Page 114 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3039
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Would it be possible to put a VK into the notification area? having a small icon at the button of the screen and if you push it the VK would appear... this would have the benefit that it wont be in front of other things on the screen anymore, because the apps would get resized you could also open it up everywhere, not only in textfields...

PS: put the USB cable in your pre, open up an app like messenger and press on the USB notification, so that the 3 buttons come up. Now imagine this would be a keyboard
    gRREAt IDEA!
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've modified the LPC Dark Rounded theme to suit my use of the virtual keyboard. I love this layout and think it's the best of the theme designs, but I think the theme's bells and whistles (mainly the keys changing when shift or option is pressed) slow it down too much.

I named this theme LPC Dark Rd Basic (see screenshot). It contains solely the primary LPC Dark Rounded keyboard layout. It doesn't contain the capitalized keyboard layout or the option keyboard layout. It also doesn't highlight the "drag" button when it is pressed. I also made the preferences key in the bottom left corner smaller to prevent hitting it accidentally.

I decided to post this in case others find it useful. To install it: 1) Access your Pre via USB and paste the "LPC_Dark_Rd_Basic" folder into the "virtual-keyboard" folder. 2) Rename the current kb_config.json file in the "virtual-keyboard" folder to "kb_config.old". 3) Paste the new kb_config.json file into the "virtual-keyboard" folder. (Note: This file still allows for the use of the other core keyboard themes, but it makes this theme the default keyboard theme.)

I just did this on a whim because I'm starting to use the virtual-keyboard most of the time. It may or may not work properly on your phone, though it seems to be working fine on mine. Let me know if it's useful for you.

Rob

P.S. I started using more of my thumbs to press keys with the virtual keyboard (any of the themes) than I do when using the physical keyboard. It seems to work much better that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    This version of the theme isn't working. (It won't allow keystrokes to register.) The version in the post above works fine. I've removed the files for the version without the preferences key.

Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I named this theme LPC Dark Rd Basic (see screenshot). It contains solely the primary LPC Dark Rounded keyboard layout. It doesn't contain the capitalized keyboard layout or the option keyboard layout. It also doesn't highlight the "drag" button when it is pressed. I also made the preferences key in the bottom left corner smaller to prevent hitting it accidentally.
    If you don't want the keyboard to have a preferences button at all (so you don't have to worry about hitting it), use the instructions above and the attached theme folder and kb_config.json file instead. (Note: The contents of the ZIP files are identical, except for the theme_config.json file in the theme folder.)

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rrob13; 11/23/2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    look for obsolete vk install it then restart ur phone after the reestart install the vk!
    Installed OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard
    Restarted the phone
    Installed Virtual Keyboard
    It restarted Luna
    Could not bring up the keyboard
    Looked in Preware and Virtual Keyboard still shows as available, not installed
    try installing again but only the vk 1.3.1 no the obsolete for some ppl is installing in the 2nd and 3rd time!

Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Installed OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard
    Restarted the phone
    It restarted Luna
    Could not bring up the keyboard
    Looked in Preware and Virtual Keyboard still shows as available, not installed
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    try installing again but only the vk 1.3.1 no the obsolete for some ppl is installing in the 2nd and 3rd time!
    It restarted Luna
    Could not bring up keyboard, still listed as available and not installed
    It restarted Luna

Clearly this is not the correct answer, at least for my phone.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Any update on a potential bug w/the virtual keyboard essentially performing a delete note script when you try to use the vk in Palm's notepad program?

I uninstalled the vk and reinstalled to see if it was something with my Pre. However, the problem/bug still exists. Again, if I use the vk in my Palm NotePad program, not only does it not type anything, the open note disappears and is simultaneously deleted.

I can use the vk everywhere else without any problems. In fact, the latest vk otherwise seems to be faster and smoother in every way.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have GSM palm Pre and i recently updated to 1.3.1 and all works great but the VK patch not working. when installed it says the patch installed and ask me to reboot Luna, but nothing installed and when returned to the Preware i found that the VK patch is not under installed patches and still appears in the patches thats were not installed!
    Whats the problem please?
    It restarted Luna
    It restarted Luna

Doesn't work for me either. I put off the latest palm update for a while so virtual keyboard would be ready.
  10.    #2270  
    It restarted Luna
    It restarted Luna

Update feeds

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Would it be possible to put a VK into the notification area? having a small icon at the button of the screen and if you push it the VK would appear... this would have the benefit that it wont be in front of other things on the screen anymore, because the apps would get resized you could also open it up everywhere, not only in textfields...

PS: put the USB cable in your pre, open up an app like messenger and press on the USB notification, so that the 3 buttons come up. Now imagine this would be a keyboard
    this idea would be gr8
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Update feeds
    Lol yep. I'm such a noob. I had a feeling since the log said failed to download it was something simple.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    It restarted Luna
    It restarted Luna

Yeah wont install for me either.

says it installed, but when i restart its not installed.

maybe a file permission issue?

UPDATE: got it working

from preware,

installed obsolete, removed obsolete without restarting luna or device
    did this ones more time which may not be needed
    installed new VK and restarted.
    Last edited by Malimal; 11/24/2009 at 11:58 AM.
    @ Malimal

I tried as you described in your Update, but it is not working for me. Anything else that you did to succesfully install VK?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    @ Malimal

I tried as you described in your Update, but it is not working for me. Anything else that you did to succesfully install VK?
    besides updating the feed, but i had done that already. I did it again for good measure. I have been messing with this thing for a while now, so there could be something im leave out. I tired some stuff through Webosquickinstall as well, but that did not work.

Also i may not have removed the obsolete the last time before installing the new one. i forgot that quick because i wasn't expecting it to work..lol

just thought i would post the last few things i tried. i think installing\removing the obsolete is the key to it somehow. wish i had more insight for you.
    @ Malimal

Thanks for replying. Well, I have been messing around trying to install VK for the last few days too. But so far no luck. As you, I did use Preware and WebOsQI, so not sure if there is a file creating a conflict during the installation process. Anyway, I will be keeping an eye on this blog. Hopefully someone will figure it out the way to install VK without much trouble.
    tip:

i was having the same issues as you guys , i also tried the webos repair utility but any of those options work for me until i used the doctor in my case the doctor doesnt touch any of usb files but what doctor did it was restore original files and clean my phone so after that i reinstall it the virtual k and now is working like a charm as the other patches too!

I could recommended you to use the doctor but dont trust in the palm back up before i did the doctor i backed up my inf myself or you can try this http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information and then run the doctor!

good luck!
    i cannot download anything from the preware the IPKG log says "wget:bad address 'ipkg.preware.org', and how do you perform EPR on your pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac_21 View Post
    i cannot download anything from the preware the IPKG log says "wget:bad address 'ipkg.preware.org', and how do you perform EPR on your pre?

if u have webos quick install go to tools> tweaks >online repository and the left corner i think im not sure is a buttom saying EPR
    @ SISGO

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try at home. Just a couple of quick questions: Do I have to remove all patches / themes from my Pre before running Doctor? Do I have to re-install everything after Doctor is done?