Page 108 of 152 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so you're saying you have a german pre changed the layoit of the vk keys and still they type like american keyboard? If so than its beyond me...

if however you have an a reg qwerty pre and trying to make it a german qwertZ than that's also beyond me.. I mean it can def be done.. Just look at the klingon theme where it uses a completely diff language
    I have an American Pre.
    I was using the German layout as an example of what I want to do.
    I'm the guy that made the Klingon theme, I'm trying to get my Pre to type Klingon.

I can read messages people send me in the Klingon font, but I can't reply.
    Very frustrating.
    so than the patch has to be modified.. I assume that the VK is pulling the characters directly from /usr/var...
    if it is its a matter of modifying those files... If not and its doing it independently it should be even easier BC all you would have to do is modify the patch.. I never really looked over the patch file bur I would uninstall it and than reinstall and look over the script to see exactly what its doing
  3.    #2143  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so than the patch has to be modified.. I assume that the VK is pulling the characters directly from /usr/var...
    if it is its a matter of modifying those files... If not and its doing it independently it should be even easier BC all you would have to do is modify the patch.. I never really looked over the patch file bur I would uninstall it and than reinstall and look over the script to see exactly what its doing

All the keys can be modified in the theme, the patch does not have to be touched at all.

The theme_config.json file for a theme has a very expansive array of jsons for each key element which decides what to display for normal view, shift view, orange/func view as well as what to output to the text field for each. The index: elements in the array MUST be in order for theme to work properly.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    any news on t9, autowords, or type spacing (like the iphone uses) to help give extra room on keys that are predicted to be hit?
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  5.    #2145  
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    any news on t9, autowords, or type spacing (like the iphone uses) to help give extra room on keys that are predicted to be hit?
    Sorry I've been busy with a bunch of things lately, haven't been able to put as much effort into the keyboard as I've wanted.

I haven't begun to think about any t9 options or possibilities like that yet.
    predictive hit-zone sounds like a good idea (I don't know anything about the iphone or its implementation though) but will probably take a while to get hashed out.

But AutoCorrect is done :P Look for the release v1.2.1-4 in Preware within 15 minutes!

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    AWESOME!!! Just updated via preware and can confirm all is working! Thanks Emoney

Edit:Im sure you probably know but it wont capitalize the first letter of a sentence. it works for the letter "I" tho and pretty much every other autocorrect function
    Autocorrect is awesome. Great job!

One minor thing that I figured would be included in "autocorrect" is the automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence. I understand this is probably located in some different code since the autocorrect dictionary does not handle this functionality. Any chance of seeing automatically capitalized letters soon?

Ultimately, not a big deal and keep up the great work. You guys are just amazing and Palm should give each of you a large sum of money for saving their butts.
    Also another thing I noticed is when I created my own autocorrect dictionary using dimfeld's python script http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...e-upgrade.html , it creates all sorts of weird autocorrects. For instance when I type "at" with the virtual keyboard it automatically corrects it to "mat" while it does not do this when I use the physical keyboard. There are other weird ones but it was bothering me so I decided to revert to the original. I'll try to catch you in IRC so we can better discuss this issue but wanted to let you know
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

But AutoCorrect is done :P Look for the release v1.2.1-4 in Preware within 15 minutes!
    You must be using a different auto correct dictionary than the one built in... 'ill' changes to 'mill' rather than 'I'll'

Could you tell us what file using, so we can update/adjust the file.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    You must be using a different auto correct dictionary than the one built in... 'ill' changes to 'mill' rather than 'I'll'

I am guessing it just points to text-edit-autoreplace file that is located in /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/

Obviously it is more complicated that what I made it sound but the edits I have made to that file are showing up using the virtual keyboard.
  11.    #2151  
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    Also another thing I noticed is when I created my own autocorrect dictionary using dimfeld's python script http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...e-upgrade.html , it creates all sorts of weird autocorrects. For instance when I type "at" with the virtual keyboard it automatically corrects it to "mat" while it does not do this when I use the physical keyboard. There are other weird ones but it was bothering me so I decided to revert to the original. I'll try to catch you in IRC so we can better discuss this issue but wanted to let you know

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I am guessing it just points to text-edit-autoreplace file that is located in /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/

Obviously it is more complicated that what I made it sound but the edits I have made to that file are showing up using the virtual keyboard.

bpdamas is correct. (en_us depending on your locale).

ill -> I'll works for my setup. I'll need you guys' text-edit-autoreplace file to see what assumptions I made are different...

I assume the following format for the file (since this is how it is stock):

<word>|<corrected>\n

Maybe there's an extra cr byte or something else that throws it off, I'll have to look at your specific file.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I found that the VK will only autocorrect with the default dictionary. I tried one of dimfeld's combo dictionaries and the VK won't autocorrect with it. Anyone else experience the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    bpdamas is correct. (en_us depending on your locale).

ill -> I'll works for my setup. I'll need you guys' text-edit-autoreplace file to see what assumptions I made are different...

I assume the following format for the file (since this is how it is stock):

<word>|<corrected>\n

Maybe there's an extra cr byte or something else that throws it off, I'll have to look at your specific file.

Its really odd... I've edited the autoreplace dictionary by hand (so I kinda know what I'm looking for) until the release of rhong's application AutoCorrectEdit...

His application creates a symbolic link from /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace to /media/internal/autocorrectedit/text-edit-autoreplace and creates text-edit-autoreplace.orig in the directory /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/

However searching for ill|mill is is none of those files.

In the memo app If I type 'ill' with the physical keyboard I get 'I'll' if I type 'ill' with the VKB i get 'mill'

At one point I did have the auto correct patch installed but I removed it within a few hours... (many words were being corrected which I didn't want).

- I'd send you the files but I'm sure that ill|mill isn't in them... and I'm sure that words added by hand and words added by rhong's app both work with the VKB.

Edit:

- There is a ',ill|mill'
    - \n I don't know what that means...
    - I don't know what extra cr byte means either..
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  14.    #2154  
    Its really odd... I've edited the autoreplace dictionary by hand (so I kinda know what I'm looking for) until the release of rhong's application AutoCorrectEdit...

His application creates a symbolic link from /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace to /media/internal/autocorrectedit/text-edit-autoreplace and creates text-edit-autoreplace.orig in the directory /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/

However searching for ill|mill is is none of those files.

In the memo app If I type 'ill' with the physical keyboard I get 'I'll' if I type 'ill' with the VKB i get 'mill'

At one point I did have the auto correct patch installed but I removed it within a few hours... (many words were being corrected which I didn't want).

- I'd send you the files but I'm sure that ill|mill isn't in them... and I'm sure that words added by hand and words added by rhong's app both work with the VKB.

I'm not expecting ill|mill to be in there, but an extra unseen character might throw off the assumptions I make in regular expression and return the wrong part of the file etc...

-Eric G

Donate
  15.    #2155  

Edit:

- There is a ',ill|mill'
    - \n I don't know what that means...
    - I don't know what extra cr byte means either..
    This is most likely the culprit. I'll take a look and try to brush up my regex tomorrow. Thank you for that information

-Eric G

Donate
    Hi guys

where is the vk gone, i cant find it any where (just the old ones there) it was where yesterday. now i 've updated to 1.3.1 i cant find it to reinstall
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    Hi guys

where is the vk gone, i cant find it any where (just the old ones there) it was where yesterday. now i 've updated to 1.3.1 i cant find it to reinstall
    It's not on the list of compatible patches for 1.3.1.
  18. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Funny thing about the keyboard, how come Palm still has not included one in the software release? I know the Pre has a keyboard but people seem to love the on-screen one.
    not ready for 1.3.1?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    not ready for 1.3.1?
    not yet
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!