Page 128 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3039
    does it work on Pre Plus?
    I have installed and with no amount of tapping does key board show up
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    does it work on Pre Plus?
    I have installed and with no amount of tapping does key board show up
    I have't been using this keyboad long, but I know that it can take a few seconds to load, and that you have to be in some app like the browser; where you have the cursor set to write in a text-entry field. Your Pre Plus should do at least most of the things are Sprint Pre should do, but Verizon does lock-out different things. Just try using the keyboad right when you open the browser default page and see what happens.
    Does anyone have a link to a manual way to uninstall the VKB? My upgrade to 1.4 worked for everything but VKB and the patch that gives reset options on the power button. Every time I try to uninstall I get a lot of error messages about missing files for the patch diff.
    have you tried it the phone app? I want to be able to get contact name without sliding main key board
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a manual way to uninstall the VKB? My upgrade to 1.4 worked for everything but VKB and the patch that gives reset options on the power button. Every time I try to uninstall I get a lot of error messages about missing files for the patch diff.
    I think the Wiki for this patch might have a download link. Quick Install can also install it from the Tweaks menu.

I still can't believe how well this patch works! It makes surfing the web in Land-Scape mode so much better. The developer of this patch is a Genius! I don't even know if Palm could build a better Virtual Keyboard, and that is most likely why they haven't added one to any of their updates. I hope people are donating though. We need developers like him to keep helping us get the most out of our phones.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/05/2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
    Is this still in Preware? If so I can seem to find it.
    No luck for me neither
    Is there an easy way to design its own VK? I am looking for different letters

a) German - ,,
    b) Russian - й,ц,у,...

Is there any description/instruction how to do it? I am not a programmer, but think I can adopt fast if the framework is clear.

Thanks
  8. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    up until the new OS version, I was getting install errors when trying to put in the VK patch...I had installed it before, but then the previous OS version wouldn't allow it to load...it is so great to have it back again!!!!
    a T9 option would be very nice for the VKB
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    have you tried it the phone app? I want to be able to get contact name without sliding main key board
    It does work in the phone app
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To all Verizon users, for some reason to activate VK I need to tap on the right side of the "light launcher" . If I tap on or on the left of the thing nothing happens...
    This app make my Pre dead... can't do webOS doctor anymore.. it always failed to finish flash rom!
    Anybody else got a dead space bar in Memos using VKB under 1.4?
    Yes. I, too, had the dead spacebar newly installed on 1.4. Removed the VKB installation. Soft keyboard was low priority for me, so didn't expend any effort in solving the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Anybody else got a dead space bar in Memos using VKB under 1.4?
    I'm getting the dead space bar too.
    Verizon Pre Plus, 1.4. works flawlessly. Have about 60 patches installed too. Nice patch. Although, I installed it more as a curiosity. Everyone who seems so uptight about the VKB, should get a different phone. The design is not optimal at all for a VKB and the real keyboard, is not that inconvienient to use. I know, landscape blah blah, but again, this phone was designed to work in Portrait mode. Great form factor for what it is. If you try and make it something it isn't, it will always be a source of frustration to you.
    Excellent Job!!

Alot of users expect alot. Ignore them. Do what you can. It sure has made the phone more enjoyable, just the way it is.

Thanks,
    Terry
    I hate to ask this question as it has been asked a lot but how do I get rid of the ipgk log file error every time I try to install VKB via preware? I had no problem installing it prior webOS1.4, I forgot to uninstall my patches before updating to webOS1.4 so it would not work afterwards. I uninstalled VKB and now I can't get VKB to install without a ipgk log error. It is does not show up on my pre when it is connected via USB but something says it did not uninstall completely. I even performed a hard reset on my pre and even after that I still get a ipgk log file error when trying to install VKB. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent hours researching how to fix this problem and everything I have tried simply does not work. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbpeak View Post
    I hate to ask this question as it has been asked a lot but how do I get rid of the ipgk log file error every time I try to install VKB via preware? I had no problem installing it prior webOS1.4, I forgot to uninstall my patches before updating to webOS1.4 so it would not work afterwards. I uninstalled VKB and now I can't get VKB to install without a ipgk log error. It is does not show up on my pre when it is connected via USB but something says it did not uninstall completely. I even performed a hard reset on my pre and even after that I still get a ipgk log file error when trying to install VKB. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent hours researching how to fix this problem and everything I have tried simply does not work. Thanks
    you have to delete the vkb file from the pre in usb mode please do a search next time been mentioned literally 100's of times
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusBlock View Post
    Verizon Pre Plus, 1.4. works flawlessly. Have about 60 patches installed too.
    That's a lot of patches! The more patches your phone has, the more lag there can be when you Restart your phone. Since the Pre Plus is suppose to be faster; does it load fast with all of those patches?