Page 113 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundra23 View Post
    YESSSSS!!! they updated the obsolete virtual keyboard removal patch!!! install that - re start ur phone ..and then install the keyboard!!! it works!!! finallllllyyy :O) THANKS
    yeah lol i told emoney it wasnt working so good thing it got fixed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #2242  
    Some NOTES:

1) APT has a bug that doesn't make backup files for files created by a patch that also creates a new directory. Thus EPR fails to remove these created files and you cannot re-install VKB after an EPR. I will fix this but for now you can install the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard package from preware to remove these files. This package should be updated in the feeds (You are looking for version 0.4.4).

2) I will look into notes bug as soon as I can

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    i have the cursor but no keyboard comes up at all.
    i give up, no matter what i do i can't get this to work. it is installed but won't open up. i also never had the previous keyboard installed either. i dunno whats going on, ill stick to the real keyboard. palm should of just gave us a onscreen keyboard to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i give up, no matter what i do i can't get this to work. it is installed but won't open up. i also never had the previous keyboard installed either. i dunno whats going on, ill stick to the real keyboard. palm should of just gave us a onscreen keyboard to begin with.
    ru sure ur trying to open it up in the right place...its working for me..
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Some NOTES:

1) APT has a bug that doesn't make backup files for files created by a patch that also creates a new directory. Thus EPR fails to remove these created files and you cannot re-install VKB after an EPR. I will fix this but for now you can install the OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard package from preware to remove these files. This package should be updated in the feeds (You are looking for version 0.4.4).

2) I will look into notes bug as soon as I can
    Thanks. The latest vk works well everywhere else. Clearly this could be just my phone but it would be great to know.
  7.    #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i have the cursor but no keyboard comes up at all.
    double tap gesture area, wait 3 seconds

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    emoney_33, I hate to do this in your thread here, but I was wondering if it would be possible for you to look at a idea I had reguarding the VK. I posted the link here, but the short of it is: can we move up the default position of the keyboard on the launcher screen by a few inches? I love the VK and use it to universal search, but my launcher bar is in the way!

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...17#post2055117
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ^looks fine if you use the "remove quick launch" patch. Just a suggestion, but I've always liked using the wave bar over the quick launch bar.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    you can still hit the move button and drag the kb up.
    Would it be possible to put a VK into the notification area? having a small icon at the button of the screen and if you push it the VK would appear... this would have the benefit that it wont be in front of other things on the screen anymore, because the apps would get resized you could also open it up everywhere, not only in textfields...

PS: put the USB cable in your pre, open up an app like messenger and press on the USB notification, so that the 3 buttons come up. Now imagine this would be a keyboard
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 11/22/2009 at 05:25 PM.
    I've been trying to install virtual keyboard, have the same problem many do where i install it and it make luna reset, but it doesn't work and it still shows up in patches for preware. I checked my installed patches and it's there, when I try to uninstall it will not let me, any help?
    look for obsolete vk install it then restart ur phone after the reestart install the vk!

Quote Originally Posted by luticrist View Post
    I've been trying to install virtual keyboard, have the same problem many do where i install it and it make luna reset, but it doesn't work and it still shows up in patches for preware. I checked my installed patches and it's there, when I try to uninstall it will not let me, any help?
    Did, but when I restart it isn't says it isn't installed and I still can't do anything with the virtual keyboard it says is installed, and when I try to use it nothing comes up.
    I was reading in another thread about installing the obsolete version, reset phone and then install new version of VK and then reset the phone again. It worked for me.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 11/22/2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
    After three days of messing with it and about 6 visits to the webos doctor, I can say it is working. I tried in emulator first. I then went to compose and email and that is when it started working.
    The new version doesn't show up in Preware, it shows that I have virtual keyboard installed, whenever I install obsolete and reset it shows that it's not installed anymore. When I go into patches to dl the new virtual keyboard it doesn't show no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    I've just installed the latest virtual keyboard. Like others' comments, seems faster and more responsive--great!

However, when I use vk in my notepad program, not only does it NOT WORK, even worse it DELETES THE FILE once I type the first letter!

So if I open an old note, new note, any note, and begin to type with the Pre keyboard it types like normal. But in that same note, when I type the first letter using the virtual keyboard, it seems to perform a "delete note" script as the note is magically deleted. I lost one important note doing this. Then I rebooted the Pre and tried it with a bunch of dummy notes to see if the problem persisted. IT IS DOING IT EVERYTIME with the built-in note application!

Great keyboard! Apparently totally unusable in current version within the Pre notepad app!

Am I wrong or is this just me?
    this is correct ... i just tried this out and no matter what you cant type in Memopad with this Vers of VK . if you start typing in an existing note with the VK, all contents of said note are DELETED!!! if you start a fresh note and attempt to type with the VK.... NOTHING SHOWS UP!!!
    Can anyone tell me what the hand above the enter arrow is for. I keep hitting it by mistake & then the keyboard stops working.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the hand above the enter arrow is for. I keep hitting it by mistake & then the keyboard stops working.
    press one time and then move ur vk up or down tapping and moving!