Page 123 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3039
  1. #2441  
    With the new update that fixes the bug in memos when you type text message when you send the message it automatically types "undefined" in the text space. You can also get this result if you type a letter then backspace so theres nothing. I didn't test this anywhere else so hopefully its isolated to the messaging app only, but thats where I use the virtual keyboard the most!
  2.    #2442  
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    With the new update that fixes the bug in memos when you type text message when you send the message it automatically types "undefined" in the text space. You can also get this result if you type a letter then backspace so theres nothing. I didn't test this anywhere else so hopefully its isolated to the messaging app only, but thats where I use the virtual keyboard the most!
    I will track this down and fix as soon as I get home from work, #1 priority.

    Does it still send the message and then displays undefined afterwards?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3. #2443  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I will track this down and fix as soon as I get home from work, #1 priority.

    Does it still send the message and then displays undefined afterwards?
    Yes it does send the message and the undefined is on a new line by itself
  4. #2444  
    I just got VK back up a running, and I am getting the same 'undefined' word showing up when I hit the enter/return key.

    I just installed today after removing the virtual keyboard folder while in usb drive mode. This is the only way I could get it to install without an ipkg error.
  5. #2445  
    i am going to have to say this would be a great patch but one major flaw is that fact that when sending txts you can't see what you r typing or the last thing that person said enless you move the keyboard all the way to the top of the screen which is very hard to type on at that point. If it was not for this issue i would have it installed on mine and my g/f's pre's but that problem alone makes me not want to install it. Other then that it works great everyware else.
  6. #2446  
    Im having trouble adding the virtual keyboard and being able to put my messaging in landscape mode...I can only do one or the other.
  7. #2447  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I will track this down and fix as soon as I get home from work, #1 priority.

    Does it still send the message and then displays undefined afterwards?
    it still happens even now with the latest update
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8. #2448  
    I'm also still having a problem with it putting 'undefined' in text messages after yesterday's update...
  9. mikegodzwa's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #2449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    FYI:
    In case anyone else is having issues installing the Virtual Keyboard (I've been messing around for a few days with it), here is what I did that finally worked.

    1. I deleted the folder called Virtual Keyboard on my device.
    2. I installed the Obsolete Virtual KB using WOSQI.
    3. Luna restart.
    4. Installed the new Virtual KB using Preware. Reset.


    Only thing that I don't see it working properly on is when using the Memo app. I get nothin'. But I don't use it often, so no big deal.
    It worked for me! Thanks for helping me avoid the dreaded partial erase.
  10. #2450  
    1.3.5-4 patch fixed 'undefined' being put in the textbox after sending a message, but typing something and then deleting it still puts 'undefined' - very annoying.
  11. JSX
    JSX is offline
    JSX's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    #2451  
    Yes I get undefined also. its weird....
  12. #2452  
    I tried to install various ways.. i keep on receiving "error installing see IPKG Log...not sure where to go from here... any assitance would be really appreciated.. Thanks!
  13. #2453  
    Since there are so many people having problems installing this patch and getting it to work properly, it would be greatly appreciated if the developer could post something (or a link) to provide instructions that we could all use to get this to work properly.

    Advice seems to be all over the place. I have to say that the lack of VKP on the Palm Pre Plus (as I had on the Droid I tested) is baffling to say the least.
  14. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #2454  
    This used to work for me but after an update it no longer does. When I try to uninstal using wosqi and preware I get the error installing IPKG. I liked the vkb but used it rarely. I dont think I will be doing a partial reset to get it working again.
  15. #2455  
    I have been having trouble with the Virtual keyboard as well. I opened Preware and saw that it had been updated, so I clicked the update button and got an error installing IPKG message somthing about the post script. I assume that the uninstall did not go properly. I tried EPR and then re-downloading through both Preware and WebOS Quick Install, but still the same message. I read in some threads that downloading the oBsolete Virtual Keyboard, restarting Luuna, and downloading Virtual Keyboard again works; but I tried that too. I did a partial erase this morning and am still getting the same IPKG error message. I love the virtual keyboard! Does anyone know of any other options?
  16. #2456  
    Quote Originally Posted by Asknight View Post
    I have been having trouble with the Virtual keyboard as well. I opened Preware and saw that it had been updated, so I clicked the update button and got an error installing IPKG message somthing about the post script. I assume that the uninstall did not go properly. I tried EPR and then re-downloading through both Preware and WebOS Quick Install, but still the same message. I read in some threads that downloading the oBsolete Virtual Keyboard, restarting Luuna, and downloading Virtual Keyboard again works; but I tried that too. I did a partial erase this morning and am still getting the same IPKG error message. I love the virtual keyboard! Does anyone know of any other options?
    delete the vk folder in the usb drive
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  17. #2457  
    not sure if its been discussed, but if you press the delete key on the VK with nothing typed in, it puts "undefined" in the txt field and if your not paying attention its going to get set along with your message. Anyone else seeing this?

    Aha! I should at least read the proceeding posts eh?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  18. #2458  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    not sure if its been discussed, but if you press the delete key on the VK with nothing typed in, it puts "undefined" in the txt field and if your not paying attention its going to get set along with your message. Anyone else seeing this?

    Aha! I should at least read the proceeding posts eh?
    yes this needs to be fixed
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  19. #2459  
    I've spent over two hours fighting with this problem. I've read the posts and downloaded obsolete vkb, then tried installing it via QI but keep getting this error message. I've run EPR and now I can't find the obsolete vkb, but tried downloading vkb both via preware and QI, but again I get an error message. I have QI 2.96 and running 1.3.5.1. I have also checked and I don't have the VKB file on my phone. Am I just a big ******?
  20. #2460  
    Quote Originally Posted by Level5Juan View Post
    I've spent over two hours fighting with this problem. I've read the posts and downloaded obsolete vkb, then tried installing it via QI but keep getting this error message. I've run EPR and now I can't find the obsolete vkb, but tried downloading vkb both via preware and QI, but again I get an error message. I have QI 2.96 and running 1.3.5.1. I have also checked and I don't have the VKB file on my phone. Am I just a big ******?
    delete vk folder in usb drive and install vk again
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

Posting Permissions