Page 107 of 152 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3039
    still nothing. I tried connecting to my pc and putting pre in usb mode. i saw the file and deleted it, but still nothing. I did notice a bunch of REC files. What are these? Should I delete?
    Thanks for the tip emoney, but I don't have any themes installed. I never have. any other thoughts? thanks again for your help.
    thanks for tryin to help me out west3man. still no luck
    so I had this working for weeks without any problems so the other day preware tells me there's an update to the obsolete keyboard.. So I updated it.. Now I can't install the virtual keyboard at all the ipkg log is showing up. I might remove some patches to see if that fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    Sweet...didn't even know there was an obsolete keyboard patch...h
    My brother got a pre this week and I was helping him get homebrews/tweaks/etc on his phone last night and saw that "obsolete keyboard patch". What exactly is that?

I have VK installed and working on my phone, it's version 1.2.1-1. Is that the latest version?? I was having trouble finding the VK patch, but finally got his working through WebOS. Not sure what version he ended up with.

I am kind of curious, because my back button doesn't seem to work on my VK, but he said his worked. Hmmm... Any idea??
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    My brother got a pre this week and I was helping him get homebrews/tweaks/etc on his phone last night and saw that "obsolete keyboard patch". What exactly is that?

I have VK installed and working on my phone, it's version 1.2.1-1. Is that the latest version?? I was having trouble finding the VK patch, but finally got his working through WebOS. Not sure what version he ended up with.

I am kind of curious, because my back button doesn't seem to work on my VK, but he said his worked. Hmmm... Any idea??
    the obsolete VK is when u install ur VK and u try and install it again but it gives u errors bc theres files that were left in ur phone....obsolete VK is wut u install when u have problems installing the vk...dont install it if u have the vk
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    so I had this working for weeks without any problems so the other day preware tells me there's an update to the obsolete keyboard.. So I updated it.. Now I can't install the virtual keyboard at all the ipkg log is showing up. I might remove some patches to see if that fixes it.
    removing patches is not gonna fix that....u dont install the obsolete VK for any reason UNLESS u cant install it...OBSOLETE VK is only for ppl having problems installing it from unsuccessful uninstallations!! good luck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I didn't install it.. Preware said my virtual keyboard needed to update.. So I thought it was an update to the keyboard I already had and was somehow was now obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I didn't install it.. Preware said my virtual keyboard needed to update.. So I thought it was an update to the keyboard I already had and was somehow was now obsolete.
    well u said there was an update to the obsolete keyboard and u updated it...ur confusing me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Awesome! Another fix for a missing feature that the phone should have out of the box.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was getting the IPK log error when trying to install the VK from Preware, and I installed the "obsolete" VK from Preware, then uninstalled the obsolete VK, and then installed the latest VK again from Preware and it worked for me.
    Andy, I did as you did and I installed obsolete, then removed it. I went to install virtual keyboard, and I am still getting the same error. I think the stuff I have tried to do to fix it has dug me a deeper hole, and honestly, I don't know what else to try. The files that list in the log all say that they are patching and then it lists all the files individually. It then says "reversed (or previously applied) patch detected., then it skips the patch. then on the last line of the error, it says removing package org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard from root... Does anyone have any other ideas? I''m pulling my hair out over here.
    any updates coming soon for this patch?
    would be great if it comes up words that you may want as you type like the hero one more thing that would be nice is if it comes up alternative letters when you hold for example a and then εδα and more would come up =)
    i installed the vk without any problems along with a few other patches using preload. after a day or so i wanted to uninstall all except the vk so i used the EPR now when i try reinstalling the vk it says i have a preLoad says i have a theme installed. i dont. and preware is giving me generic as well as webos install. (btw i removed the vk themes folder thinking that may be the prob. but thst did not solve anything)

any ideas?

EDIT: also i just (really, just 5 min ago) installed a theme via preLoad and removed it. No help.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i installed the vk without any problems along with a few other patches using preload. after a day or so i wanted to uninstall all except the vk so i used the EPR now when i try reinstalling the vk it says i have a preLoad says i have a theme installed. i dont. and preware is giving me generic as well as webos install. (btw i removed the vk themes folder thinking that may be the prob. but thst did not solve anything)

any ideas?

EDIT: also i just (really, just 5 min ago) installed a theme via preLoad and removed it. No help.
    YAY!!! fixed.. Installed Obsolete VK and than installed VK ontop
    I'm going to rephrase my overlooked question.
    How would I change the virtual keyboard to a German QWERTZ?
    As in change the location of the Z and Y keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    I'm going to rephrase my overlooked question.
    How would I change the virtual keyboard to a German QWERTZ?
    As in change the location of the Z and Y keys?
    simple just set your pre as a usb drive .. Open the keyboard folder and than goto the folder with the theme or themes you'll use and rename the the letters Y and Z files
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    simple just set your pre as a usb drive .. Open the keyboard folder and than goto the folder with the theme or themes you'll use and rename the the letters Y and Z files
    Care to make it even more simple?
    I've managed to change the way the keyboard *looks*, but not what actually ends up being typed. No matter what I do, it still types the original letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Care to make it even more simple?
    I've managed to change the way the keyboard *looks*, but not what actually ends up being typed. No matter what I do, it still types the original letter.
    so you're saying you have a german pre changed the layoit of the vk keys and still they type like american keyboard? If so than its beyond me...

if however you have an a reg qwerty pre and trying to make it a german qwertZ than that's also beyond me.. I mean it can def be done.. Just look at the klingon theme where it uses a completely diff language