Page 109 of 152 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3039
    Hey, I installed preware but I couldn't see "available patches" when I open preware...i only see available packages
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiamond32 View Post
    Hey, I installed preware but I couldn't see "available patches" when I open preware...i only see available packages
    Not very adventurous are you ? Click on that and you should see all the different package types, including Patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Funny thing about the keyboard, how come Palm still has not included one in the software release? I know the Pre has a keyboard but people seem to love the on-screen one.
    There are thousands of things that Palm hasn't done yet, including fixing all the bugs and delivering on functionality that they said would be coming (like video recording).

They made an intentional decision to go with a physical keyboard. While interest in this app/patch shows that people want an on-screen keyboard, I can't imagine that it's high on Palm's list.

If WebOS was done, and Palm was looking for stuff to do to get those last set of customers, then maybe. But, for now, there are so many things they need to do...

Remember, the Pixi has a physical keyboard. If Palm was really looking an on-screen keyboards, they would have made the Pixi without a physical one.
    Besides, the physical keyboard is what makes this phone more usable than an iphone... the onscreen keyboard for me is just a nice perk I'm happy that these people are spending the time on
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolz28 View Post
    Andy, I did as you did and I installed obsolete, then removed it. I went to install virtual keyboard, and I am still getting the same error. I think the stuff I have tried to do to fix it has dug me a deeper hole, and honestly, I don't know what else to try. The files that list in the log all say that they are patching and then it lists all the files individually. It then says "reversed (or previously applied) patch detected., then it skips the patch. then on the last line of the error, it says removing package org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard from root... Does anyone have any other ideas? I''m pulling my hair out over here.
    As above, I just updated to OS 1.3.1. and never had VK installed before. Now when I tried install VK thru WOQI and Preware I keep getting IPK log errors. I did Emergency Patch Recovery and tried again but no luck. What can I do to fix? Can someone list for me a step by step procedure?
    how long will it take for the VK to be ported to 1.3.1?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm on an Irish Pre with OS 1.1.3... I have WebOSQuickinstall on my mac and have managed to install a couple of apps, but i cannot for the life of me find the virtual keyboard. I have Preware and it's not listed in the patches or apps, and I can only see ObsoleteKeyboard in Quickinstall.

Is it because my OS is not compatible or am I doing something wrong? Bear in mind I am not very computer literate and felt like a God when I managed to install some Homebrew apps on my Pre

Ps. I have also now been getting error messages in quickinstall when trying to install tweaks such as 4x4 icons, haven't been able to install anything all day...
    Any help fora supersmartphone noob is greatly appreciated!
    I WOULD LIKE A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!!! This kinda sucks that the previous one is gone and nothing to replace it. Does anyone know how long before we get a patch? maybe even a download from palm for it?
    having problems with vk? lost it after an upgrade? problems getting it from preware? well, try this
    1) go to Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all
    2) go down and find the latest file for vk, download it and save it on the desk top
    3)open quick-install
    4) put your phone on developer mode ( upupdonwdonwleftrightleftrightbastart)
    5) plug phone to computer via usb
    6) press " charge " on phone
    7) drag the file that you download and drag it into quick-install
    8) press "install"
    9) close quick-install
    10) disconnect phone from computer
    11) get out of developer mode ( upupdowndown.....................)
    12) double tap gesture area .......... wow .......... vk working
    go to http:/www.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all
    download the file and install it using quick-install
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Tried that... seems to install fine, do a luna restart, open mail and try get the keyboard up but no joy look in device management and it dosn't appear under apps or patches... stumped...
  12.    #2172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorskunk View Post
    go to ----
    download the file and install it using quick-install

Please delete your post. This is 100% wrong, and I hope NO ONE does this.

If you don't see it in preware -> available packages -> patch, then it hasn't yet been ported to the version of webos you are running. Please be patient.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by wsulambdaman View Post
    I WOULD LIKE A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!!! This kinda sucks that the previous one is gone and nothing to replace it. Does anyone know how long before we get a patch? maybe even a download from palm for it?
    You may wish to reconsider the way you refer to things that are provided to you for free by people who are doing this work in their spare time.

The virtual keyboard will be ported when it's ported. The author of the patch got webOS 1.3.1 at the same time you did.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I did not mean to sound demanding or arrogant. I just got frustrated. Believe me I appreciate all the work the way smarter ppl do for all of us. So I am sorry if it sounded that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You may wish to reconsider the way you refer to things that are provided to you for free by people who are doing this work in their spare time.

The virtual keyboard will be ported when it's ported. The author of the patch got webOS 1.3.1 at the same time you did.

-- Rod
    +1 definitely true.

although i cant wait for it haha.
    hey i was wondering if you can tell me if there is ANY way i can get the keyboard? i have preware ect. and i upgraded to 1.3.1, and if not, by what everyone says it works with 1.2.1 can you explain how to go back to 1.2.1 from 1.3.1 or downgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianboy34 View Post
    hey i was wondering if you can tell me if there is ANY way i can get the keyboard? i have preware ect. and i upgraded to 1.3.1, and if not, by what everyone says it works with 1.2.1 can you explain how to go back to 1.2.1 from 1.3.1 or downgrade?
    As noted in the several posts prior to yours, the keyboard is not currently updated to work in 1.3.1. If you want to go back 1.2.1, then you will need to run WebOS Doctor. Search the forums and you will find the steps to do this.
    I haven't used this patch in a while. Last time i had it the delete key wasn't working in the browser.

I know it isn't out for 1.3.1 yet, but before 1.3.1 was the delete key working in the browser?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    HELP!!! I updated my pre to 1.3.1 before removing the keyboard patch! How do I remove it now? I can root and follow instructions, but I am not experienced enough to do it on my own! Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by jth6570 View Post
    HELP!!! I updated my pre to 1.3.1 before removing the keyboard patch! How do I remove it now? I can root and follow instructions, but I am not experienced enough to do it on my own! Please help!
    Just run EPR and reboot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!