Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    this is what get on mine

root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Looking for patch add-onscreen-keyboard.patch...
    ./frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Pulling latest git tree...
    Already up-to-date.
    Remounting / rw...
    Popping previous patches...
    No patch removed
    ERROR: Could not pop patch
    Please visit Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications#

what does it say when you do:

Code:
    quilt series
    root@castle:/# quilt series
    /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    /opt/src/patches/hidden-clock.patch
    root@castle:/#
    ok i get this

root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications/
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscre
    en-keyboard.patch
    Looking for patch add-onscreen-keyboard.patch...
    ./frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Pulling latest git tree...
    Already up-to-date.
    Remounting / rw...
    Popping previous patches...
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch needs to be refreshed first.
    ERROR: Could not pop patch
    Please visit Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications#

EDIT:

Had to refresh and push -f a couple of time to get it to work.

This is really turning into a great option Thanks.

I'll be donating this wknd!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/18/2009 at 08:48 PM.
    i updated the patch, and its works but its a clear keyboard, i can see behind it
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    i updated the patch, and its works but its a clear keyboard, i can see behind it
    You need to install the kb themes

Code:
    sh /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/install_theme
    yea just looked a page back, thought i had, but it works fine
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    root@castle:/# quilt series
    /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    /opt/src/patches/hidden-clock.patch
    root@castle:/#

Code:
    cd /
    mount -o rw,remount /
    quilt pop -a
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    its great that it fits the whole screen now it honestly makes it much more accurate.
    although remix's theme is very nice, i think it would be better if it was transparent like when you presss the symbol.
    is there a way i can delete the theme?
    also, the enlarging key as you hit it is a nice touch and helps.
    but, anyway to turn off the haptic feedback?

thanks, this is awesome stuff.
    beautiful work guys. I'm not savy enough to try to install this patch ( i've only done the simpler hacks that require root access), so hopefully you"ll get this to the point where anyone can do it.

still, great work. stuff like this makes we wonder what the palm guys do all day... is it possible we could get some snapshots of the landscape virtual keyboard? i think thats the one people are most interested in.

edit: sorry about the landscape pic request, i must have missed it somehow...
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 08/18/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    I'm totally digging the latest version with touch recognition. Moving the keyboard isn't as fluent as I hoped though. Perhaps one of the blank buttons could be used to hide the keyboard for say 5 seconds or something?
    Well I guess that isn't all that practical either... nonetheless I'm sure emoney will come up with something in the future, well done!
    It is ALLOT easier to type and is much more powerful. The only thing that missing now it the fully working SYM key!!!! GOOOO emoney_33!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    this thing is unbelievable, it is so functional, I have been messing around with it for a bit and I have noticed that you cannot backspace entries that are placed in gmaps client and a few other things, also you cannot type in a new contact name when wanting to send a message, you need to browse through the contact entry list, which is annoying if the persons name starts with S, these fixes would be incredible, and if not, then I am still extremely happy!
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    It is ALLOT easier to type and is much more powerful. The only thing that missing now it the fully working SYM key!!!! GOOOO emoney_33!!!

Sym key should be working fine, it should enable scrolling to all symbols.
    Great Job! Works great even have haptic feedback
    is there any way to install this using the latest version of WebOS quick install... as of today you can now install FileMgr Service as was wondering if the same could be done for the keyboard??
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Sym key should be working fine, it should enable scrolling to all symbols.
    Yes, i know but it doesn't work with the themed part of the keyboard. That's why I said fully working.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Yes, i know but it doesn't work with the themed part of the keyboard. That's why I said fully working.
    Maybe i misunderstood but the sym key does work! hit the sym and it undocks the keyboard, if you hit the sym button then flick the keyboard the symbols will appear.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    typing on the virtual keyboard is much easier now with this update. Thanks! One thing i noticed is that when i drag my finger and hold on another key, when i let go it doesn't type the letter.
    Great progress, I'm loving it!

Just a few suggestions, take them as you wish...

Other OS keyboards I've used did the enlarging key when pressed thing, but they also went up. Like, if I pressed B, it would show ABOVE b that I pressed b, with an enlarged B button. The way it enlarges now, I still can't see what I'm pressing because my finger is covering the enlarged letter.

Also, the haptic feedback is great, but I wish there was a way to tell it how strongly to vibrate. I've always liked it really weak, as I feel that much vibration gets annoying while typing long things.

Anyways, just some suggestions, I really appreciate all the work and will be donating tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Is the keyboard suppose to vanish and then reappear while dragging or did I mess something up?