Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3039
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I just downloaded the v-keyboard and I love it. Where was I these last months without preware? Anyway I noticed that if I mispell a word in the browser, I try to erase the letter but it won't work and it will not do anything. Is the developer working on this right now to get it fixed?
    Click here for known issues

The first post in this thread has a link to all sorts of useful information...
    un_designer's VKB theme inverted.

Unzip the file and put the folder, via-USB in:

/media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes

Once this is complete open WebOS Quick Install, select TOOLS.
    Then TWEAKS.
    Select VIRTUAL-KEYBOARD CONFIG.
    Then click the THEME drop-down area and select OTHER.
    It will ask you to input the name of the theme.
    Type "LPC_White_Rounded_2e"
    Enjoy.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rdethree; 05/04/2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added Picture.
    I guess there's one thing we can be sure of - if Palm and HP intend to make a tablet then we will see an official virtual keyboard on WebOS soon.
    as far as I know, vkb never worked on the web browser in terms of backspacing
    can any body put up the link to the download because I'm getting really frustraded that I can't find it
    thanks....
    I'm not sure this is the correct thread, if not, please direct me.

I noticed there was an update to the Virtual Keyboard today (Web May 5th) and I'm having trouble installing it.

It seems it's now split into two parts, the keyboard patch and the keyboard themes and files.

I can get the keyboard themes and files to install OK but I can't seem to get the patch installed now, without getting errors.

Is anyone else having these issues, and if they are, is it being looked into?

I'm using the latest version of Preware and WebOSQI.

As you will see from my signature, I'm on a Pre with Sprint using 1.4.1.1.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I also updated to the new keyboard (in description it says not compatible with webos 1.4.2, huh???)

I got an IPKG error, phone restarted on own. Now i no longer have the old virtual keyboard (uninstalled on its own?).

Try to re-install and i get an IPKG error.

So now i am without any keyboard, very strange. Can we get the newest update pulled so that the one that actually works is available? Thanks!
    i dont c any update for the vk today
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont c any update for the vk today
    I stand corrected. I had enabled a feed that shouldn't have been ON. I am deleting/correcting my previous post.
    The working version (1.4.1-1) is still available via WebOS Quick Install. You'll have to uninstall all related VKB patches for it to show up. I uninstalled via WebOS Quick Install, then used Internalz to delete the virtual-keyboard folder on /media/internal/, then reinstalled 1.4.1-1 via WebOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/05/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I tried to update the Virtual Keyboard too and got the IPKG Error too!
    Install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard (1.4.2-0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.2-0_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard:
    Collected errors:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation

This is what I get when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard. I already installed the other patch or whatever first and this one won't install... Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard (1.4.2-0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.2-0_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard:
    Collected errors:
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation

This is what I get when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard. I already installed the other patch or whatever first and this one won't install... Hmm...
    I did the same thing. You need to disable the testing feed where this comes from. The correct version number remains 1.4.1.1 for the virtual keyboard. Then re-install 1.4.1.1. When i did this the installing screen never went away, after 10 mins i closed Preware and restarted. Virtual keyboard was back to working after the restart.

I believe they released this 1.4.2 virtual keyboard as a placeholder if/when webOS is updated. Hence why it does not work.
    Thanks that worked for me!
    Seems this was a good (unintentional) test of who reads descriptions and changelogs before installing package updates, and who is using the testing feed without realising that they are bleeding-edge alpha testers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    un_designer's VKB theme inverted.

Unzip the file and put the folder, via-USB in:

/media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes

Once this is complete open WebOS Quick Install, select TOOLS.
    Then TWEAKS.
    Select VIRTUAL-KEYBOARD CONFIG.
    Then click the THEME drop-down area and select OTHER.
    It will ask you to input the name of the theme.
    Type "LPC_White_Rounded_2e"
    Enjoy.

Sweet I love the look. Great little how to also. Thanks!
    Hello, I had a problem with instalation as well. Last night I was about to try it out de Keyboard but when find on preware and begin inst. . got stuck at file ........./w.png (I supposed it was the picture of the letter W the problem). I waited for 10 - 15 min and nothing. Closed Preware, Restart and everything was pretty CRAZY....

No way to keep tha cards still, really crazy responsess and no way to get the keyboard to show up.

Unistalled, restart and try all over again. Again! crazyness!!! jaja

Any sugestions!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    Hello, I had a problem with instalation as well. Last night I was about to try it out de Keyboard but when find on preware and begin inst. . got stuck at file ........./w.png (I supposed it was the picture of the letter W the problem). I waited for 10 - 15 min and nothing. Closed Preware, Restart and everything was pretty CRAZY....

No way to keep tha cards still, really crazy responsess and no way to get the keyboard to show up.

Unistalled, restart and try all over again. Again! crazyness!!! jaja

Any sugestions!?
    Mine is doing the exact same thing. 1.4.1-1. It's not acting all sloppy or anything, it just doesn't finish the download. It just sits on /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/remix_glossy/w.png.. Doesn't matter how long I leave it there.
    im having a issue installing the keyboard, my phone downloads and installs up to the file /media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/remix_glossy/w.png anybody have any ideas? ^like they said^
    Last edited by Brodus13; 05/16/2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: noticed a same post
    I had the same problem when trying to intall this through Preware.

To install this, I just used WOSQI and it worked. Not sure why the Preware version is hanging up.
    So i think this topic has been long forgotten... but just to bring it up again, and also because i desperately wish for it, how likely is it that there will be a multi-language interface for the onscreen keyboard? i mean.. any form of multi-language support would be awesome. i really would like to be able to type in japanese and korean! i know these languages are nearly impossible on the hardware keyboard. so my only hope is the onscreen keyboard!

please anyone?
    and i really hope this question doesn't go unanswered... or alteast not completely ignored!!!