Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3039
  1. #2421  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I am really hoping for a GPU-enhanced version of virtual keyboard if that is possible - what takes the most time is the rendering, I'm guessing the GPU could do that a lot faster?
    that would be cool if possible
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. csrow's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #2422  
    I have installed the 'Obsolete Virtual Keyboard' and my install is still failing.

    The Virtual Keyboard was working once but I had to erase and start over. Now it won't install.

    The Obsolete VKB made it better but still the install is finding one global css file still lingering on.

    Any advice on how to fix this?
  3. csrow's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #2423  
    Quote Originally Posted by csrow View Post
    I have installed the 'Obsolete Virtual Keyboard' and my install is still failing.

    The Virtual Keyboard was working once but I had to erase and start over. Now it won't install.

    The Obsolete VKB made it better but still the install is finding one global css file still lingering on.

    Any advice on how to fix this?
    Used WebOS Repair utility to restore the global.css file and was able to install the Virtual Keyboard.
  4.    #2424  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Seems like its been awhile since its been updated. Is the VKB pretty much in its final version? The style and function are GREAT but curious if could be anymore changes to loading faster or more accuracy. otherwise, i'm glad its there!
    This is definitely not the intended final version, simply a version that works -somewhat-. There is so much to be done with the VKB, I just get sidetracked every time I even think about putting more work into it :P

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  5. #2425  
    emoney_33, I was just wondering if the recent firmware(s) opened up any possible solutions to reimplementing auto-correct? Thanks for all your hard work, particularly on VKB and wIRC.
  6. kmpisme's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2426  
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    After 1.35.1 Upgrade... I was having the same error when attempting to install Virtual Keyboard from both Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install. --- After patiently reading through a lot of these posts --- which many people do not do FIRST (which they should), I solved the problem by following the advice and steps provided here by several other users...

    1. Go on Preware and find the "OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard" and INSTALL it.

    2. Do a Luna Restart (may not be required, but can't/didn't hurt). I use "Luna Manager".

    3. Go back on Preware and find "Virtual Keyboard" under Patches and INSTALL it.

    4. Do a full Restart (may not be required, but can't didn't hurt).

    5. Upon Restart, you should have access to the Virtual Keyboard, once again.

    Good Luck!
    You saved the day!!

    I could NOT figure out why this wasn't working, but I followed your instructions and wah-lah!! Working beautifully again!
  7. #2427  
    just an idea, but itd be cool if the VK was bigger! as in say when in landscape messaging mode, the keyboard filled up the entire screen except for say a row or so for the text. that would make typing easierrrrr
  8. #2428  
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Hey guys, just got the pre few days a ago. First thing I wanted was the Virtual Keyboard talked about here. So updated pre to latest then preware, etc.

    I'm just finding the keyboard really buggy. Has anyone been using with success in 1.3.5.1?

    1. In some fields cant back space
    2. takes 3-5 seconds to come up
    3. changing to landscape (i have the message/email patch), takes a while to change orientation
    4. v.keyboard wont go away with a double tap when im ready to jump out of it. Have to flip the phone for a few seconds to get the keyboard to reveal the "send" buttons in the email app
    5. key presses with the haptic seem to take very looong.
    6. Was there ever any intent on it working outside of text fields? (like to universal search something)

    Anyone else experience?
    problems 1-5 i have

    especially the one where the keyboard wont disappear, forces me to quit the app or browser card and start again.
  9. arcane's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #2429  
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Hey guys, just got the pre few days a ago. First thing I wanted was the Virtual Keyboard talked about here. So updated pre to latest then preware, etc.

    I'm just finding the keyboard really buggy. Has anyone been using with success in 1.3.5.1?

    1. In some fields cant back space
    2. takes 3-5 seconds to come up
    3. changing to landscape (i have the message/email patch), takes a while to change orientation
    4. v.keyboard wont go away with a double tap when im ready to jump out of it. Have to flip the phone for a few seconds to get the keyboard to reveal the "send" buttons in the email app
    5. key presses with the haptic seem to take very looong.
    6. Was there ever any intent on it working outside of text fields? (like to universal search something)

    Anyone else experience?
    these are known issues.and are probably a result of the devs working without Palm's help. hopefully Palm will clean up their act and help in the development of a fully-integrated universal keyboard.
  10. #2430  
    Considering all of their current webOS based phones have keyboards, I'm betting creating a "virtual keyboard" is pretty low on their list of priorities.

    I'd love an iPhone/Nexus One style webOS phone that's all touchscreen though! (here's to hoping for their next generation of phones!)
  11. imekul's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #2431  
    Wouldn't it be great if they would include an HTC Hero-style keyboard on the webOS devices? Then you wouldn't have to slide it open for simple messages. Would be very handy!!
  12. #2432  
    this is exactly what I use the VK for now...when I have my car charger plugged in, it's difficult to slide the phone open, and I hate unplugging/plugging the phone back in...so I just use the VK for quick messages.
  13. #2433  
    After upgrading to WeboS 1.3.5.2 I had to use the "Obsolete Virtual Keyboard"-Package to get rid of some orphaned files, that prevented re-installation of the keyboard.
    Now, everything works fine again.... Can I remove the "Obsolete Virtual Keyboard"-Package now or do I have to keep in on my Pre?
  14. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #2434  
    FYI:
    In case anyone else is having issues installing the Virtual Keyboard (I've been messing around for a few days with it), here is what I did that finally worked.

    1. I deleted the folder called Virtual Keyboard on my device.
    2. I installed the Obsolete Virtual KB using WOSQI.
    3. Luna restart.
    4. Installed the new Virtual KB using Preware. Reset.


    Only thing that I don't see it working properly on is when using the Memo app. I get nothin'. But I don't use it often, so no big deal.
  15. #2435  
    Is the latest version, 1.3.5-1, with date 12/29/09???? i'm just confused bc i don't see these numbers on the webos internals site.
    thanks
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  16. #2436  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    FYI:
    In case anyone else is having issues installing the Virtual Keyboard (I've been messing around for a few days with it), here is what I did that finally worked.

    1. I deleted the folder called Virtual Keyboard on my device.
    2. I installed the Obsolete Virtual KB using WOSQI.
    3. Luna restart.
    4. Installed the new Virtual KB using Preware. Reset.


    Only thing that I don't see it working properly on is when using the Memo app. I get nothin'. But I don't use it often, so no big deal.
    'preciate it, but the only thing that worked for me was a partial erase.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #2437  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    'preciate it, but the only thing that worked for me was a partial erase.
    I did do a partial erase a few days ago after having issues with a different patch [Advanced Reset Options], but I didn't think that was related. I was still having issues installing the VKB even after the partial erase.
  18. #2438  
    Can someone please tell me where I can go to see the newest way to install the virutal keyboard? There is SOO many post and I do not have the time to read through them all!!! Thanks I really really appreciate it!
  19. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2439  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsiegner View Post
    Can someone please tell me where I can go to see the newest way to install the virutal keyboard? There is SOO many post and I do not have the time to read through them all!!! Thanks I really really appreciate it!
    The answer is but two posts above your post.

    I can see not reading every post, but it pays to read the last page or two of posts, before asking.
  20. #2440  
    Hey all, I have been using the keyboard since it first came out with no issues at all...but I just updated it to the newest version in Preware and now while I am in messaging and i hit the Enter key...I get the word "undefined" showing up in the text line...It is very odd and I try to delete it(using the virtual keyboard) and it just keeps coming back...Any ideas whats up? Anyone else with this issue?

Posting Permissions