid text randomly, then catches up only to make a domino effect of click sounds until it finally stops when I stop in mid text to allow it.

A cool idea i have would be if every single VK key played a different note in octave, and there were different instruments as well. Or it could be annoying, just a concept idea thrown out there...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorDr View Post
    I have been experiencing this as well. I first noticed after installing the update that separated the virtual keyboard from its themes.

I am on a Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 with uber kernel and Govnah set to Screenstate 500/800.

--MotorDr--
    Same problem here. but, I have a VZW Pre Plus, not a Sprint Pre
    Last edited by boutit; 07/17/2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I have a VZW Pre Plus, not a Sprint Pre
    @egaudet
    so some weeks ago i had everything working successfully. but then things just stopped working.

whenever i install Keyboss the enter, space, and backspace keys stop working in all applications. when i uninstall it they become responsive again.

every once in a while a random device restart will get things to work. but with the next reset the problem will come back. I tried installing everything fresh again (wiped VKB, VKB themes service, keyboss, and uinput module) and started over, but no cigar.
    Quote Originally Posted by olufadi1 View Post
    @egaudet
    so some weeks ago i had everything working successfully. but then things just stopped working.

whenever i install Keyboss the enter, space, and backspace keys stop working in all applications. when i uninstall it they become responsive again.

every once in a while a random device restart will get things to work. but with the next reset the problem will come back. I tried installing everything fresh again (wiped VKB, VKB themes service, keyboss, and uinput module) and started over, but no cigar.
    Same here.
    uninstalled keyboss and back space works again. Not in browser though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Same here.
    Not here. I just reinstalled UInput and Keyboss earlier after your post in a previous thread about VKB. I'll let you and the community know if I experience any of the same.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Its really so hard to keep up with everythign here. I dont know if this is new, or just new to me and I missed about info about it.

but VKB now works for Universal Search? I sorta came upon this by accident. Launch any launcher page, then double tap gesture area and VKB pops up. took a few to figure out how to get rid of it.. hehe but its a nice new feature.

When did this appear, or have I just really missed it for a long time?

While I would like backspace in browser pages, Im a bit leary of keyboss as I have seen a lot of people posting issues with it.

Also I see in Preware there is yet another update to VKB. Anything really new in it? Im a bit hesitant again to install, as last time I did have some issues.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Its really so hard to keep up with everythign here. I dont know if this is new, or just new to me and I missed about info about it.

but VKB now works for Universal Search? I sorta came upon this by accident. Launch any launcher page, then double tap gesture area and VKB pops up. took a few to figure out how to get rid of it.. hehe but its a nice new feature.

When did this appear, or have I just really missed it for a long time?

While I would like backspace in browser pages, Im a bit leary of keyboss as I have seen a lot of people posting issues with it.

Also I see in Preware there is yet another update to VKB. Anything really new in it? Im a bit hesitant again to install, as last time I did have some issues.

You have missed quite a few great updates and fixes Diane. I just tested the universal search with quick launch open and it functioned perfectly via VKB. I am actually typing this with the VKB, UInput and keyboss, and everything is as responsive as the physical qwerty KB. Delete is working fine for me on web pages. So far the only thing I have experienced with the VKB compared to the phys.KB is that it isn't auto replacing words after finishing a sentence with a period after the word being replaced. I.e. u. (i just typed that in with the VKB. However; with the phys. KB it works just fine, you. (typed with phys. KB)

As I'm getting close to the end of this post,i have used every feature on the VKB that I also am on the phys. KB. Including moving the VKB position and symb key. It's working just fine.

if you liked the VKB and the concept of it all before the issues you once had, you will really like it now with all the fixes.

My recommendation is that you revisit the VKB and fall in love

ADD ON: big props to egaudet, I am enjoying the full control I have now on my physical qwerty keyboard. Thank you. I truly am the BOSS of my keyboard
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/21/2010 at 03:47 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    You have missed quite a few great updates and fixes Diane. I just tested the universal search with quick launch open and it functioned perfectly via VKB. I am actually typing this with the VKB, UInput and keyboss, and everything is as responsive as the physical qwerty KB. Delete is working fine for me on web pages. So far the only thing I have experienced with the VKB compared to the phys.KB is that it isn't auto replacing words after finishing a sentence with a period after the word being replaced. I.e. u. (i just typed that in with the VKB. However; with the phys. KB it works just fine, you. (typed with phys. KB)

As I'm getting close to the end of this post,i have used every feature on the VKB that I also am on the phys. KB. Including moving the VKB position and symb key. It's working just fine.

if you liked the VKB and the concept of it all before the issues you once had, you will really like it now with all the fixes.

My recommendation is that you revisit the VKB and fall in love

ADD ON: big props to egaudet, I am enjoying the full control I have now on my physical qwerty keyboard. Thank you. I truly am the BOSS of my keyboard

Oh ya I USE it all the time, just did not know, or follow about I guess, the pulling it up with a launcher page opened, to be able to use it in universal search mode.

So.... are you saying the current update that is sitting in Preware is ok, and issue free? What other new additions does it have? I DO have the feature for universal search, so what else may have been added....
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Oh ya I USE it all the time, just did not know, or follow about I guess, the pulling it up with a launcher page opened, to be able to use it in universal search mode.

So.... are you saying the current update that is sitting in Preware is ok, and issue free? What other new additions does it have? I DO have the feature for universal search, so what else may have been added....
    Yes it is Okay to install from what i've seen and experienced first hand. I am not having issues with it at all (other than what was mentioned in the previous post and what i posted here) and it is a non inconvenient small bug, but if the developer so chooses to fix that at a later date; that would be uber fresh. That being said, it should be okay for you to install. All fixes have been posted in the description of the VKB package on Preware, just click on it and read the description carefully. The fixes will be listed there.
    Only issue that I have witnessed and experienced is the one mentioned in my previous post, and that is that; auto correct doesn't seem to respond with a period at the end of a sentence ending with the usual auto replace for words such as you and are amongst a few, and words ending with apostrophe; like doesn't, wasn't, and they're for example, when ending with a period or other quotations/symbols as it does using the hard keyboard. Other than that.....

Enjoy
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/21/2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

sometimes the extra features stop working and when I open Keyboss it says uinput can't be loaded. I have to uninstall and reinstall to make it work but it keeps happening! I have a bunch of patches, glass theme, mobile hotspot and f105 kernel. Any ideas?
    Does anyone have the vk working flawlessly with the browser? I see the backspace works now but sometimes I can't type anything in search boxes. So I mostly use it for universal search.
    I haven't been able to get the vkb to work at all on my pre plus. I've been reading through threads and trying different things, but nothing seems to work. I've tried installing the vkb with both QI and Preware (yes, I've uninstalled and deleted all the files and reinstalled). It appears on my phone as an installed patch in preware, but doesn't work. Also appears on QI under "device management". And I've followed the instructions on how to use it. Absolutely no results.

Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Yes it is Okay to install from what i've seen and experienced first hand. I am not having issues with it at all (other than what was mentioned in the previous post and what i posted here) and it is a non inconvenient small bug, but if the developer so chooses to fix that at a later date; that would be uber fresh. That being said, it should be okay for you to install. All fixes have been posted in the description of the VKB package on Preware, just click on it and read the description carefully. The fixes will be listed there.
    Only issue that I have witnessed and experienced is the one mentioned in my previous post, and that is that; auto correct doesn't seem to respond with a period at the end of a sentence ending with the usual auto replace for words such as you and are amongst a few, and words ending with apostrophe; like doesn't, wasn't, and they're for example, when ending with a period or other quotations/symbols as it does using the hard keyboard. Other than that.....

Enjoy

Small Beans???

There is also always the webos-internals wiki... Pass the rusty fork
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/22/2010 at 01:44 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

virtual keyboard loads and work correctly but doens't go away after tapping once, any clue why?
    It was made to be removed tapping it twice a couple or more updates ago. There is a mentioning of that if you read the description of the VKB package.

Always be sure to read up on the fixes and added portion of that description, you will catch a wealth of knowledge and learn about what you will be installing
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by stefanhdd View Post
    I haven't been able to get the vkb to work at all on my pre plus. I've been reading through threads and trying different things, but nothing seems to work. I've tried installing the vkb with both QI and Preware (yes, I've uninstalled and deleted all the files and reinstalled). It appears on my phone as an installed patch in preware, but doesn't work. Also appears on QI under "device management". And I've followed the instructions on how to use it. Absolutely no results.

Ideas?

Did you happen to make sure that you did a Luna Restart after each time that you installed, uninstalled, and then reinstalled?

I ask only because, you never mentioned that in your post.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    Thanks for all of your hard work.

I have been running the F105 and have been testing it. Will the keyboss & UInput effect that kernel? The reason I ask is that the uinput in preware is listed inder Kernel Module? I may be wrong?

Thanks for the help!

UInput works well combined with keyboss and gets along well with VKB. Give it a spin.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    is there a way to get the ipkg prior to keyboss and uinput and seperate config file, that version has worked the best for me and I would like to use it rather then the current non functioning incarnation.

i think my phone is picky about VKB.

Thanks,
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    one simple question, how can I edit the kb_config.json to add the haptic feedback from internalz?, thanks!