logallrefupdates = true
    [remote "origin"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://gitorious.org/webos-internals/modifications.git
    [branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master
    ~
    Just installed. works nicely except for the "enter" key. it will not take me to the next line.
    Suggestions please ??
    has anyone been able to install using WebOS quick install??? i heard it call install patches!!
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    has anyone been able to install using WebOS quick install??? i heard it call install patches!!
    lol, it can only install everything listed on the "Tweaks" menu. this patch not being one of them.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    lol, it can only install everything listed on the "Tweaks" menu. this patch not being one of them.
    Shoot! You guys got my hopes up.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    ok i had the first keyboard up "white red letters" i saw the new patch"cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscreen-keyboard.patch" and appplied it and i keep getting
    puling latest git tree...
    already up to date...
    Remounting /rw,
    Popping previous patches...
    Patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads110.patch needs to be refreshed first.
    error could not pop patch
    please visis.........
    root@castle:/optsrc/modifications#
    so i tried
    quilt refresh /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/enable-browser-downloads110.patch i get patch/opt/src/modifications/frameworks/enable-browser-downloads110.patch is not in series

not sure whats next.
    All wrong.
    cd /
    quilt refresh /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads110.patch
    Then pop/push and maybe do a quilt refresh in the middle.
    thanks tried this cd /
    quilt refresh /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads110.patch

patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads110.patch is not applied

then

cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscreen-keyboard.patch

patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch does not remove cleanly refresh it or enforce it
    could not pop patch
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    im tired of seeing people on here asking what did i do wrong because they skip a command and aren't in the right directory. i made a post on my site with the steps i do EVERYTIME and i have always had it work.

GO HERE if you are having trouble or need a good reference.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    im tired of seeing people on here asking what did i do wrong because they skip a command and aren't in the right directory. i made a post on my site with the steps i do EVERYTIME and i have always had it work.

GO HERE if you are having trouble or need a good reference.

Those steps may work now but they are wrong intro. You are supposed to POP the last patch you applied before you remove/re-import the new one. Your steps remove the patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch. This effects of this are undefined and depend on the exact line modifications from patched files to new patch.

I suggest everyone START with a fresh /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/ directory (from backup or webosdoctor rootfs image). If you have previously installed patches correctly, the FIRST thing you should do (after remounting) is cd / && quilt pop -a. This will put your fliesystem back in the state of UNPATCHED/original files. Then you can remove the patch or re-import it and re-push.

Start fresh and do it right, otherwise you will always have problems now and in the future because patches weren't removed/added correctly in the past.
    This is awesome! It works very well on mine. Palm really should be talking to you about adding this to WebOS.
    How can I make the keyboard go away?
    In addition to clicking in the textbox, I've also noticed that hitting a key on the keyboard hides it as well. Useful if you find you're typing a lot and want to switch to the physical keyboard.
    can anyone please explain to me how to put the attacheed KB files on the pre itself(which tool to use and how), i think i can handle the rest...

no worries.. got it.
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 08/20/2009 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    In addition to clicking in the textbox, I've also noticed that hitting a key on the keyboard hides it as well. Useful if you find you're typing a lot and want to switch to the physical keyboard.
    Any other way of hiding the keyboard besides tapping on another part of the screen?
    is the phone suppose to vibrate when a key is hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    is the phone suppose to vibrate when a key is hit?
    Yea its the haptic feedback feature
    in this pace it will be 1000 times better then when palm will release a virtual keyboard
    Looks great, Im sure I'll be installing it very soon. still afraid of messing things up
    As a non-rooter, I gather that there is something about patches that prevents them from being loaded through Filecoaster and other quick install programs? Thus this will never be able to be loaded without rooting in its current form?
    cat: write error: Broken pipe

whats that mean?

I followed all steps and it says installed but when i click the gesture area while any text field is selected nothing happens...argh