Page 129 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3039
    If you mean find the VKB folder on the pre in USB mode it is not there. Is that what you meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    That's a lot of patches! The more patches your phone has, the more lag there can be when you Restart your phone. Since the Pre Plus is suppose to be faster; does it load fast with all of those patches?
    There is no direct relationship between number of patches and phone boot time.

One particular patch or another may do things at start up, but the large majority of patches have absolutely no effect on startup time (or device speed or response time in general).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    so no help from palm to iron out the bugs in VK? Like the backspace in browser and sometimes getting stuck. Any developers out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no direct relationship between number of patches and phone boot time.

One particular patch or another may do things at start up, but the large majority of patches have absolutely no effect on startup time (or device speed or response time in general).

-- Rod
    You would know better then I would, but with no patches installed, my Pre takes about 3 minutes to reset. With patches it's over 5 minutes. And with a Theme installed as well, up to 10 minutes. When I first downloaded Preware I put pretty much every patch on my phone and it took forever to load. And if I removed the battery; that made the Reset lag time even worse. Removing the battery has always caused the phone to lag; for the first time after the Reset.
    So I don't really understand it myself.
    is it me? my double taps to launch keyboard only get the car to bounce smaller then larger. rarely, the keyboard will pop up, but immediately disappear.
    is it me? my double taps to launch keyboard only get the car to bounce smaller then larger. rarely, the keyboard will pop up, but immediately disappear.
    don't know if it is the same problem. pre-plus. everything tells you to use two fingers by silver button. the best way to render the keyboard is to use 2 fingers in gesture area on both sides of led light or double tap either side of the light. i think you are probably tapping in the middle and minimizing the card.
    Sorry not patches, total installs is 60 ish. I have currently 16 patches.
    Hey,

I was just wondering what’s next for the virtual keyboard? I love it and am grateful for all the hard work done to bring it at the level it’s at now.

Secondly, there is a virtual keyboard in the app catalogue.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...atalog/wog-osk

They updated it today so that it works on apps as well instead of working on just its native format – like on the messenger, email, etc. And when it opens in these apps, the screen shifts up so that the keyboard doesn’t hide the text box. The problem is that it can’t to backspace or auto correct, it’s not really that responsive and it can’t do landscape when using the apps.

My question is can the WebOS Internals keyboard be modified so that it automatically shifts the text box up? Is that something that’s being worked on? And how did these guys make it possible?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonanzabucks View Post
    Hey,

I was just wondering what’s next for the virtual keyboard? I love it and am grateful for all the hard work done to bring it at the level it’s at now.
    My question is can the WebOS Internals keyboard be modified so that it automatically shifts the text box up? Is that something that’s being worked on? And how did these guys make it possible?

Thanks!
    I would also really love this feature. With the Qwerty Hardware keyboard; some letters and the beginning of sentences are automatically capitalized. Well, it's not the Hardware, but the OS that does it. So maybe the Virtual-Keyboard patch can take advantage of this as well. It's not the biggest deal, but it would be nice.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

10.    #2570  
    Hey,

I was just wondering whatís next for the virtual keyboard? I love it and am grateful for all the hard work done to bring it at the level itís at now.

Secondly, there is a virtual keyboard in the app catalogue.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...atalog/wog-osk

They updated it today so that it works on apps as well instead of working on just its native format Ė like on the messenger, email, etc. And when it opens in these apps, the screen shifts up so that the keyboard doesnít hide the text box. The problem is that it canít to backspace or auto correct, itís not really that responsive and it canít do landscape when using the apps.

My question is can the WebOS Internals keyboard be modified so that it automatically shifts the text box up? Is that something thatís being worked on? And how did these guys make it possible?

Thanks!
    Putting the keyboard in the notification area was one of my original goals, but up until 1.4 they didn't have notifications in landscape mode. There's still a whole lot I plan to do with the keyboard I just haven't had a lot of time recently to devote to it. As soon as I get free time, I'll be working on it again.

As for this app in the catalog, when you say it works for all apps does it display the text in the apps' textfield as you type?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Putting the keyboard in the notification area was one of my original goals, but up until 1.4 they didn't have notifications in landscape mode. There's still a whole lot I plan to do with the keyboard I just haven't had a lot of time recently to devote to it. As soon as I get free time, I'll be working on it again.

As for this app in the catalog, when you say it works for all apps does it display the text in the apps' textfield as you type?

Yes, it does.
  12.    #2572  
    Yes, it does.
    Awesome, I haven't looked at the framework a lot in the last couple patches. But if that's now doable I can probably get the keyboard out of patch-world

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Only problem I am having is that when I close it, sometimes it just re opens on it's own.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Bonanzabuck - That keyboard that you linked to up there is not a VK as the VKB patch is at all.
    It is a full-fledged app, which is designed with the keyboard below a text-box. Text you enter there can automatically be pushed into a browser, map, txt, etc... The VKB patch is completely different by being overlaid on top of any application that allows for text entry using a mod built on top of WebOS's symbol-popup-box.

Egaudet - this is an awesome patch. I would LOVE to see more enhancements on it, and if it can be placed in the notification area - that would obviously be a welcomed change that will add to the usability.
    I would really love to see a feature that allows for international keyboards as well - maybe an extra button to switch between available layouts (I have to use this example - but - like on the iPhone)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohadios View Post
    Bonanzabuck - That keyboard that you linked to up there is not a VK as the VKB patch is at all.
    It is a full-fledged app, which is designed with the keyboard below a text-box. Text you enter there can automatically be pushed into a browser, map, txt, etc... The VKB patch is completely different by being overlaid on top of any application that allows for text entry using a mod built on top of WebOS's symbol-popup-box.
    I don't know about coding or programming or what not. I do have that paid app, though, and what I was saying is that you can open an app, like the SMS text messaging, and use that virtual keyboard app to type directly into it. I don't know how to do copy and paste to show the picture from my phone display, but if you find the app in the app catalogue, you will see there is an image that shows the paid app typing something into the text box of the SMS app. Whether or not the text is ďpushedĒ, I have no idea, but it can type directly into the SMS and other native app text entry boxes and pushes the text entry box up. All I was wondering if any modifications make this possible with the WebOS keyboard because itís much better than the paid app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohadios View Post

Egaudet - this is an awesome patch. I would LOVE to see more enhancements on it, and if it can be placed in the notification area - that would obviously be a welcomed change that will add to the usability.
    I would really love to see a feature that allows for international keyboards as well - maybe an extra button to switch between available layouts (I have to use this example - but - like on the iPhone)?
    That's what it used to do - now it types directly into other apps.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    I would love the virtual keyboard to come up the dashboard...that would be awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I would love the virtual keyboard to come up the dashboard...that would be awesome

Agreed. Egaudet does it appear you'll be submitting the VKB to the app catalog?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Hello,
    So I installed this patch using preware. And i do not get that little dot displayed in email, or SMS client. Also double tap does not bring up the keyboard, i tried a full reboot. HALP!

Verizon Palm Pre Plus WebOS 1.4.0

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csabo2 View Post
    Hello,
    So I installed this patch using preware. And i do not get that little dot displayed in email, or SMS client. Also double tap does not bring up the keyboard, i tried a full reboot. HALP!

Verizon Palm Pre Plus WebOS 1.4.0

Thanks!
    Little dot? What little dot?

Once installed, you need to be in a text entry field. Then, double tap the gesture area (it's the area below the screen) or single tap with both fingers. On the Pre Plus, there is a hard button to guide you in terms of "both sides," so double-tap might be easier.