Page 138 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    So is anyone a fan of the meta double tap loading the vkb?

I am thinking about changing it to single tap a text field with slider closed.
    Double tap gives me more control to see and use the VKB only when I want to. I can see two issues:

1. an accidental tap on a text field would take precious seconds off of my life
    2. if I want to copy/paste text from/to a text field

Great idea though. We all like OPTIONS....just wish our service providers would give us more of those!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Eric, the themes now install correctly. Thanks for fixing it so quickly. I can't seem to permanently change the keyboard theme. I thought it would change just by me selecting a new one, but when I open the keyboard again the default theme reappears. Is there a way to change the default other than modifying kb_config.json?
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Double tap gives me more control to see and use the VKB only when I want to. I can see two issues:

1. an accidental tap on a text field would take precious seconds off of my life
    2. if I want to copy/paste text from/to a text field

Great idea though. We all like OPTIONS....just wish our service providers would give us more of those!
    +1 for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Eric, the themes now install correctly. Thanks for fixing it so quickly. I can't seem to permanently change the keyboard theme. I thought it would change just by me selecting a new one, but when I open the keyboard again the default theme reappears. Is there a way to change the default other than modifying kb_config.json?
    Fortunately, I did not install any themes until after it was fixed. I am also experiencing the 'no sticky' theme issue though.
    Last edited by jakelaw; 07/03/2010 at 01:38 AM.
    I'm missing the kb_config.json file. Not sure if I have uninstall then reinstall......
  6.    #2746  
    -6 ready for alpha testing

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    ATTENTION: There's an issue with the update order and dependencies. The VKB Default Theme and Configuration package is a dependency of the VKB now. When you go to update from the old one the Config package gets installed first, and then the VKB package gets removed/installed (as is the process for updates to patches). Well when the VKB gets removed it removes the theme files that the Config package just installed. So the solution is just to uninstall the VKB and VKB Default Themes and Configuration packages. And then re-install and all should be good. Also all the themes from the wiki have been packaged and can be installed via Preware (available packages -> Theme)
    Could you please post a step-by-step list of how to do this? I don't know how to remove the default
    Theme and VKB file.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

8.    #2748  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Could you please post a step-by-step list of how to do this? I don't know how to remove the defult theme and VKB file.
    VKB Default Themes and Configuration is its own package, remove via preware. (Remove VKB patch first)

preware -> installed packages -> Miscellaneous -> VKB Default Themes and Configuration -> remove.

Then reinstall VKB patch (which will make you reinstall the themes and config package)

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    you mean I can only install one theme at a time now ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok no themes work for me . Whats the dealio ? Can some one give me some info here. Your banned for not answering me . !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    VKB Default Themes and Configuration is its own package, remove via preware. (Remove VKB patch first)

preware -> installed packages -> Miscellaneous -> VKB Default Themes and Configuration -> remove.

Then reinstall VKB patch (which will make you reinstall the themes and config package)

Okay now what? I removed the package and then reinstalled the Virtual Keyboard patch, but now I can't get the keyboard to come up at all. The Theme patch is now back on the phone, and I can't remove it without removing the Keyboard Patch altogether.

I'm so lost here; I have no idea how to get this patch working again...

thats what im screammin here lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  13.    #2753  
    Okay now what? I removed the package and then reinstalled the Virtual Keyboard patch, but now I can't get the keyboard to come up at all. The Theme patch is now back on the phone, and I can't remove it without removing the Keyboard Patch altogether.

I'm so lost here; I have no idea how to get this patch working again...
    Remove them both, update feeds, make sure you don't have any testing feed on, install

And shadavis, no one said you can only install one VKB theme.

-Eric G

Donate
    ok but how do i change the themes , there is no obvious way on my keyboard here ? first i will try removing them both then reinstall again , but ive done this once already .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok but how do i change the themes , there is no obvious way on my keyboard here ? first i will try removing them both then reinstall again , but ive done this once already .
    I would also like to know how to change the Themes.

ok there are two keyboards here ?? virtual keyboard and vkb default themes and config. ? which one or do i need both of these ? thanks for the help egaudet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  17.    #2757  
    I would also like to know how to change the Themes.
    Choosing themes hasn't changed for a long long time.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

ok there are two keyboards here ?? virtual keyboard and vkb default themes and config. ? which one or do i need both of these ? thanks for the help egaudet
    There are not 2 keyboards. "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" is exactly what it says. Remove it. And then install the VKB via preware (which will install it for you).

-Eric G

Donate
    Remove them both, update feeds, make sure you don't have any testing feed on, install

And shadavis, no one said you can only install one VKB theme.

I did everything you told me to, but the keyboard is still not loading anymore. I'm just going to call it quits for now and try to fix this later. Thanks for your help though!

Choosing themes hasn't changed for a long long time.

[url= Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals[/url]

There are not 2 keyboards. "VKB Default Themes and Configuration" is exactly what it says. Remove it. And then install the VKB via preware (which will install it for you).

Yeah but with those Themes the Enter keys don't work. I though the updated version of this Patch allowed for a more easy way of setting themes?

20.    #2760  
    Yeah but with those Themes the Enter keys don't work. I though the updated version of this Patch allowed for a more easy way of setting themes?
    I don't understand what you mean? All the enter keys work. I linked you to the wiki because you guys said you didn't know how to choose a theme (which is done via the theme picker key).

If you guys mean how to install a theme, I've stated a few times already in this thread that the themes are all packaged up into preware (under Theme -> Virtual Keyboard).

Any further help you guys need come to IRC. We are just scrolling relevant information off the page. I'll update the wiki tomorrow with all the latest information so people can be directed there.

-Eric G

Donate