Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 3039
  1. xxhds's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #201  
    Hey emoney thanks for your hard work,

    Just wanted to let you know that I upgraded from the 8/16 version to the 8/18 version using the commands you posted and it worked great. I did need a reboot before the updated keyboard showed up though, it was still showing the old one. So people not getting anything, reboot your pres.

    Second, the orange button and the backspace key do not work for me. Everything else is working great.

    Thanks!
  2. #202  
    The orange button doesn't work for me, unfortunately. Backspace works.
  3. #203  
    I am working on applying the update and all I keep getting is error messages like this one. "The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row. patch needs to be refreshed first." How do I go about doing this.
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I am working on applying the update and all I keep getting is error messages like this one. "The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row. patch needs to be refreshed first." How do I go about doing this.
    Code:
    quilt refresh /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row.patch
    From the wiki:
    An introduction to Quilt can be found at http://www.suse.de/~agruen/quilt.pdf

    The manual for quilt is at http://linux.die.net/man/1/quilt
  5. TCCCCnME's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #205  
    My keyboard isn't showing up with the Palm physical keyboard skin. It still has the white one with red lettering.

    Should we be able to get the keyboard that looks like the physical one or has that patch not been released yet.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhds View Post
    Hey emoney thanks for your hard work,

    Just wanted to let you know that I upgraded from the 8/16 version to the 8/18 version using the commands you posted and it worked great. I did need a reboot before the updated keyboard showed up though, it was still showing the old one. So people not getting anything, reboot your pres.

    Second, the orange button and the backspace key do not work for me. Everything else is working great.

    Thanks!
    No offence I have applied every other patch available and done every single hack thus far and was modifying the code using vi since almost literally the day I got my pre (launch Day). There is something wrong w / this patch because when i do this nothing happens. Every other patch works fine just no on screen keyboard.

    I reboot after any and all root sessions!

    Doug
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    No offence I have applied every other patch available and done every single hack thus far and was modifying the code using vi since almost literally the day I got my pre (launch Day). There is something wrong w / this patch because when i do this nothing happens. Every other patch works fine just no on screen keyboard.

    I reboot after any and all root sessions!

    Doug

    did you run the install_theme script?

    What is the output of:

    Code:
    grep black_boxy /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
  8. #208  
    this is what I get:

    root@castle:/# grep black_boxy /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramew
    ork191_15.jsjsjs
    this.theme="black_boxy";
    root@castle:/#
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    this is what I get:

    root@castle:/# grep black_boxy /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramew
    ork191_15.jsjsjs
    this.theme="black_boxy";
    root@castle:/#

    run the install_theme script??

    If so what happens when you are in a text box and tap the gesture area?
  10. #210  
    I have it installed, there is nothing wrong with the patch. It is good. I did notice from using it all day today that the backspace button only works on some programs and web pages but not in others. It works fine in text, and in the url box, but not on all the actual webpage text boxes.It doesnt work for me on facebook or yahoo so far. just sliding you some more input on the bugs.Look for your donation, Keep us updated on new developments please.
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    run the install_theme script??

    If so what happens when you are in a text box and tap the gesture area?
    Ok works now for some reason!

    Great work it looks awesome.

    Doesnt work in the address field in the email field but does work in the text field.

    It also doesnt autoreplace in the sms.

    Looking forward to the progression of this patch, Excellent workl.
  12. kesne's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    #212  
    I dislike the theme. There Is no feedback so I have no idea what key I pressed or if I even pressed one. I would like to see more options for it too.
  13. fmxbrando's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #213  
    much more responsive this time around (i may be hallucinating)... Only thing I noticed is I can't tell whether or not shift is on haha otherwise great job!
  14. #214  
    kesne: his feedback system is in progress.. i think working.. idk, he showed a SS in the IRC.

    patience
  15.    #215  
    New patch is out!



    • Increased width of keyboard to span entire screen
    • Added orange-key functionality
    • Made keyboard draggable after tapping blank key
    • Added haptic feedback



    Press one of the BLANK keys on the bottom corners to enable dragging, and then drag the keyboard to wherever you want it!
  16. #216  
    what is the process for getting the updated patch?
  17.    #217  
    Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    And then, only if you haven't previously installed the keyboard themes...

    Code:
    sh /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/install_theme
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    I have it installed, there is nothing wrong with the patch. It is good. I did notice from using it all day today that the backspace button only works on some programs and web pages but not in others. It works fine in text, and in the url box, but not on all the actual webpage text boxes.It doesnt work for me on facebook or yahoo so far. just sliding you some more input on the bugs.Look for your donation, Keep us updated on new developments please.

    Very much appreciated, thank you.
  19. #219  
    this is what get on mine

    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# sh /opt/src/modifications/install add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Looking for patch add-onscreen-keyboard.patch...
    ./frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Pulling latest git tree...
    Already up-to-date.
    Remounting / rw...
    Popping previous patches...
    No patch removed
    ERROR: Could not pop patch
    Please visit Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications#
  20. #220  
    yeah, i just got it to work, for some reason i always have some issues installing the patch but after a few delete, imports, pops and pushes i finally got it.
    its great that it fits the whole screen now it honestly makes it much more accurate.
    although remix's theme is very nice, i think it would be better if it was transparent like when you presss the symbol.
    also, the enlarging key as you hit it is a nice touch and helps.
    however, im not a huge fan of the haptic feedback... is there a way to turn it off?

    thanks, and keep up the hard work!

Posting Permissions