Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3039
    Thanks jokerzwyld77, I guess that is sort of what I was looking for, some kind of explanation. I figured it had to more than a mere bug, since it's obviously been this way since the beginning.

I guess I'll have to admit the VKB isn't exactly useless this way, just a big disappointment. It will still be of great use for many things... once I accept that the VKB isn't for the web browser, I'll surely get over it.

Here's to hoping Palm decides to add a full-function VKB to the next major WebOS release.
    Text formatting like the real keyboard would be nice. Capitals after periods, maybe a double space to make a period, etc
    I have this keyboard and think it's pretty decent, but without sound-clicks, I don't even bother using it. I see that there is a sound file in one of the folders, but when I use the keyboard I get nothing. I have a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon and updated. If anybody could help me I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: Figured it out.
    Last edited by LifeSux; 04/13/2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    That's understandable. I will watch with interest until 1) I become braver or 2) non-rooting functionality is a possibility.
    what does 'rooting' mean? - the new kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainyjhawk View Post
    "Rooting" as it's come to be called incorrectly is opening a linux commandline for the pre and is completely unnecessary for most of the homebrews and patches
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html go here to find out all the stuff you need to know
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainyjhawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    "Rooting" as it's come to be called incorrectly is opening a linux commandline for the pre and is completely unnecessary for most of the homebrews and patches
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html go here to find out all the stuff you need to know
    @Lainyjhawk Keep in mind that rooting is no longer needed to use the virtual keyboard. You can install it after installing PreWare or WebOS Quick Install on your device.

Rooting was originally necessary to install the keyboard. My question that you quoted was from the early days of the keyboard, waaaay back in 2009.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Thanks - I guess I don't really "need" to know what rooting is...
    I will have to say that I had to install/uninstall/reinstall the vk about 5 or 6 times to get it to actually work and it still only works sometimes
    I'm hanging in there though... one day at a time right?
    Thanks for your help, both of you!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Alright, don't flame me too bad. New to Palm, and this thread is 131 pages. I have installed several patches and they all seem to work fine. I installed the VKB patch, rebooted, running 1.4. When I am in a text field(Email), and I double tap the gesture area, the app just minimizes to the background. I can not bring up the keyboard.

Am I missing something? Is there something more involved I need to do to install the VKB?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnidiffer View Post
    Alright, don't flame me too bad. New to Palm, and this thread is 131 pages. I have installed several patches and they all seem to work fine. I installed the VKB patch, rebooted, running 1.4. When I am in a text field(Email), and I double tap the gesture area, the app just minimizes to the background. I can not bring up the keyboard.

Am I missing something? Is there something more involved I need to do to install the VKB?
    Nevermind, I was doing it wrong......
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    so I'm on 1.4.1 - when I double tap my gesture area it loads what use to be the virutal keyboard but it's all grey and very basic looking...

there isn't a "enter key" only a ? and some other keys are replaced with <>>><<<

I tried to run the cleanup vkbs file and reinstall but can't locate in preware...
    I also booted into USB mode and removed the virtual-keyboard DIR

any suggestions?
    I have the same problem. I reinstalled through preware but still grey and blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    I have the same problem. I reinstalled through preware but still grey and blah.
    try WebOs doctor...
    Hey, has anyone worked on a dvorak theme? as a dvorak typist, it would be nice to have that layout available on my pre too...

I've been looking at this and think I might be able to do it, but would like some assistance: Virtual Keyboard Configuration - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I was using this in Calendar the other day and the space bar was not working.
    I've installed the virtual keyboard in the mojo section of patches a few times, but this last time I doctored my phone it's not there, only a "dummy" version that doesn't install...anyone know how I could get the working version?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Virtual keyboard has stopped working since the Verizon 1.4.1.1 update. I (perhaps stupidly) uninstalled, thinking a reinstall would fix it. When I try to reinstall through preware, I get a Patch "Error Installing: See IPKG Log".

The log says "Failed. ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure."

The unreadable off screen part says there was an ipkg_download: Error: Command fail with a server returned error that begins HTTP:
    I actually have a couple issues. Firstly in some apps the keyboard space bar doesn't work and in the rest the backspace key doesn't work. I use palm web os 1.4.1 & the lasest version of virtal keyboard. Anyone else with this issue? Any fixes? Thanks. Other then that love the app.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlepore View Post
    Anyone else with this issue? Any fixes?
    Yes. No.

This has been discussed many times. Unfortunately, the way the browser works, backspace will not work. And there's no fix or hack found (yet).

Backspace should work in most other apps (such as e-mail).

Space should work, but causes problem in a few apps (memo, for example).
    Thanks for the clarification. Looks and works great otherwise. Hopefully a
    fix can be found in the future.
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but the VK's in gameloft games seem a lot less buggy, any way they could be implemented?
    I just downloaded the v-keyboard and I love it. Where was I these last months without preware? Anyway I noticed that if I mispell a word in the browser, I try to erase the letter but it won't work and it will not do anything. Is the developer working on this right now to get it fixed?