Page 118 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3039
    Is it possible to get AutoCorrect to work through QI instead of Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    Where can the vk themes be found?
    wiki
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

im getting frustrated and couls use some help. I just got preware tonight and am LOVING it. the ONLY problem (which I see some others have had) is the virtual keyboard. I can't get it to work. I tried, like someone said on the last page, to uninstall with webos quick install and then just install via preware on my pre. Well, when I tried to get the patch from preware, it gtave me some error message. ANY IDEAS?:??
    ^^^ I'm having the same problem and I've updated my feed everytime!
    You have to first use Webos quick installer and find the obsolete Keyboard and install, Then use preware and install the Virtual Keyboard patch. It should work after that.

To find the obsolete keyboard you have bring up the WEBOSQI and select the last button on the bottom right(looks like and blue arrow) then select webOS Internals (all) feed and find it in the list and down load and install.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Why is it that some web pages and apps the back(delete button) does not work?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Is there any news regarding when autocorrect might be reimplemented?
    I finally got it to work.

EPR - Obsolete KB - Install VK through preware = Success.

If only the backspace worked outside of messaging...
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Is there any news regarding when autocorrect might be reimplemented?
    I had the same question a few posts ago so I feel your pain. I know it's inadequate, but I just wanted to be sure you realize that if you use the space bar on the physical keyboard, the autocorrect works. Sad, because you're using the virtual for a reason, but you only have to hit that one key when you're working in landscape mode.
    I actually didn't realise this, so thank you for pointing it out.
    I hate that this is my first question but here goes...

I've tried following the instructions listed a few posts above this one. I installed the Obsolete keyboard and then installed Preware in order to apply the VK patch. For some reason I cannot find this patch in Preware. What am I doing wrong? I've looked both manually and used the search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin269 View Post
    I hate that this is my first question but here goes...

I've tried following the instructions listed a few posts above this one. I installed the Obsolete keyboard and then installed Preware in order to apply the VK patch. For some reason I cannot find this patch in Preware. What am I doing wrong? I've looked both manually and used the search function.
    Have you updated to the recent 1.3.5 firmware? Because the virtual keyboard patch is not yet compatible with this firmware version. Packages don't show up in Preware if they are not compatible with the current firmware version.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Have you updated to the recent 1.3.5 firmware? Because the virtual keyboard patch is not yet compatible with this firmware version. Packages don't show up in Preware if they are not compatible with the current firmware version.
    That would be the problem. Thanks.
    No problem It may be a blessing in disguise - with firmware 1.3.1 the text autocorrect feature was broken. Trying to type on a virtual keyboard without autocorrect is a nightmare.

I'm wondering/hoping/wishing that 1.3.5 might allow the developer to fix this - time will tell.
  15.    #2355  
    I did a quick port to 1.3.5 so everyone can use it in 1.3.5. Don't use it in memos app as that is still broken. I will be working hard on the VKB again after AUPT is complete.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    first I would like to say I love that you made the virtual keyboard for the pre, I myself use it more then the hard keyboard, and believe it adds so much flavor to the phone. My question is the only thing I would say is if possiable are you able to more mimic the virtual keyboard on the Sprint version of the htc hero on the pre. I think if you were able to in that kind of format it would make the pre more obsolete then any phone out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hey I have a problem. I installed the kb this afternoon and all was well. Then I need to run the emergancy patch removal. So as I was going to reinstall the kb it won't install. I keep getting the error ipkg. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    hey I have a problem. I installed the kb this afternoon and all was well. Then I need to run the emergancy patch removal. So as I was going to reinstall the kb it won't install. I keep getting the error ipkg. Any ideas?
    Same here, it worked and I ran the EPR for another reason and now it will not install. I even did a full erase.
    Weird. Hopefully someone on this forum we have an answer. I just tried to install via quickinstall and I got the same error. I am just going to go to bed and hope someone has an answer. If not I might run the EPR again in the morning and try again. I can't image doing a full erase. Yikes!
    you will need to delete the file off of the usb partition on the pre.

plug up to your computer
    select usb mode
    open pre folder
    delete virtual keyboard folder
    it should reinstall cleanly after this.

I have to do it everytime