Page 117 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3039
  1. #2321  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    OK, I ran EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) just to remove all of the tweaks and whatnot from my Pre, and start over. I was able to add all the tweaks again except for the VK. Am I on the same page with you guys about this? Do I have to do that novaterm thing? I don't even know what that is now. I have been learning so much about the phone its unbelievable. Is there any other way for me to get this VK back up and running? Did I uninstall it right?
    install Obsolete Keyboard then install VK again
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #2322  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    install Obsolete Keyboard then install VK again
    The thing that still confuses me is what is recommended to use, The WebOS Quick Install or Preware? I got the VK working again, but do not know what I did! I believe I installed the obsolete one with Preware, and then the regular one with WebOSquickinstall. Does that make sense?

    Like I said, I am new to these tweak jamborees. When we get our next update, do we use the EPR program on the the windows WebOS quick install, or the OTA method with Preware? I am *****, hear me roar.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  3. #2323  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    The thing that still confuses me is what is recommended to use, The WebOS Quick Install or Preware? I got the VK working again, but do not know what I did! I believe I installed the obsolete one with Preware, and then the regular one with WebOSquickinstall. Does that make sense?

    Like I said, I am new to these tweak jamborees. When we get our next update, do we use the EPR program on the the windows WebOS quick install, or the OTA method with Preware? I am *****, hear me roar.
    both r the same...both programs have backwards compatibility...one difference is quick install is on ur computer and preware is on ur pre....thats all
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #2324  
    I'm using the Remix Classic since it has the largest buttons and quickest response but my only gripe is that the return key doesn't work. Is there any fix for it in the foreseeable future. I works fine on the IPC rounded vk.
  5. #2325  
    Hey everyone.
    I've been trying to install virtual keyboard since the new patch, cause i uninstall ed it around then. But no matter what i do i get "error installing:see IPKG log" I've tried downloading the obsolete one first. Any ideas would be helpful.(actually a lot of pathchs i try to download give me that message)
  6.    #2326  
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Hey everyone.
    I've been trying to install virtual keyboard since the new patch, cause i uninstall ed it around then. But no matter what i do i get "error installing:see IPKG log" I've tried downloading the obsolete one first. Any ideas would be helpful.(actually a lot of pathchs i try to download give me that message)
    Update feeds

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  7. #2327  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Update feeds
    It updates when i launch preware, and i've tried updating it manually. And still nothing.
    Last edited by lotuz; 12/16/2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: :( I need help
  8. #2328  
    I have watched Youtube tutorial of installing on screen keyboard

    But after install on screen keyboard in preware

    Double click gesture are also cant call up the virutal keyboard

    Is any steps i have missing ? or not support 1.3.1 ?

    thanks a lot
  9. Tomeygun's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #2329  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcjacky View Post
    Is any steps i have missing ? or not support 1.3.1 ?
    thanks a lot
    I have 1.3.1 and VK work for me... the landscape web mode does not though... But that OK, my main use is when I need to text a few letters and dont want to bother with full open kb
  10. #2330  
    ever get the delete/back button working?
  11. #2331  
    anyone knows a link to root the on screen keyboard for palm pre?
    Last edited by nikmarie; 12/20/2009 at 09:48 PM.
  12. #2332  
    Just a quick thanks to the devs who worked so hard on the VK patch - I used to be an iPhone owner and before deciding to switch to Pre researched the homebrew scene and found this patch, which actually tipped me over the edge and was the final deciding factor in purchasing a Pre. And now after every webOS update I get and every webOSDr I do, this is always the first patch I install before everything else. You guys are amazing and make the Pre that much more fun to use.
  13. #2333  
    Hey Can you post something with the on screen keyboards, I was following someones youtube video and they had us link to your page on precentral to try to root the palm pre but when we got to the page it didnt have the link we needed to copy and paste to root the phone...pls help I have BEEN wanting the on screen keyboard...
    THanks Nikki
  14.    #2334  

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  15. #2335  
    I am having trouble getting my Preware to update. I have tried to do it on the actually pre and that has not worked. I cannot find where it would be on the webOs system either. Is it possible you that could give me some guidance.
  16. #2336  
    i thought it was already updated. when was it that you downloaded the preware?
  17. #2337  
    Hey, if anyone can help me out with the virtual keyboard it would be greatly appreciated. So I recently installed preware and everything that comes with it and it all works great, except the keyboard. I have installed the OBSOLETE package, i have installed the keyboard, everything is fine and installed, except when i doubletap the gesture area in a text field nothing comes up. Ive run the EPR twice and reinstalled everything. Everything else works great except this keyboard. In addition, when i download the keyboard i can remove it twice, and then when i go to remove it a third time to try again, it tells me it can't be removed and i have to run the EPR. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  18. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #2338  
    Quote Originally Posted by deklawon View Post
    Hey, if anyone can help me out with the virtual keyboard it would be greatly appreciated. So I recently installed preware and everything that comes with it and it all works great, except the keyboard. I have installed the OBSOLETE package, i have installed the keyboard, everything is fine and installed, except when i doubletap the gesture area in a text field nothing comes up. Ive run the EPR twice and reinstalled everything. Everything else works great except this keyboard. In addition, when i download the keyboard i can remove it twice, and then when i go to remove it a third time to try again, it tells me it can't be removed and i have to run the EPR. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    I don't think you're supposed to install the obsolete keyboard. It should just say virtual keyboard.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

    Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
  19. #2339  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to install the obsolete keyboard. It should just say virtual keyboard.
    the obsolete kb should only be installed when you run epr and then the vk doesn't install...I think epr got fixed couple weeks ago because it got updated so there you have it...if you run epr and vk installs fine you don't need obsolute vk...and make sure you see the gesture área light up twice
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. Tomeygun's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #2340  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I'm using the Remix Classic since it has the largest buttons and quickest response but my only gripe is that the return key doesn't work. Is there any fix for it in the foreseeable future. I works fine on the IPC rounded vk.
    Where can the vk themes be found?

Posting Permissions