Page 135 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3039
  1. #2681  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    If this new version is a work in progress, please don't add it to the Preware feed until you are ready to release it. Either release the patch in this forum or in the testing feed.
    I suspect you have the testing feed loaded, and are experiencing normality for an alpha tester

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #2682  
    Okay, Rod you are right. I webos-internals/testing is loaded. I didn't think they were since I don't see your UK updates in Preware. That is why I have the testing version of VKB. My comments are still valid although my expectations for a working VKB are now lowered. Are the UK updates in another feed then?

    Mark
  3. #2683  
    I went to install this today and my comp crashed on me before the patch finished now i cant seem to get it uninstalled because any time i try and install it again i get an error saying reversed or previously applied patch detected i have run the EPR and luna restarts and no luck any ideas?
  4. #2684  
    TESTING FEED VKB - though it looks plain-jane, I gotta say that the input on the alpha-test of the VKB seemed much more precise; accuracy improved dramatically. For me, that raises the functionality (and the likelihood that I won't be sliding open the physical keyboard all the time).

    Great work, Eric!
  5. #2685  
    I got this blank theme as well. And I actually like this more than any other theme. It seems faster and more accurate touch wise.
  6. #2686  
    I'm not a fan of on screen keyboards but considering this phone doesn't have one without installing the home brewed app don't you think we could make this alot better then what would come with the phone? I saw a video of and android os phone that had a keyboard that anticipated your next letter and made thos keys larger. Just a thought and would deffenly make others like myself reconsider the onscreen key boards.
  7. #2687  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Okay, Rod you are right. I webos-internals/testing is loaded. I didn't think they were since I don't see your UK updates in Preware. That is why I have the testing version of VKB. My comments are still valid although my expectations for a working VKB are now lowered. Are the UK updates in another feed then?

    Mark
    There is a separate testing feed for kernels.
  8.    #2688  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdmills View Post
    I'm not a fan of on screen keyboards but considering this phone doesn't have one without installing the home brewed app don't you think we could make this alot better then what would come with the phone? I saw a video of and android os phone that had a keyboard that anticipated your next letter and made thos keys larger. Just a thought and would deffenly make others like myself reconsider the onscreen key boards.
    I would expect if/when Palm decided to introduce a VKB that it would far surpass anything I have come up with.

    Although, I do have some "major" plans for the VKB that are in the works. While I don't always respond in this thread, I do try to read all the comments and take user requests, comments and ideas seriously (so keep them coming!). It is all coming along slowly, but coming along none the less.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  9. Keldog's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #2689  
    Wow.. just installed this the other day.. my initial reaction: Where have you been all my life, VKB??? Great app.. thank you.
  10. #2690  
    So I just installed this through Preware, but it hangs at the screen that says "Downloading / Installing SUCCESS"

    I have no idea why it's doing that. I even restarted the phone, removed the VKB, installed latest version of Preware patch, and redid everything, and yet same message appears.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

    Edit: Scratch what I said above. After a few attempts and on my last attempt (while waiting, I posted this post) I got it to work.
    Last edited by jas0n; 06/26/2010 at 11:28 PM.
  11. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #2691  
    I am having trouble installing 1.4.1-2

    everything seems to install fine, but after a Luna restart, Preware still shows 1.4.1-1 installed
  12. cgibin's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #2692  
    I'm not a programmer or anything but was wondering if this could potentially make the VKB way more precise...

    When I use the VKB to type, it seems as if I'm tapping too quickly on each letter for it to register some of them. On top of that, button releases seem to lag a little too much for the software to catch up with a hit that comes directly after it. I've sat down and done numerous tests and they've all come out the same.

    If you could only make it necessary for light, quick taps to register as a hit and for releases to be instantly registered, this would be an incredible homebrew breakthrough.
  13. #2693  
    the only problem that I'm running into is the delete button doesn't work when typing in the browser. Other than this it is working much better from the last time I tested it sometime last year.
  14. #2694  
    I actually did not like the testing version and uninstalled it. I could not get the hepatic feedback to work (I like the old mini vibration) and did not like the lack of theme choice. I am testing the F105 Kernel and with that kernel overclocked to 1gig, the old version of the VKB works awesome!!
  15. cgibin's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #2695  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    the only problem that I'm running into is the delete button doesn't work when typing in the browser. Other than this it is working much better from the last time I tested it sometime last year.
    That has always been an issue since Day 1; it's not a new issue regarding the beta.
  16.    #2696  
    Versions -4 just pushed to autobuilder is simply to separate the patch from the theme/config. This will allow quicker installs and easier updates in the future. All the themes from the wiki have been packaged into webos-internals feed as well.

    If after the update the VKB isn't rendering, try to remove the patch and the VKB Default themes and config patch, update the feeds and then reinstall.

    And the backspace issue, and autocomplete... is very close.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  17. #2697  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

    If after the update the VKB isn't rendering, try to remove the patch and the VKB Default themes and config patch, update the feeds and then reinstall.
    Is there a special way to do this? My VKB is not popping up after update.
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  18. #2698  
    Just installed the new update from preware, now the VKB will not work....well i guess what they say is true,"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....bummer
  19.    #2699  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Is there a special way to do this? My VKB is not popping up after update.
    Just update feeds, remove and re-install.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  20. #2700  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Versions -4 just pushed to autobuilder is simply to separate the patch from the theme/config. This will allow quicker installs and easier updates in the future. All the themes from the wiki have been packaged into webos-internals feed as well.

    If after the update the VKB isn't rendering, try to remove the patch and the VKB Default themes and config patch, update the feeds and then reinstall.

    And the backspace issue, and autocomplete... is very close.
    AWESOME!! Most importantly, the autocomplete. I'm going to give the testing version a try again.

Posting Permissions