Page 141 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    to the developer I have encounter one problem. When in the browser, once I click on a place to type a text using the VK ,alot of times it will not register any keys I press. For example if I go to google.com and click on the search field and start typing using the VK, it will not register any letters I am typing at all. Though if I use the universal search and search through google, then once the searchs comes up, I can only delete the intial search, but cannont enter any letters. Seems to be a bug you should look into thanks. Also when using the keyboss my selections do not stick once I close the application.
    I'm having the same issue as you. I tried to use VKB to type into Precentral's entry field and non of the letters registered. I'm currently using the physical keyboard to type. Don't believe me?..Just try creating a new thread with VKB on Precentral, it won't work.
    Installed the VKB update, the keyboss package and the userspace input module... everything working great so far.

Backspace working in SMS just fine - also auto correct and backspace now work in the browser.

Great work!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i am typing with VK 1.7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I'm having the same issue as you. I tried to use VKB to type into Precentral's entry field and non of the letters registered. I'm currently using the physical keyboard to type. Don't believe me?..Just try creating a new thread with VKB on Precentral, it won't work.
    try going into the keyboss and clicking resett, then reset your phone. See if that works, it did for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    i am typing with VK 1.7
    Pretty much...Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt work (im talking about the typing on precentral reply with VKB ans making a new thread with VKB, im not talking about other sites)

Since You can make a new thread and type with VKB on Precentral, im going to uninstall everything and reinstall again and see if that solves the problem.
    I never use VK while typing online because of the non-functionality of the backspace button (I make to many mistakes while typing on the VK), the only time I ever use VK is when I am texting in landscape mode.
    I never use VK while typing online because of the non-functionality of the backspace button (I make to many mistakes while typing on the VK), the only time I ever use VK is when I am texting in landscape mode.
    OHHHH...It probably only works in landscape mode while on precentral's text field. I was only trying it in portrait mode
    I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to everybody who has helped develop the VK into the most excellent patch that it is today.
    Now im having problems after uninstalling everything lol..Should have just left it the way it was before.
    The backspace works in 1.7....
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Update 2: Okay, I found the uinput kernel module. Since the attitude on these feeds seems to be "you have to find it on your own before you're ready to use it" and clear instructions get removed, I'll just point anyone looking for it here and hope they can put it together.

If alpha stuff is going to be hidden like that with a "you have to find it on your own before we tell you how to find it" attitude, then it shouldn't be included as part of a beta or general level release. It's really frakking frustrating and just ****es people off.

Update: Okay, I found this page for how to set up the testing feeds and got the feed for KeyBoss, but I'm not seeing the Userspace Input Module. I assume it's a different feed, but can anyone tell me where?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    webos-internals-testing
    webos-kernels-testing

Details in many places on this forum and webos-internals.org

-- Rod
    Could somebody please post the URLs? I tried running a search, and got:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : webos-kernels-testing
    It makes it hard to find a specific resource when the search engine excludes what you're searching for.
    Last edited by bbrg548; 07/04/2010 at 02:14 PM.
    I have been trying the VKB with keyboss and uinput, and I must say that it works really well. The auto correct works and it resembles what the actual physical keyboard would do except the capitalizing of the first letter of a sentence. With that said, it is very well constructed and I believe it is a giant step forward for the VKB. I also noticed that when I reverted to typing with the physical keyboard I had an issue recognizing the letter "t". Just wanted to put it out there as a bug, after all, this is a testing package. Thanks.
    it would be nice if the theme stuck and you did not have to change it back to the prefered theme every time you want to use it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it would be nice if the theme stuck and you did not have to change it back to the prefered theme every time you want to use it .

Use WOQI to set it as your default.
    How do i enable auto correction? It doesnt seem to be enabled. Is there a setting you enable in Uinput or Keyboss? Uinput is blank btw.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is some really great work. The autocorrect is fantastic, corrects what was by far the biggest drawback of the VKB in the past.

Now for some bug reporting: as someone mentioned, it does not capitalize the first letter of a new word after a period. It also doesn't seem to capitalize the first letter of a

Second, if you open an email and try to type a contact's name or email address in the To: field, about the time it starts searching your contacts your VKB stops accepting input. If you click back into that field to keep typing, the little that was typed is set off as if it were a full contact and backspacing deletes it as it would if you were deleting a contact from the To: field. Best I can explain that one, sorry.

Third. After I installed the VKB with Preware, I installed haptic feedback vis webOS Quick Install, then I enabled the appropriate testing feeds and installed uinput and keyboss. Did a luna restart. Turned off Developer Mode and did the accompanying restart. Upon reboot, my phone's background was the default wallpaper rather than my own. Curious.

Fourth. I went to Google and tried to type a common search (my alma mater) in the search box. Nothing appeared, but after a second of typing, the box dropped down with my common searches and offered me my most recent searches that include my college's name. So on some level, its registering the input, but nothing was showing up. I tried this one again in landscape and it worked just fine, and on the subsequent search page I edited the search in portrait with the VKB just fine.
    I think Uinput is just the service for KeyBoss, yet implemented into a app.
    So it basically runs in the background without actually running the app.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    hey people the uniput module is under ~userspace input module~ look under that and install.

Did you find that in Preware?

edit: I found it. For those who are having trouble finding the Keyboss, I managed to install it from Quick Install, blue down arrow, webos internals testing (should be in the drop down box). The userinputmodule was found here: ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1/..... I just typed it in my browser (copy and paste if you want) than scrolled all the way to the bottom and installed both ipk's than rebooted...works fine now.

edit again: I had to reboot it twice, on the second reboot the wallpaper changed back to default, I just simply changed it back and it's working perfectly now.
    Last edited by kristoffer10; 07/04/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    There "may" be a problem with today's (Preware) update of Virtual Keyboard 1.4.1-7 - have tried updating and saw it get hung up - rebooted the phone reloaded Preware - uninstalled VK - luna restart - attempted to re-install VK via Preware, "SUCCESS" - but after luna restart it says it cannot open the keyboard config.JSON file and wants me to update again. Have simply uninstalled the VirtualKeyboard patch until this settles down, (or I find out something is wrong with my particular phone).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    tried updating and saw it get hung up - rebooted the phone reloaded Preware - uninstalled VK - luna restart - attempted to re-install VK via Preware, "SUCCESS" - but after luna restart it says it cannot open the keyboard config.JSON file and wants me to update again.
    I had similar problems, actually. I did that dance a few times, uninstalling with webOS Quick Install whenever Preware failed to remove the VKB. Make sure that when you uninstall, you also uninstall "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" and then when you try to reinstall the VKB, it will install that package as well. It eventually worked for me, though I wouldn't blame you if you gave up for a while, I almost did.