Page 145 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3039
    also noticed my ringtone switched to Pre, anybody noticed this
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

maxima.... same. strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    maxima.... same. strange.
    i agree with the default wallpaper showing but its also the ringtone so yeah
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #2884  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    I'm having the same issue and couldn't figure if it related to VKB/KeyBoss/uinput or Music Player (Remix) which I installed the same day. However, my background initially reset to the default after I reset the default wallpaper in Music Player (Remix), so I'm not totally convinced this is the culprit. I also noticed that the daily backup hadn't taken place since the install.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Ditto on this, every morning after my preset/reset, the default background is there. I am going to do some tests right now to see which causes it. It is either keyboss, uinput or the combo of both becasue they are the only new things on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    also noticed my ringtone switched to Pre, anybody noticed this
    Fixed in the alpha software, KeyBoss

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2544150

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Fixed in the alpha software, KeyBoss

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2544150
    fixed in 0.1.2?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

OK: regular Luna and Jave restarts act normal.
    restart with both keyboss and uinput installed brings up the default screen background.
    well... after my restart and putting my background up, I started preware to remove keyboss as part of testing, and lo and behold an update to keyboss fixing the bug!! updated keyboss and then did a restart with negative results. default screen still came back up. I did the restart twice after just to be sure and both times, my background came up. now my restarts were done with the 'restart button' app so I made preset/reset do it twice and it worked correctly both times. As an addition, the ringtones came through as expected as well!! All is well again in VKB land!!!!
    Last edited by jakelaw; 07/07/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Which two packages, list the titles

The 2 titles that Preware wants me to install for the Virtual-Keyboard, is the Virtual-Keyboard patch and the "VKB Default Theme". When I install them both, the keyboard doesn't work. When I remove just the Default Theme, the keyboard also doesn't work. If I install the patch through Quick Install, the keyboard works but just barely. It's that black, basic theme where the keys don't all work. I have tried every different combination of Installs and Uninstalls, but still no luck.

Where is this? It's obsolete now, and shouldn't be run.
    The Cleanup file is still in Preware and Quick Install.

What version, what feeds are active, have you updated saved packages list.
    I have Preware 1.1.4, and I have no custom links added to Preware. All the feeds that I have listed within Preware, came with Preware. How do I update Saved Packages? Is that something within Preware?

Last edited by the2ndflood; 07/08/2010 at 01:24 AM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Still cannot add recipients in the messaging apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by boutit View Post
    PS...thanks for your work on this. I really appreciate the VKB. I was upset when I thought it was messed up before I re-installed the config and themes.
    KGG

How did you get the Themes to work? Did you download the Themes from Preware and then it installed? I'm still having problems getting the patch to work, but I want to be able to easily change themes once I get everything worked out. So I just want to know how people got the themes from Preware, to work with the Virtual-Keyboard patch installed on their phone? Because so far I haven't gotten the themes through Preware to work. Changing the themes with Quick Install only makes that basic black theme come up. Trying to change themes using the gear button on the default theme just causes the Virtual Keyboard to lag and the theme never changes.

The Themes are a cool feature though! If I could just find a way to make them work.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 07/08/2010 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    How did you get the Themes to work? Did you download the Themes from Preware and then it installed? I'm still having problems getting the patch to work, but I want to be able to easily change themes once I get everything worked out. So I just want to know how people got the themes from Preware, to work with the Virtual-Keyboard patch installed on their phone? Because so far I haven't gotten the themes through Preware to work. Changing the themes with Quick Install only makes that basic black theme come up. Trying to change themes using the gear button on the default theme just causes the Virtual Keyboard to lag and the theme never changes.

The Themes are a cool feature though! If I could just find a way to make them work.
    Have you tried the instructions in the wiki listed in the OP? That is what I followed and it was very helpful.

delete the VKB patch and all themes
    Open Preware and install the "VKB Default Themes and Configuration"
    you can find it here: Preware>Available Packages>Miscellaneous
    Install the Virtual Keyboard patch and allow luna to restart

You should be in business after that. That's how I got it to work. Then you go back into preware and install the themes. I haven't been having problems with getting the themes to work, but I'm going to go to WOSQI and try to set one of the other themes as the default when I double-tap to open the VKB.

Good luck
    One more thing, I am still having problems adding recipients to emails. It won't let me add more than one letter before it clears the field.
    One more thing, I am still having problems adding recipients to emails. It won't let me add more than one letter before it clears the field.
    See post 2887
    Thanks...i saw post 2887. I will be patient now.
  15.    #2895  
    The 2 titles that Preware wants me to install for the Virtual-Keyboard, is the Virtual-Keyboard patch and the "VKB Default Theme". When I install them both, the keyboard doesn't work. When I remove just the Default Theme, the keyboard also doesn't work. If I install the patch through Quick Install, the keyboard works but just barely. It's that black, basic theme where the keys don't all work. I have tried every different combination of Installs and Uninstalls, but still no luck.
    Using only Preware
    • Go into Preware, disable all test feeds.
    • Remove "Virtual Keyboard" and then "VKB Default Themes and Config". Choose "later" when prompted to restart luna.
    • Update feeds and verify that the previous two packages are no longer installed.
    • Put phone in usb mode and remove the virtual-keyboard folder completely. You should now have 0 remnants of the VKB past or present.
    • Start preware, make sure all test feeds are disabled, tap app menu choose update feeds.
    • Navigate to Available Packages -> Patch -> Mojo -> Virtual Keyboard and tap install.
    • Tap install/update when prompted to install dependent package "VKB Default Themes and Configuration"
    • Tap to restart Luna when prompted
    • Open memos and double tap, report behavior.
    • List device, webos version, other mojo patches installed, country code, language code

I have Preware 1.1.4, and I have no custom links added to Preware. All the feeds that I have listed within Preware, came with Preware. How do I update Saved Packages? Is that something within Preware?
    Preware main scene -> Saved Package List -> update

Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Still cannot add recipients in the messaging apps.
    Found and fixed locally. Will be fixed in 1.4.x-8 release, due tonight or tomorrow.

#2 (Can only enter one character for name in to: fields (messaging, email)) – Virtual Keyboard

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    moved
    Last edited by theinnkeeper; 07/08/2010 at 04:23 PM.
  17.    #2897  
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    Love this app, two things i see.
    1. Is there a way to change the timing of the double tap, im now having a problem where im getting dashes in normal typing when i have things like double ss.
    2. When you are tying to start a sentence with a number, like new text message. if you double tap say f you will get the f and the 5.
    Wrong thread.

-Eric G

Donate
    Using only Preware
    • Go into Preware, disable all test feeds.
    • Remove "Virtual Keyboard" and then "VKB Default Themes and Config". Choose "later" when prompted to restart luna.
    • Update feeds and verify that the previous two packages are no longer installed.
    • Put phone in usb mode and remove the virtual-keyboard folder completely. You should now have 0 remnants of the VKB past or present.
    • Start preware, make sure all test feeds are disabled, tap app menu choose update feeds.
    • Navigate to Available Packages -> Patch -> Mojo -> Virtual Keyboard and tap install.
    • Tap install/update when prompted to install dependent package "VKB Default Themes and Configuration"
    • Tap to restart Luna when prompted
    • Open memos and double tap, report behavior.
    • List device, webos version, other mojo patches installed, country code, language code

Preware main scene -> Saved Package List -> update
    I was finally able to get the patch working again. I had to install the Theme Manager, before I could install the VKB patch. Once I installed it that way, the patch started working again. The themes still don't work, but I couldn't ever get them to work correctly before; so I can deal with that part. Maybe one day the themes will work, but for now I'm good.

Thanks!!!

19.    #2899  
    I was finally able to get the patch working again. I had to install the Theme Manager, before I could install the VKB patch. Once I installed it that way, the patch started working again. The themes still don't work, but I couldn't ever get them to work correctly before; so I can deal with that part. Maybe one day the themes will work, but for now I'm good.

Thanks!!!
    The theme manager?

The themes in preware (theme versions 1.1.1) should all work. Make sure you don't attempt to install anything outside of Preware. The only ones I know work are the ones I've packaged and tested (which are in preware)

-Eric G

Donate
    The theme manager?

The themes in preware (theme versions 1.1.1) should all work. Make sure you don't attempt to install anything outside of Preware. The only ones I know work are the ones I've packaged and tested (which are in preware)
    When I say Theme Manager, I just mean the second software app that we have to now download for the Virtual-Keyboard app to work. I don't know what that piece of software is officially called.

What themes do you know for a fact will work, and how do we make that theme load when the VKB patch loads? I tried installing a theme, but was unable to open the keyboard until I removed that theme. I don't want to name all of the themes that I tried, because I don't think that would be fair to the developers, if I am doing something wrong with the themes themselves. I'm pretty sure I am making a mistake somewhere while trying to use a theme.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 07/09/2010 at 04:55 PM.