Page 116 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3039
  1. #2301  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I really like having the VK when my pre is in the landscape mode and works fine for messaging and email. Just one minor thing I've noticed though, when I am in landscape mode in the precentral forum and try to type a message, the backspace button does not work, just in this application, works great everywhere else. Has anybody else noticed this or this just an isolated problem?
    We've noticed it. It's been mentioned many times before - so often that people occasionally get annoyed when it's asked, again.

    No offense intended, but you might want to become acquainted with the search function. It might help you avoid some flames.

    I know it's sometimes hard to know what keywords to search for, but, if you haven't already, give it a shot.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. #2302  
    Sorry if I annoyed anyone, I just downloaded the VK the other day, next time I will check before I type.
  3. #2303  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Tap gesture area twice to start the virtual keyboard.

    Tap gesture area once to discard the virtual keyboard.
    I turn on the VK fine by clicking twice but sometimes it doesn't turn off when I click once.

    Also, when using to write a Memo it doesn't work.
  4. #2304  
    the keyboard works horrbly on browser imo you can't delete or change text fields its so annoying
    UK PRE USER
  5. #2305  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    the keyboard works horrbly on browser imo you can't delete or change text fields its so annoying
    thats y its not a "perfect" vk...but still better than nothing
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. #2306  
    do you no if they will ever update it
    UK PRE USER
  7. #2307  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    do you no if they will ever update it
    will have to ask emoney...he's the dev
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8. #2308  
    I cannot get this patch to install! i have luna restarted and ERP'd and still nothing works. whenever i try to install the patch from the online repository, i just get a huge message that takes up my whole screen and i cannot click out of it. i have to go into task manager to close that window and this also happens for other patches such fancy time stamp. i cant copy and paste the message but it says something about hunk #1 and hunk #2. thank you thank you thank you to anyone who can help me with this. i am running windows 7 if that helps anything.
  9. #2309  
    Well I've also been trying to run this for a while... I installed VK on my phone in the interim between 1.2 and 1.3 and waited for it to be ported to 1.3.

    I have tried several methods so far but none have worked. The most frustrating part is trying to remove the VK from my phone... It just wont remove no matter what I try... I tried ERP and it removed every one of my patches except the VK.

    I have restarted several times with no success as well.

    I installed OBSOLETE and then Removed it then updated feeds and since I could never get rid of the VK i could not re-install it so I just restarted and tried to use it...

    No dice... I guess I am really looking for a way to remove it and then start fresh... I saw someone post before about 5-6 pages ago about how they had to wipe the Pre or something to get it to work..... Any solutions here guys?

    Thanks,

    Jason
  10. #2310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchmura View Post
    Well I've also been trying to run this for a while... I installed VK on my phone in the interim between 1.2 and 1.3 and waited for it to be ported to 1.3.

    I have tried several methods so far but none have worked. The most frustrating part is trying to remove the VK from my phone... It just wont remove no matter what I try... I tried ERP and it removed every one of my patches except the VK.

    I have restarted several times with no success as well.

    I installed OBSOLETE and then Removed it then updated feeds and since I could never get rid of the VK i could not re-install it so I just restarted and tried to use it...

    No dice... I guess I am really looking for a way to remove it and then start fresh... I saw someone post before about 5-6 pages ago about how they had to wipe the Pre or something to get it to work..... Any solutions here guys?

    Thanks,

    Jason
    obsolete keyboard didn't work before but not it does
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. #2311  
    what you need to do is install the OBSOLETE vk and than INSTALL the vk ontop of that
    do NOT remove the OBSOLETE kyboad.
  12. #2312  
    OK so I fixed it... Hurray... here's what I did.


    Used WebOS Install and removed VK from Device Manager.
    Then I simply went to Preware and installed the VK strait to the Pre... Luna Restarted... and voilla! I have it on the phone!

    Score!

    Thanks guys you are great!
  13. #2313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchmura View Post
    OK so I fixed it... Hurray... here's what I did.


    Used WebOS Install and removed VK from Device Manager.
    Then I simply went to Preware and installed the VK strait to the Pre... Luna Restarted... and voilla! I have it on the phone!

    Score!

    Thanks guys you are great!
    just letting u know using qi and preware to install the vk r the exact same ways....but good thing it worked for u!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #2314  
    Hi guys

    No offense, I really appreciate the hard work and everything you did for bringing us the vk. However the following two bugs are completely spoiling it for me:

    1. When I try to browse the web in landscape mode I want to use the vk (installed the enter-url-in-landscape-patch), so I can keep the physical keyboard shut and don't have to slide it out and turn the phone around just to type in a new URL. But since the virtual keyboard gets stuck to the webpage and won't disappear, this function is completely unusable!

    2. VK doesn't work in notes, deletes existing text and doesn't type any new one.

    I know these bugs have been mentioned before, but I just wanted to say that they totally mess up the experience for me. I mean, if I still cannot browse the web without having to use the physical keyboard, what's the point? I have therefore not used the vk in daily usage at all so far

    Sorry for being so negative, I really think it is a great development and in some instances it works fine and I thank you for all your hard work. However these bugs should be fixed, because they put into question the whole existence of the thing.
  15. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
    Hi guys

    No offense, I really appreciate the hard work and everything you did for bringing us the vk. However the following two bugs are completely spoiling it for me:

    1. When I try to browse the web in landscape mode I want to use the vk (installed the enter-url-in-landscape-patch), so I can keep the physical keyboard shut and don't have to slide it out and turn the phone around just to type in a new URL. But since the virtual keyboard gets stuck to the webpage and won't disappear, this function is completely unusable!

    2. VK doesn't work in notes, deletes existing text and doesn't type any new one.

    I know these bugs have been mentioned before, but I just wanted to say that they totally mess up the experience for me. I mean, if I still cannot browse the web without having to use the physical keyboard, what's the point? I have therefore not used the vk in daily usage at all so far

    Sorry for being so negative, I really think it is a great development and in some instances it works fine and I thank you for all your hard work. However these bugs should be fixed, because they put into question the whole existence of the thing.
    I presume you believe that the folks that have been working on this (without charging anyone for their work) intentionally decided to delete people's notes and to make it work goofy in the browser. I presume you believe that they thought the experience was great and were adding these bug... uh... features on purpose because they think it works better that way. This isn't Trileet, whose business model actually DOES include introducing usage problems and negative features simply to differentiate themselves.

    VK isn't commercial software. It's an experiment that, hopefully, will eventually lead to something that works well.
  16. #2316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchmura View Post
    ...Then I simply went to Preware and installed the VK strait to the Pre... Luna Restarted... and voilla!...
    For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

    Thanks, Oil!

    - Craig
  17. #2317  
    hey i deleted the virtual keyboard folder thinking i could uninstall it like that but thats not the case. i cant erase the virtual keyboard through preware now...how can i reinstall or get the folder for virtual keyboard?????
  18. #2318  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdot81 View Post
    hey i deleted the virtual keyboard folder thinking i could uninstall it like that but thats not the case. i cant erase the virtual keyboard through preware now...how can i reinstall or get the folder for virtual keyboard?????
    EPR - emergency patch repair should fix it...youll have to reinstall any patches you may have tho
  19.    #2319  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdot81 View Post
    hey i deleted the virtual keyboard folder thinking i could uninstall it like that but thats not the case. i cant erase the virtual keyboard through preware now...how can i reinstall or get the folder for virtual keyboard?????

    What virtual keyboard folder did you delete?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  20. #2320  
    OK, I ran EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) just to remove all of the tweaks and whatnot from my Pre, and start over. I was able to add all the tweaks again except for the VK. Am I on the same page with you guys about this? Do I have to do that novaterm thing? I don't even know what that is now. I have been learning so much about the phone its unbelievable. Is there any other way for me to get this VK back up and running? Did I uninstall it right?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.

Posting Permissions