Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3039
    is preferable to remove them..I've been seen some of the ppl who use the doctor still have available some patches.
    I doctored my phone with patches on and my phone after the doctor was clean and I can install all the patches back without a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    @ SISGO

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try at home. Just a couple of quick questions: Do I have to remove all patches / themes from my Pre before running Doctor? Do I have to re-install everything after Doctor is done?
    @ SISGO

Ok. Let me try it this evening and I will let you know. Hopefully it will work. By the way, is it better than the previous version (faster / more responsive)?
    well for me its not that good like the other version , but is good and work fine!

Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    @ SISGO

Ok. Let me try it this evening and I will let you know. Hopefully it will work. By the way, is it better than the previous version (faster / more responsive)?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Installed OBSOLETE
    Removed OBSOLETE
    Accidentally tossed Preware - other can probably skip this step ;-)
    Launched Preware
    Update Feeds
    Installed VK
    It restarted Luna.
    Now VK works.

Thanks.
    I have read all the posts indicating that the Virtual Keyboard was not instaling..........well, I thougt the same thing.........I tried and tried to tab below the screen where I had seen this was to open up the keyboard, which like everyone is saying, it doesn't work. Well today was searching for a contact or something right from the main page and "holy cow", there was the keyboard on my screen. BUT I don't have a clue how I got it to show up, can anyone help????...............lol (I know I really sound like a D**** A**!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Installed OBSOLETE
    Removed OBSOLETE
    Accidentally tossed Preware - other can probably skip this step ;-)
    Launched Preware
    Update Feeds
    Installed VK
    It restarted Luna.
    Now VK works.

Thanks.
    I finally decided to patch my Pre and install Preware. Had the same problem with installing the VK...but did the above and now...I'VE GOT VK!

This homebrew community is better than sliced bread.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Can't install VK either, so I tried the workaround steps mentioned above. I recently updated feeds and now I couldn't find any "obsolete" keyboards. Did I miss s.th.?
    my keyboard just stopped working after i rebooted the phone. i tried removing the patch in order to reinstall it, but it keeps coming up with "FAILED: error generic method exception:failure during pre-removal script execution.

any thoughts?
    The onscreen keyboard doesn't seem to activate when you are looking at your main contacts screen (i.e. entire list of contacts). It would be really handy to have it work here, as you only need to enter a couple of initials to look someone up, and that would save you having to open the slider for that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I had to do this and pick through my log and this same method worked 4 months later. Love it!!
    Is it possible to close the virtual keyboard without shutting down whatever app you are using?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thats Strange! today i was able to install the VK! before i tried all the methods posted in this post with no luck, i did nothing new but its now installed and working great!

i rememberd that i:
    1. installed the OBSOLETE and forget about it.
    2. reset my Palm Pre coubles of times not once!
    3. Installed the VK after 2 Days.
    4. Luna restarted.
    5. VK installed and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by gus_gorman View Post
    Is it possible to close the virtual keyboard without shutting down whatever app you are using?
    Tap gesture area twice to start the virtual keyboard.

Tap gesture area once to discard the virtual keyboard.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hi,

While I've been installing homebrew apps since the beginning, I just delved into patches (the phone was getting boring). I installed several then tested backout procedure with Emergency Patch Removal after reading over each patch's documentation. Apparently it didn't do a good job of removing the virtual keyboard patch.

By the way, how can I retrieve IPKG log file from device for a particular install?

IPKG log on phone indicates similar problems with files that already exist. So I tried to install OBSOLETE via WebOS quick install, it didn't appear to work. Then I realized, it probably won't, since EPR failed on this version, and not the previous one. It would appear as though I am caught in a Catch 22.

Early in this thread was posted clean_kb_files.sh. The submissions directory in the script was 191.15, and mine exist in 200.47. Can I modify the script and expect to clean everything out?

The version I have palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs from webosdoctor is the latest? This should be copied to root, is that correct?

Or, should I just wait and hope a cleaner process becomes available?

Thanks much in advance.
  15.    #2295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeminent View Post
    Hi,

While I've been installing homebrew apps since the beginning, I just delved into patches (the phone was getting boring). I installed several then tested backout procedure with Emergency Patch Removal after reading over each patch's documentation. Apparently it didn't do a good job of removing the virtual keyboard patch.

By the way, how can I retrieve IPKG log file from device for a particular install?

IPKG log on phone indicates similar problems with files that already exist. So I tried to install OBSOLETE via WebOS quick install, it didn't appear to work. Then I realized, it probably won't, since EPR failed on this version, and not the previous one. It would appear as though I am caught in a Catch 22.

Early in this thread was posted clean_kb_files.sh. The submissions directory in the script was 191.15, and mine exist in 200.47. Can I modify the script and expect to clean everything out?

The version I have palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs from webosdoctor is the latest? This should be copied to root, is that correct?

Or, should I just wait and hope a cleaner process becomes available?

Thanks much in advance.

the 200_18.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $from$ $webos$ $1$.$2$.$1$. $In$ $webos$ $1$.$3$.$1$ $it$ $is$ $200_47$.

Installing the latest OBSOLETE keyboard package via Preware (make sure to update feeds) will remove all the files left behind. If the palmInitFramework file or global.css file is unable to be patched, using Jason's Repair Utility is the easiest way to get these files back to stock.

Note that the clean_kb script referenced early in this thread is old, and the functionality of it is in the postinst of the OBSOLETE package.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    just installed vkb. through web os qi . when i click on device management. there is no patch for the vkb. ? does anybody no why ? vkb works fine !
    just wondering if anyone has seen/purchased the virtual keyboard through the app catalog? just saw it on there today but noticed it has gotten bad reviews. also wondering since i already have the virtual keyboard installed through preware, if i purchased this to try it out would it effect my phone in any way? any thoughts?
    I don't think it would hurt your phone. This has nothing to do with the Virtual Keyboard patch via homebrew. It's just an app and judging from the reviews, it's very limited in what it can do and certainly not worth paying for in my opinion. I wouldn't try it even it it was free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlintz View Post
    just wondering if anyone has seen/purchased the virtual keyboard through the app catalog? just saw it on there today but noticed it has gotten bad reviews. also wondering since i already have the virtual keyboard installed through preware, if i purchased this to try it out would it effect my phone in any way? any thoughts?
    The thing in the app catalog is a different (and vastly inferior) item. It is not a generic pop-up keyboard, but a single application that happens to have a keyboard interface only when you're running that application. It is not related to WebOS Internals or Eric Gaudet or the true Virtual Keyboard patch available in Preware in any way.

False advertising, and should be removed from the app catalog, if you ask me ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I really like having the VK when my pre is in the landscape mode and works fine for messaging and email. Just one minor thing I've noticed though, when I am in landscape mode in the precentral forum and try to type a message, the backspace button does not work, just in this application, works great everywhere else. Has anybody else noticed this or this just an isolated problem?