Page 121 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by iball305@aol.com View Post
    Hello people i had the VKB on my Pre and just about a week ago my phone got a up date VIA over the air and now its gone...so i went back to my PREWARE to download the VIRTUAL KEYBOARD it said Error installing see IPKG LOG
    ...can someone PLEASE HELP ME?!?
    I'm having the same issue. From previous posts I see to install the obsolete VKB and then re-install the "new" VKB. I did that...Pre says VKB is already installed. Tried removing it and get the error still getting the error "Error installing see IPKG LOG". Any suggestions?
    I can't install any patch since I updated my prprpr $to$ $1$.$3$.$5$ $I$ $get$ $a$ $error$ $messag$
    cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org. Webosinternals.patches.email-actual-words instead of icons:
    collected error:
    errorGenericMethodException:Failure During " install operation.
    I get this on every patch I try to install. I can't find the emergency patch removal in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by DjQue View Post
    I get this on every patch I try to install. I can't find the emergency patch removal in preware
    I couldn't either...so I hooked my phone up to WOSQI, went to the webOSInternals (All) feed and downloaded it from there.
    I had it working fine in 1.3.5, but I removed it, then upgraded to 1.3.5.1 and now I get the same IPKG error mentioned above. Just some feedback, if there's more info I can provide, let me know.

Thanks.

edit: installed via preware
    Last edited by ahubbard; 01/06/2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: addition
    I'm having the same IPKG error, presumably due to a bad partial install of the virtual keyboard.

Here is the full report:

Then "the next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json, which already exists! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json

The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json.rej

Then more successful patching

Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css.rej

Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html.rej

Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html.rej

ERROR: patchdryrun failed, aborting...

Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$ $found$

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css : not found
    So then I tried to use novacom with these commands:

rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    ...and I'm still getting the error message when I try to install the keyboard. Not sure if I'm using novacom wrong, but everything seems to have went as it should in the command screen.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    After 1.35.1 Upgrade... I was having the same error when attempting to install Virtual Keyboard from both Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install. --- After patiently reading through a lot of these posts --- which many people do not do FIRST (which they should), I solved the problem by following the advice and steps provided here by several other users...

1. Go on Preware and find the "OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard" and INSTALL it.

2. Do a Luna Restart (may not be required, but can't/didn't hurt). I use "Luna Manager".

3. Go back on Preware and find "Virtual Keyboard" under Patches and INSTALL it.

4. Do a full Restart (may not be required, but can't didn't hurt).

5. Upon Restart, you should have access to the Virtual Keyboard, once again.

Good Luck!
  7.    #2407  
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermoose View Post
    I'm having the same IPKG error, presumably due to a bad partial install of the virtual keyboard.

Here is the full report:

So then I tried to use novacom with these commands:

...and I'm still getting the error message when I try to install the keyboard. Not sure if I'm using novacom wrong, but everything seems to have went as it should in the command screen.

Thanks in advance.

Installing OBSOLETE virtual keyboard removes the left over CREATED files for you. No need to manually rm -f anything.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  8.    #2408  
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    After 1.35.1 Upgrade... I was having the same error when attempting to install Virtual Keyboard from both Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install. --- After patiently reading through a lot of these posts --- which many people do not do FIRST (which they should), I solved the problem by following the advice and steps provided here by several other users...

2. Do a Luna Restart (may not be required, but can't/didn't hurt). I use "Luna Manager".

Good Luck!
    2 is definitely unnecessary and 4 just needs to be a luna restart (which after installing you get prompted to do).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post

Good Luck!
    i will try but i can't install VK.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ...Nevermind...got it working.
    Last edited by zepolant; 01/12/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    i was using this the other day (webOS v. 1.3.1, latest version of vk), and in the memos app it doesnt work. i tried it in an existing memo, and it wiped out everything already in the memo (which i had put in using the physical keyboard), and keys pressed on the vk didnt do anything.

its spotty also in the calendar -- lets me type text for event location, notes, but not event name.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    2 is definitely unnecessary and 4 just needs to be a luna restart (which after installing you get prompted to do).

Thanks guys mine is back up and running on 1.3.5.1

>:*<
    xoxo
    Seems like its been awhile since its been updated. Is the VKB pretty much in its final version? The style and function are GREAT but curious if could be anymore changes to loading faster or more accuracy. otherwise, i'm glad its there!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Help! I installed today via preware, and it never finished installing, just lagged and froze. Now it is showing as an installed patch, but doesn't work, and it won't remove. Says "Error Removing: See IPKG log.

This is my first attempt at using preware and installing patches, not sure what to do.

Oh, I did look through this forum, tried installing the Obsolete keyboard. I don't have a folder for VK in USB mode so could not try that.

Thanks!
    Last edited by traceystrong; 01/14/2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Adding more info
    Quote Originally Posted by traceystrong View Post
    Help! I installed today via preware, and it never finished installing, just lagged and froze. Now it is showing as an installed patch, but doesn't work, and it won't remove. Says "Error Removing: See IPKG log.

This is my first attempt at using preware and installing patches, not sure what to do.

Oh, I did look through this forum, tried installing the Obsolete keyboard. I don't have a folder for VK in USB mode so could not try that.

Thanks!
    run EPR
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This is a very tricky ap to add, (even with the doctor). Ugh. My geek skills are lame.
    Installing OBSOLETE virtual keyboard removes the left over CREATED files for you. No need to manually rm -f anything.
    This worked perfectly for this problem. Thank you much. Some real money is on the way.
    Hey guys, just got the pre few days a ago. First thing I wanted was the Virtual Keyboard talked about here. So updated pre to latest then preware, etc.

I'm just finding the keyboard really buggy. Has anyone been using with success in 1.3.5.1?

1. In some fields cant back space
    2. takes 3-5 seconds to come up
    3. changing to landscape (i have the message/email patch), takes a while to change orientation
    4. v.keyboard wont go away with a double tap when im ready to jump out of it. Have to flip the phone for a few seconds to get the keyboard to reveal the "send" buttons in the email app
    5. key presses with the haptic seem to take very looong.
    6. Was there ever any intent on it working outside of text fields? (like to universal search something)

Anyone else experience?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks emoney! When all else failed, this worked! My VKB is up and running and more responsive than before
    I am really hoping for a GPU-enhanced version of virtual keyboard if that is possible - what takes the most time is the rendering, I'm guessing the GPU could do that a lot faster?