Page 143 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    I'm curious why the theme for the keyboard was made worse 2 or 3 updates ago? When I pressed a key the key would "magnify" and I was able to see it and now when I press a key, a single letter without a background shows up. This is a bad idea, especially when on a white background and a yellow character can't be seen. Please change it back to the way it's seen in the demo pics in preware, that way was much better.

Also, I can no longer slide the keyboard application up the screen while text messaging. It only goes up so far and I can't read what the other person sends because I can't slide the keyboard up past my own text entry area.

Also, where in the world is Uinput? What feed? It would be handy to know in the directions for your program in preware. I can find keyboss and virtual keyboard with no problem but uinput is nowhere to be found.

Thanks for the work on this program!
    you should read my post on page 142, I explained how I found uinput
    When adding a new recipient in the text message app I can no longer enter the name using the VK.

Thanks for all the hard work.
    Well, first off, THANKS for the hard work on this. I'm finding it quite useful, more than I thought I would. Actually came here looking for the uinput file referred to.

One thing I didn't see mentioned, and I've never had happen before. Updated the VKB, as per instructions, and it wiped out everything in my "installed" list in Preware. Moved everything to the "saved" section, like the OS wasn't capable of any of my previous patches. It's also reverted the UberKernel somehow so it no longer holds the setting on Luna restart. Bizarre. Has anybody else had this happen, or did I miss something here?
    [QUOTE=jeckert21;2539995]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Weird. The backspace still doesn't work for me and neither does the short keys u and r. Is there something I didn't do that would have enabled this? I have 1.4.1-7 vkb installed along with vkb default theme and config. Would the vkb default theme and config be messing it up?[/QUOTE

1. Launch Keyboss
    2. Press Reset (if you haven't chanched anything, nothing really happened)
    3. Restart phone.

this worked for me. (give thanks to previous poster)
    ok, is there any other suggestions on how to fix this. I cannot install keytoss so your method is out the window :/.
    Eric, will the VKB and all of it's associated support files be compatible with the 1.4.5 update? Through the AUPT system? I am guessing since you are one of the geniuses behind the AUPT that my question is kind of dumb, but thought I would ask for clarification.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Stevesrjr86;2540350]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post

ok, is there any other suggestions on how to fix this. I cannot install keytoss so your method is out the window :/.
    Uninstall VKB and then reinstall. That has worked for me as well in the past :grin
    if anyone still has trouble finding Userspace Input (UInput), It is located in the Available applications/Kernel Module/Input you will find it there. I did.

I Removed keyboss, and my SYM key works again. I suppose i'll wait for an update that fixes that bug. I don't really have much use for keyboss anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    if anyone still has trouble finding Userspace Input (UInput), It is located in the Available applications/Kernel Module/Input you will find it there. I did.

I Removed keyboss, and my SYM key works again. I suppose i'll wait for an update that fixes that bug. I don't really have much use for keyboss anyway.
    ur sym key stopped working for you too? i wouldnt of had thought it was the keyboss, i guess ill remove that too when i have the chance
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ur sym key stopped working for you too? i wouldnt of had thought it was the keyboss, i guess ill remove that too when i have the chance

yeah, removing keyboss solved that issue right away. I got the tip from Stir Fry Alot, it worked for him also. A Thanks! Tab click would be nice
    im really having some problems installing this updated VKB. with the update a few days ago i was unable to install any themes with the VKB, which was livable, but now preware said the package had another update today so i updated it. now when i try to activate it i get an error message about a file not being availalbe. i tried removing it completely, running the clean up old VKB files package, and reinstalling. still no luck. anyone have any idea whats up? i wish i had my old VKB back w/ the default theme. :O(

the error message i get is:
    Could not load configuration file kb_config.json. Try to reinstall VKB Default Themes and Config
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    im really having some problems installing this updated VKB. with the update a few days ago i was unable to install any themes with the VKB, which was livable, but now preware said the package had another update today so i updated it. now when i try to activate it i get an error message about a file not being availalbe. i tried removing it completely, running the clean up old VKB files package, and reinstalling. still no luck. anyone have any idea whats up? i wish i had my old VKB back w/ the default theme. :O(

the error message i get is:
    Could not load configuration file kb_config.json. Try to reinstall VKB Default Themes and Config

You could try installing the VKB themes patch first , and then the VKB itself. When I updated my VKB during the last update where it mentioned I needed to install the VKB themes patch. The update and the VKB theme patch installed well but when I went to test it, it was a dull dark gray back drop with white letters and numbers. So I removed it completely, did a battery pull and reinstalled them again but this time I did the VKB theme first,followed by the VKB and it worked fine. Try that out and let me know if it works for you
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Hey here's my attempt at porting over the HTC Hero KB to our Pre.
    Is there any chance we can get a theme like this to work with the latest version of the virtual keyboard? style is very clean cut, but everytime i try to install it i get this different keyboard all together. id at least like a decent style that is transparent enough to see the writing behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvteg11 View Post
    Is there any chance we can get a theme like this to work with the latest version of the virtual keyboard? style is very clean cut, but everytime i try to install it i get this different keyboard all together. id at least like a decent style that is transparent enough to see the writing behind it.

Have you tried instaling Eazys Transparent theme from the Virtual Keyboard theme pack? It might be right up your alley.
    I like using the lucas papaya. Does anyone know how to get the theme you choose to load with VKB so you don't have to select it everythime.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    You could try installing the VKB themes patch first , and then the VKB itself. When I updated my VKB during the last update where it mentioned I needed to install the VKB themes patch. The update and the VKB theme patch installed well but when I went to test it, it was a dull dark gray back drop with white letters and numbers. So I removed it completely, did a battery pull and reinstalled them again but this time I did the VKB theme first,followed by the VKB and it worked fine. Try that out and let me know if it works for you
    I think installing themes may have messed things up in a little different way for me. I had everything working fine (keyboss, uinput module, etc) I decided to install some themes via preware afterwards. sometime after backspacing and enter were completely unresponsive in any app. when I opened keyboss it said the uinput module was undetected. So i simply uninstalled and reinstalled the uinput module. but after another restart down the road the problem came back again. I am trying another uninstall and reinstall of the uinput module, but I am thinking I may have to start all over again and install the themes first like u suggested. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    can someone please post a link to the keyboss and uinput. I cant find them in preware. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I like using the lucas papaya. Does anyone know how to get the theme you choose to load with VKB so you don't have to select it everythime.
    1. Go to the search button within this thread
    2. Search "default"
    3. ???
    4. Enjoy VK

Quote Originally Posted by lsvteg11 View Post
    can someone please post a link to the keyboss and uinput. I cant find them in preware. thanks!
    Did you go to List of Everything and search for "Keyboss" and "Userspace"?

Keyboss seems to be causing problems with the physical keyboard at this time and does not seem to be needed in order for backspacing or autocorrect to function.
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 07/06/2010 at 01:12 PM.
    autocorrect stopped working for me for the vk. Was the 1.7 update the only thing that added the autocorrect or did I have to install something else?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The keyboard does not work now after this update. What was wrong with it? Why did it need an update...it worked fine. Now I keep getting an error and WEBOSQI does not recognize it as being installed. ***!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry about that egaudet. I wrote that and meant to change it but forgot to. *edited op*

What exactly is it for anyways?