Page 130 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Little dot? What little dot?

Once installed, you need to be in a text entry field. Then, double tap the gesture area (it's the area below the screen) or single tap with both fingers. On the Pre Plus, there is a hard button to guide you in terms of "both sides," so double-tap might be easier.
    >< i feel stupid, I was not doing this in the gesture area. thank you so much for the help!

also, is there a guide on itunes sync with new versions of itunes? i havent been able to find anything.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csabo2 View Post
    >< i feel stupid, I was not doing this in the gesture area. thank you so much for the help!

also, is there a guide on itunes sync with new versions of itunes? i havent been able to find anything.
    This isn't the right forum to ask the question. But itunes sync is broken and I would recommend MediaMonkey (free). There is a very nice guide for syncing with MM in the forums.
    i get absolutely no lag now with the virtual keyboard with the 800mhz patch...wut a freaking difference it makes!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Why on google or other text boxes, the backspace does not work? Drives me nutz?
    was using space bar in memo ever fixed? I thought it was but I can't get it to work. Only change on my end is 800MHz patch.
    A similar query has been posted, but I can't find a reply. I am using WebOS Quick Install, but since the update to 1.4.0, I can't do anything. Essentially it seems that updating the on-screen keyboard to WebOS 1.4.0-compatability fails and I can't get any further. The CLEANUP VKB isn't available any more since "the USB files will be cleaned up as a part of the installation now." according to egaudet (the developer). However WOS QI won't allow me install the new version of VKB so I seem to be stuck.

When I either try (in WOS QI) to uninstall VKB (through the menu Tools - Device Manager) or try to install a new tweak (through the menu Tools - Tweak), the uninstall fails with a (very long) error message starting:
    "ERROR: An error occcured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh" Some text "leading up to this error" is given, and then a bit later
    "14 out of 14 hunks ignored" with the next 3 lines, patching three different files, repeating again and again past the bottom ot the screen. (Windows XP professional).

I would appreciate some help on this. In anticipation - Thanks,

Leslie Daly
    (a Palm user since the orignal Pilot)
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    Why on google or other text boxes, the backspace does not work? Drives me nutz?
    Wondering the same thing. Is there any fix in site for this? I really hope so, it's the only issue I think that stops the VKB from being an absolute beast.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the VKB prior to the upgrade and I do not see it in Preware under Patches like it was prior to the upgrade. Just wondering if it has been taken down for a while to make sure it is compatible. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    I uninstalled the VKB prior to the upgrade and I do not see it in Preware under Patches like it was prior to the upgrade. Just wondering if it has been taken down for a while to make sure it is compatible. Thanks in advance.
    Same here. It used to be under Patches->Mojo IIRC. I just updated to 1.4.1 and I now can't find it...
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post

I'm having the same problem too. I thought it was only me. Hopefully we get this figured out soon.
    The virtual keyboard has not been updated for 1.4.1 yet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    there are also a few other patches that have not been updated like hide nascar and amazon apps, enable landscape messaging, and full im status. Do you know when these along with the virtual keyboard will be updated?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    in the future should I remove the keyboard before updating? I didnt think of it as a patch per se but like a hidden app?
    For the record, I haven't upgraded to 1.4.1.1 yet. I've got so many patches installed, and very few problems and bugs. I figured it would be best to wait until some of those patches are updated to be compatible with 1.4.1.1.

But I just wanted to say, I downloaded and installed the VKB yesterday... MAN! This has gotta be one of the best patches to grace my phone! You don't know how tired I was of going to the phone app, then having to open up the slider, just to type up someone's name so I could dial them. Now, I can just use the VKB! This patch combined with the landscape messaging patch is the best! I even texted my girlfriend (she uses a Samsung Moment that I bought her) just to tell her about it! Keep up the good work!

I'm in the process of moving out of the parent's home, so I'm kind of tight with my money, but rest assured, you WILL be getting a donation for this! Many thanks!
    Is it not possible to adjust the card when the keyboard is on the screen? I've noticed that when using the VKB, it covers about 1/2 the screen and the card behind it does not adjust for this so you cannot see 1/2 of the screen. I also haven't figured out a way to close the VKB inside an app once I am finished using it. I have to swipe the card in order to disable the VKB.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    To close the VKB, you tap once at the ssme place you tap twice to bring it up. There is a slight delay so have some patience with it. The card should move behind it, if it isn't, I would try unistalling, restarting, and then reinstalling it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Was wondering if it was possible for future versions of the VKB to have the option to slide-to-type like ShapeWriter or SWYPE.
    so I'm on 1.4.1 - when I double tap my gesture area it loads what use to be the virutal keyboard but it's all grey and very basic looking...

there isn't a "enter key" only a ? and some other keys are replaced with <>>><<<

I tried to run the cleanup vkbs file and reinstall but can't locate in preware...
    I also booted into USB mode and removed the virtual-keyboard DIR

any suggestions?
    Why doesn't the backspace key work in some places? I've searched this thread and see others have commented on this for the past 6 months. The virtual keyboard is almost useless if I have to open the physical keyboard when I make a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Why doesn't the backspace key work in some places? I've searched this thread and see others have commented on this for the past 6 months. The virtual keyboard is almost useless if I have to open the physical keyboard when I make a mistake.
    From what I understand with it, the backspace does not work for the internet due to the way the OS is programmed, it would take a massive effort to recode everything to just make the backspace work...so thats not gonna happen. (that may not be 100% correct since I know nothing about programming but I read something like that a while ago when the keyboard first came out.)

There might be other places that this is similar, but take it for what it is I guess. Its free and it works pretty well for what I use it for, which is mostly messaging. I do not bother with it for the internet for the backspace reason either. Hope this helps.