Page 126 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3039
  1. #2501  
    Anyone else notice space bar not working in memos?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  2. #2502  
    my issues with the VKB are:
    1- it is slow to load
    2- it is slow to switch between portrait and landscape modes
    3- It is almost unusable in the email app because you cannot hide it unless you tap on the original field where you loaded it
    4- in the email app you cannot tap and edit the message body from the VKB
  3. Nesta's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #2503  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Thanks to CLEANUP VKB files, and manually deleting the VBVBVB $folder$ $via$ $USB$ $afterwords$, $my$ $Virtual$ $Keyboard$ $works$ $again$!!!!! $Thought$ $I$ $would$ $never$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $again$.

    In case anyone is wondering;
    1. Using Preware, I first ensured Virtual Keyboard was uninstalled from my list of installed Patches. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    2. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    3. Using Preware, I found and ran CLEANUP VKB Files under Available Other, Linux Application, Utilities. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    4. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    5. In USB mode, I found and deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder from the Pre.
    6. Using Preware, I found and ran Virtual Keyboard under Patches.
    7. It took a LOOOOOOONG time to install, but when it completed, I did a Luna reset and...

    VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!
    I tried this and it still won't install. I do not have a VK folder on my pre when I switch to USB mode

    I've attached the error message I received:
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #2504  
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    I got it to work finally. I had to restore those 2 files AND delete the VKB folder in usb mode. It took a long time in Preware to install, but it finally did. Thanx
    How did you restore the files?
  5. Nesta's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #2505  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Recover those 2 files.

    EPR, RU, Doctor, or command-line are your options.
    Thanks. i restored two files via Doctor and it installed with no problems.
  6. #2506  
    The only issue I just noticed with my VKB... the backspace/delete button <x] isn't working when I use it on the web. I tried removing it and reinstalling it (all through WebOSQI). It works fine in messages though. Think I need to use the CleanUP VBK?

    ps: Sorry if this has been covered already... There are too many pages to go thru..
    Last edited by Stondimaql8; 02/11/2010 at 08:09 PM.
  7.    #2507  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stondimaql8 View Post
    The only issue I just noticed with my VKB... the backspace/delete button <x] isn't working when I use it on the web. I tried removing it and reinstalling it (all through WebOSQI). It works fine in messages though. Think I need to use the CleanUP VBK?

    ps: Sorry if this has been covered already... There are too many pages to go thru..
    There's a link on the first page

    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #2508  
    Eric, I noticed yesterday, that I could pull up the keyboard with no cards open. I used it to type just like the hard keyboard for the 'universal search' and it worked great. Today, it does not work. Was just a bug? If so, it was a great bug and would be a great feature.
  9.    #2509  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Eric, I noticed yesterday, that I could pull up the keyboard with no cards open. I used it to type just like the hard keyboard for the 'universal search' and it worked great. Today, it does not work. Was just a bug? If so, it was a great bug and would be a great feature.
    You must have brought it up in the app launcher, that's the only way to use it for universal search.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  10. #2510  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    You must have brought it up in the app launcher, that's the only way to use it for universal search.
    what are the changes or fixes in the latest version?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11.    #2511  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    what are the changes or fixes in the latest version?
    None, saw a weird issue with the build date and md5sum error when I had updated the other day. Did a new bump just to try to fix any potential build issue.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  12. #2512  
    Thanks, eric, that is exactly what it was. Very cool.
  13. #2513  
    Eric,
    Just an FYI but when pressing the theme selector button the text "undefined" appears. I'm not sure if this is intended or important, considering that in all likelihood people do not use the other themes.
  14. #2514  
    ok so I got my pre back from repair and installed virtual keyboard and my other patches..then there was a update to all the patches so that would be vk 1.3.5-4 and it wouldnt update, i got an error. So i removed vk from the usb drive and ran the clean up vkb files, reset etc and i still get the error when i try to install. Any ideas eric?
  15. #2515  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    ok so I got my pre back from repair and installed virtual keyboard and my other patches..then there was a update to all the patches so that would be vk 1.3.5-4 and it wouldnt update, i got an error. So i removed vk from the usb drive and ran the clean up vkb files, reset etc and i still get the error when i try to install. Any ideas eric?

    Your best bet may be to doctor your pre. This happened to me once, when the AUPT technology first came out. i got an update for the VK and when i installed it, it stopped working, and kept giving me all sorts of IPKG errors when i tried to delete it or re-install it. I tryed everything, with no success. i had to doctor my pre to get it working again. So your best best is to save yourself the aggrevation and doctor your pre. Trust me, in the time it takes you to diagnose the issue, and start doing trial n error, you would have doctored your pre, and gotten all your apps and patches back.


    * next time, i wouldn't hit the install button when i see an update for VK in preware if i were you*
  16.    #2516  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    ok so I got my pre back from repair and installed virtual keyboard and my other patches..then there was a update to all the patches so that would be vk 1.3.5-4 and it wouldnt update, i got an error. So i removed vk from the usb drive and ran the clean up vkb files, reset etc and i still get the error when i try to install. Any ideas eric?
    1.3.5-7 still fail to install?

    Most robust solution is Doctor then run ESE. Another possibility is EPR. Another is uninstall any other patch under the mojo category and then Repair Utility to repair the 2 stock files that the VKB complains about on install.
    Last edited by egaudet; 02/18/2010 at 10:35 AM.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  17.    #2517  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    * next time, i wouldn't hit the install button when i see an update for VK in preware if i were you*
    When problems arise, do not try to go outside of supported methods to try to fix it. This will probably just cause harder to fix problems. (In general, doing things manually is almost never supported). Updating the VKB should not be a problem going forward. If bits and pieces are changed manually or outside of the supported methods, odd situations may arise that require doctor, EPR or RU.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  18. #2518  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    1.3.5-7 still fail to install?

    Most robust solution is Doctor then run ESE. Another possibility is EPR. Another is move any other patch under the mojo category and then Repair Utility to repair the 2 stock files that the VKB complains about on install.
    oooh by the way I have this exact same probalem
  19. #2519  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    1.3.5-7 still fail to install?

    Most robust solution is Doctor then run ESE. Another possibility is EPR. Another is uninstall any other patch under the mojo category and then Repair Utility to repair the 2 stock files that the VKB complains about on install.
    the latest version failed too..so i think i will wait till 1.4 and then doctor
  20. #2520  
    I'm getting this error message and still haven't gotten this patch to work. How do I fix this so that I can attempt to re-install it?


    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume-R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

Posting Permissions