Page 127 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3039
  1.    #2521  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwisdom1976 View Post
    I'm getting this error message and still haven't gotten this patch to work. How do I fix this so that I can attempt to re-install it?

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume-R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    Install CLEANUP VKB package.
    Uninstall any other patches you may have installed in the "mojo" category.
    Use Repair Utility to repair the 2 files that the error complains about with that -R message. (palmInitFramework200_72.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Install CLEANUP VKB package.
    Uninstall any other patches you may have installed in the "mojo" category.
    Use Repair Utility to repair the 2 files that the error complains about with that -R message. (palmInitFramework200_72.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$)
    I did the CLEANUP VKB and still nothing. Where is the repair utility?
    Hallo Eric,

i'm from germany, my problem with the virtual keyboard is, the space key doesn't work in the memo app.

Many thank's from germany, for help!
    Not sure if it was pulled or not? I ran the "cleanup vkb" file then went to install again and it's nowhere to be found... checked in Patches/Mojo nothing there..

Mike
    UPDATE: Nevermind, I reinstalled everything from scratch and it's working great again...

I've noticed my virtual keyboard doesnt seem to work properly now.

I can get it to pull up, but I can't get it to go away (doubletap pulls up the keyboard, but then it's permanently a part of my screen, singletap doesnt get rid of it). Am I missing something or am I needing to completely reinstall this thing?
    Last edited by ncinerate; 02/23/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    *****UPDATE: GOT IT WORKING*****

ok, so i seem to not be able to install VKB...

when i use QuickInstall it get this message:

***ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh***

Ive also run the CLEANUP VKB, EVR, WebOSDoctor to try to start from scratch.... and tried to reinstall still NOTHING

when i go thru Preware i get this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slydwayz240; 02/26/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    *****UPDATE: GOT IT WORKING*****

Ran EVR via webos QI...

which said /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so was missing so i restored it...

Then tried to reinstall VKB, i still get error message but Preware shows this, but when i restart it all disappears!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slydwayz240; 02/26/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    hi eric,

keyboard is working well. the only problem I have is that the space key isnt working in memos. the same problem that 'hainzel' has.

Whats wrong?

thanks for help!

chris
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Used to have it on my old Pre. After I got the new Pre and installed the Preware, unfortunately, the "Available Patches" is no longer on my new Pre. Can anyone advise why? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    How difficult would it be to include Hebrew alphabet on the VKB?
    Is it something that would require a LOT of work, or is it simply replacing the mapped keys?

This could be an amazing thing if could be done!!! I hate my iPhone friends showing off their Hebrew keyboard, and using the Hebrew keyboard that's on the app-catalog is obviously not even close in convenience and coolness.
    I would love to have a very brief vibration on the virtual keyboard in the next release. Just do exactly as the Android VKB does. Every key press yields a little vibrational feedback. I love it, and i think many users here would agree.
    you can put haptic on via usb mode or in the tweaks in wsqi
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urce View Post
    I would love to have a very brief vibration on the virtual keyboard in the next release. Just do exactly as the Android VKB does. Every key press yields a little vibrational feedback. I love it, and i think many users here would agree.
    It has LONG done this. However, if you've installed via Preware, you'll need to hook up to your computer (USB mode) and edit a file. I believe (although I'm not positive) that QuickInstall users can do this from within QI.
  14.    #2534  
    This has been ported to 1.4.0 (also fixed undefined bug when changing themes).

CLEANUP VKB files package is no longer needed, the USB files will be cleaned up as a part of the installation now.

At least for now, any additional theme or config changes need to be re-done after installation. e.g. if you enable haptic, sound, change default theme etc...

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Totally odd problem.

When an e-mail arrives, the notification appears as a blank area. When I tap the mini-icon, the notification that comes up is just a blank area.

If I start the e-mail app, I get the new "icon card" and it never goes away.

OK, what does this have to do with VK? Well, this only happens with VK installed. I've uninstalled VK, and the problem goes away. I reinstalled VK, and the problem comes back. I uninstalled again, and the problem goes away.

I know this shouldn't happen due to VK, but (at least for now) it appears that it's doing something that's keeping email notifications and the email app from working correctly. Thoughts?
  16.    #2536  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Totally odd problem.

When an e-mail arrives, the notification appears as a blank area. When I tap the mini-icon, the notification that comes up is just a blank area.

If I start the e-mail app, I get the new "icon card" and it never goes away.

OK, what does this have to do with VK? Well, this only happens with VK installed. I've uninstalled VK, and the problem goes away. I reinstalled VK, and the problem comes back. I uninstalled again, and the problem goes away.

I know this shouldn't happen due to VK, but (at least for now) it appears that it's doing something that's keeping email notifications and the email app from working correctly. Thoughts?
    I am unable to reproduce.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I am unable to reproduce.
    I'm sure you are. I've not seen anyone else report this problem, so I'm suspecting that it's some combination of things. However, before I put VK on my Pre, no problem. And now I've been doing a few hours without it, not a single problem. The only time I had this when the few times mid-day that I put VK on my Pre.
    Eric, a few questions.

I downloaded VKB again to try and I have noticed a few things: Please advise

1. In normal mode, after composing a message the VKB will not go away with the gesture. The only way I can send a message is to go to landscape mode which "minimizes" the VKB in the bottom left and exposes the "send" button.

2. If in normal mode and switching to landscape mode, the VKB is minimized as described above. Is this correct?

3. If trying to text in landscape mode, you cannot tap the message section for emails and get the cursor to allow texting.

Are these issues or "normal'? The same thing was happening before when I tried VKB, so I'm confused.

Please advise or provide a link for the best way to utilize VKB.

Thanks,

Gary
    Is this still in Preware? If so I can seem to find it.
    I haven't been able to install this keyboard until today. I'm very much impressed! I also love thefact that the keyboard has themes!

I just sent a donation. This patch is so good that it deserves a donation! Thanks for posting this for us to use!
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/04/2010 at 08:45 AM.