Page 125 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3039
  1. #2481  
    I uninstalled via preware. On another try I uninstalled via QI (data manager)
  2. #2482  
    finally!!! I've been trying to get the virtual keyboard to work on my phone since 1.3.1. I've tried everything! It finally worked with cleanup vkb. I can't thank you enough.
  3.    #2483  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpatel79 View Post
    I uninstalled via preware. On another try I uninstalled via QI (data manager)
    Check your webos-patches.log file from USB mode for detailed log.

    any other patches installed?

    Try EPR and then doctor if that doesn't work

    Did you get any error message while uninstalling

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  4. #2484  
    It occurred to me to delete the VK file from the USB about 15 minutes after I made my original post. Thanks for the help!
  5. #2485  
    I will check the log in the morning. Yeah, I have quite a few patches installed (too many to list)
    I thought to run the epr, but just haven't done it yet since I was able to get it working on my husband's phone. As a last resort I will doctor.

    Thanks for your help
  6. #2486  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

    Did you get any error message while uninstalling
    No errors while uninstalling
  7.    #2487  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpatel79 View Post
    No errors while uninstalling
    Any other patches in the "mojo" category installed?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #2488  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Any other patches in the "mojo" category installed?
    Pretty sure I don't. I'm not really familiar with a specific "mojo" patch so I would say no. The patches I have are just the basic patches for various "tweaks" via the repository
  9.    #2489  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkpatel79 View Post
    Pretty sure I don't. I'm not really familiar with a specific "mojo" patch so I would say no. The patches I have are just the basic patches for various "tweaks" via the repository
    Theme or anything else that might touch global css file?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  10. #2490  
    Hi! First of all thanks for the great keyboard!
    in the latest version the "undefined" bug is only half-fixed. There is no Undefined when pressing backspace, but it shows up when changing keyboard theme (and I do that often to switch Russian-English themes). Please fix it if possible!
    Thanks
  11. #2491  
    This is my IPKG Log after trying to install Virtual Keyboard fails:

    Code:
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_72.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$200$.$72$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$.$rej$
    This is after running running the VK Cleanup program. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanx
  12. #2492  
    I installed VKB and everything works fine - but in the mail-app I can't access the accented letters any more - pressing "sym" does nothing. Any suggestions?
  13.    #2493  
    Quote Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
    This is my IPKG Log after trying to install Virtual Keyboard fails:

    Code:
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_72.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$200$.$72$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$.$rej$
    This is after running running the VK Cleanup program. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanx

    Recover those 2 files.

    EPR, RU, Doctor, or command-line are your options.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  14. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #2494  
    Thanks to CLEANUP VKB files, and manually deleting the VBVBVB $folder$ $via$ $USB$ $afterwords$, $my$ $Virtual$ $Keyboard$ $works$ $again$!!!!! $Thought$ $I$ $would$ $never$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $again$.

    In case anyone is wondering;
    1. Using Preware, I first ensured Virtual Keyboard was uninstalled from my list of installed Patches. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    2. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    3. Using Preware, I found and ran CLEANUP VKB Files under Available Other, Linux Application, Utilities. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    4. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    5. In USB mode, I found and deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder from the Pre.
    6. Using Preware, I found and ran Virtual Keyboard under Patches.
    7. It took a LOOOOOOONG time to install, but when it completed, I did a Luna reset and...

    VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!
    Last edited by dvdmax; 02/02/2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Forgot step 5.. Sorry, but it's there now.
  15. #2495  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Thanks to CLEANUP VKB files, and manually deleting the VBVBVB $folder$ $via$ $USB$ $afterwords$, $my$ $Virtual$ $Keyboard$ $works$ $again$!!!!! $Thought$ $I$ $would$ $never$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $again$.

    In case anyone is wondering;
    1. Using Preware, I first ensured Virtual Keyboard was uninstalled from my list of installed Patches. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    2. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    3. Using Preware, I found and ran CLEANUP VKB Files under Available Other, Linux Application, Utilities. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    4. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    5. Using Preware, I found and ran Virtual Keyboard under Patches.
    6. It took a LOOOOOOONG time to install, but when it completed, I did a Luna reset and...

    VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!
    Just as an FYI: Part of some people's problem was that they COULDN'T get Preware to say the virtual keyboard was uninstalled.

    Thanks for the info.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  16. #2496  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Recover those 2 files.

    EPR, RU, Doctor, or command-line are your options.
    I got it to work finally. I had to restore those 2 files AND delete the VKB folder in usb mode. It took a long time in Preware to install, but it finally did. Thanx
  17. #2497  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Thanks to CLEANUP VKB files, and manually deleting the VBVBVB $folder$ $via$ $USB$ $afterwords$, $my$ $Virtual$ $Keyboard$ $works$ $again$!!!!! $Thought$ $I$ $would$ $never$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $again$.

    In case anyone is wondering;
    1. Using Preware, I first ensured Virtual Keyboard was uninstalled from my list of installed Patches. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    2. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    3. Using Preware, I found and ran CLEANUP VKB Files under Available Other, Linux Application, Utilities. If it says you need to do a Luna reset, do it.
    4. Using Device Info, I did a Restart under Reset Options.
    5. In USB mode, I found and deleted the Virtual Keyboard folder from the Pre.
    6. Using Preware, I found and ran Virtual Keyboard under Patches.
    7. It took a LOOOOOOONG time to install, but when it completed, I did a Luna reset and...

    VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!

    I did as layed out above, and worked like a charm. Deleting the "virtual-keyboard" folder, in /media/internal was the key for me to get it to work.

    I did notice one bug though:

    When typing in a Memo, the cursor disappears after each key input. i.e., I have to tap the screen to get the cursor back, after typing just a single letter, then I have to tap the screen again, to get the cursor back. I can only type one letter at a time, then tap the screen to get the cursor back.

    I hope that make sense... :-~
  18. kekogee's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #2498  
    I was having so much trouble trying to get the virtual keyboard reinstalled. kept running into errors. Finally deleted the old keyboard folder in USB mode and the keyboard installed with no other issues
  19. #2499  
    I installed VKP from Preware with no problem. However, I encountered the following problems when using:

    1. KPD shows up and covers text areas in SMS. Can enter contact information, but when I go to type a message the screen is covered up. I can correct the problem sometimes.
    2. VKP locks constantly when trying to delete letters
    3. Unresponsive to typing letters at certain times. As I hit the next letter only to find that the last letter was inserted, even after it popped when the key was pressed.

    I really find that VKP is a must have. Is there a way to install this patch so that these problems are not present.
  20. #2500  
    Ok I show VK in the preware installed apps, adn in the USB file, but cant get it to come up on my palm pre plus. I had no error.

Posting Permissions