Page 137 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3039
  1.    #2721  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I have avoided themes like the plague, given the hassles they can cause during updates. The "default themes and configuration" package doesn't show up as a theme. Does it have to be removed before updates? Is this all AUPT solid?
    They are not AUPT, but they do not touch anything outside of /media/internal so it's safe.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I finally got it thanks to Eric's and bigfire's notes. I know that Eric has wanted to make this change for months and I am glad that he finally go it done. VKB has always been a bit touchy, but the packaging is now more bulletproof. First time installers should not have any trouble installing it. Upgraders, like me, may have to go through a couple of uninstall/install cycles. Knowing that the Configuration package in Misc. needs to be uninstalled is a big help.

Eric great job! I look forward to the next update where you add auto-correct. How do we get haptic feedback back?
    Eric, I downloaded a bunch of themes and tried to apply one like Autumn, but only a flat gray with black letter keyboard appears. None of the new themes seem to work. Fortunately the dark rounded always reappears. What do I need to do to get the themes to work?

I noticed that you must have moved the location for the theme directory. I still have a /media/internal/virtual-keyboard directory with two themes in them. These theme directories were created last year. Should I delete them?
  4.    #2724  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Eric, I downloaded a bunch of themes and tried to apply one like Autumn, but only a flat gray with black letter keyboard appears. None of the new themes seem to work. Fortunately the dark rounded always reappears. What do I need to do to get the themes to work?

I noticed that you must have moved the location for the theme directory. I still have a /media/internal/virtual-keyboard directory with two themes in them. These theme directories were created last year. Should I delete them?
    I haven't moved the theme directory it should still be at /media/internal/vritual-keyboard/.themes

Are you installing the Autumn theme from Preware?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I was able to remove the old VKB and install the new one. I also installed a couple of themes thru Preware. The move keyboard button works.

I can't seem to get the Theme selector button to work.

Does enabling haptic feedback still require manually editing the config file?

EDIT: Just tried removing and than reinstall VKB. No change. It looks like I am missing the config file. Is there a way to separately install it?

EDIT2: With Preware I removed the default config patch, the VKB patch and 2 extra themes again. Did a Luna restart and reinstalled all of them and than a device restart. Now it works!
    Last edited by swieder; 07/02/2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I guess I didn't catch the recent issues being appended to this thread, but at least I wasn't too lonely...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-failing.html
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Yes I am installing Autumn from Preware, but it does not end up in the .themes directory. Neither do any of the other themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Also all the themes from the wiki have been packaged and can be installed via Preware (available packages -> Theme)
    Good deal. Easier for us noobs.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    I tried to find the ipkg.log file in /media/internal and /var/logs but could not. Preware reports that the theme installed correctly but after looking at the ipkg.log in Preware it is clear that the theme did not correctly install. The package downloads or so I believe, but post install fails. The error is
    Code:
    tar: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.vkb-theme-remix-ice/additional_files.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    There is your problem. The path in postinst is incorrect. It should actually be /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.themes.vkb-theme-remix-ice. Hopefully you can quickly make these changes and rebuild the packages.
    how do i install a theme? i downloaded a few from preware but couldnt select them from the theme button of the vkb like i could in the old version, so i thought maybe i could only do one theme at a time and deleted all of them but one. Still no luck. how do i do?
    Hey guys,

Remember to hit the Thanks button on egaudet's posts and also consider donating to support continued development and help from egaudet in this thread.

You can donate to egaudet by clicking here:
    Last edited by errade; 07/02/2010 at 01:45 PM.
  12.    #2732  
    Yes I am installing Autumn from Preware, but it does not end up in the .themes directory. Neither do any of the other themes.
    Seems I messed up the package dirs in the postinst scripts. Should be fixed in 1.1.1 versions of themes, built to feed within next 15 minutes by autobuilder.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Seems I messed up the package dirs in the postinst scripts. Should be fixed in 1.1.1 versions of themes, built to feed within next 15 minutes by autobuilder.
    Cool...I'm here sweating because Preware says successful install, but the logs disagree. I'll go find something to do besides patch my Pre...
    No problem Eric. You may want to check your error checking. The tar command returns an error 2 but the postinst script does not report it back so it looks like the install is a success.
    errade, I know that Eric is doing this work for free in his spare time. I am not *****ing. I am just trying to point out the errors in his theme packages. I know how it is when testing software. Sometimes you miss the easy things or they are hidden because you already have it working properly. I am sure that the latter is true. The theme packages report to Preware that they installed successfully so Eric thought that they were fine. In truth, the postinst script did not report the tar error correctly. Eric simply left out 6 letters in a very long path. I couldn't tell you how many times I have made this same error. Hopefully Eric took it in the constructive manner in which it was meant.
    errade, I know that Eric is doing this work for free in his spare time. I am not *****ing. I am just trying to point out the errors in his theme packages. I know how it is when testing software. Sometimes you miss the easy things or they are hidden because you already have it working properly. I am sure that the latter is true. The theme packages report to Preware that they installed successfully so Eric thought that they were fine. In truth, the postinst script did not report the tar error correctly. Eric simply left out 6 letters in a very long path. I couldn't tell you how many times I have made this same error. Hopefully Eric took it in the constructive manner in which it was meant.
    Hey mate, I certainly wasn't directing my post at any individual - your post just happened to be above mine No hard feelings - error reporting and debugging is of course important. Sorry if it seemed like I attacked you personally!
    No problem errade. None taken.
    vkb works better with 1ghz kernel, though I can't backspace in browser
  19.    #2739  
    So is anyone a fan of the meta double tap loading the vkb?

I am thinking about changing it to single tap a text field with slider closed.

-Eric G

Donate
    Single tap in text field with slider closed would definitely be my preferred method - great idea