Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjas View Post
    Hi!
    I did all that complicated (for me) installing of webOS quick install and preware for getting the virtual keyboard. But now I canīt even find it back on the preware-list! Is the download not possible anymore or am I just too stupid to find it?
    Greeting from Germany
    Anja
    Welcome to the forum...

- The patch is located in the Feed WebOS Patches... If its not showing up on Preware (and that feed is turned on) then your current version of WebOS is not supported by Preware.

- If I remember correctly, Preware will now only show patches that are available for your current version of WebOS. Meaning you will have to wait until 1.3.XX comes out and all WebOS devices use the same version (and when that day does come we'll all have to wait until the patch is updated to 1.3.XX before installing the patch on the new version of WebOS).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    where can I find the VKB file recovery procedure?
    Quote Originally Posted by simish2 View Post
    where can I find the VKB file recovery procedure?
    would like to know also, thanks
  4.    #2104  
    What are people doing that they need the VKB recovery procedure?

There is a package in the feed now. Via preware go to available other -> linux applications -> utilities -> OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard

Install that and it will remove all the files that the keyboard patch CREATES(not the 2 Palm files it MODIFIES). You will need Repair Utility to repair the 2 Palm files. However do NOT install this if you already have the keyboard patch showing up as installed in preware in installed packages -> patch.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Welcome to the forum...

- The patch is located in the Feed WebOS Patches... If its not showing up on Preware (and that feed is turned on) then your current version of WebOS is not supported by Preware.

- If I remember correctly, Preware will now only show patches that are available for your current version of WebOS. Meaning you will have to wait until 1.3.XX comes out and all WebOS devices use the same version (and when that day does come we'll all have to wait until the patch is updated to 1.3.XX before installing the patch on the new version of WebOS).
    please note tht the version of the software available in the UK is 1.1.3 and I suspect this is the same in Germany. This is older than the version you are supporting and I think this is why the keyboard is not appearing as an available patch. If it could be made available as an ipk file to use the quick install facility I would be very happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrendel View Post
    please note tht the version of the software available in the UK is 1.1.3 and I suspect this is the same in Germany. This is older than the version you are supporting and I think this is why the keyboard is not appearing as an available patch. If it could be made available as an ipk file to use the quick install facility I would be very happy
    The patch is for 1.2.1 - it doesn't matter how you try and install it, it will not work on 1.1.3, and no-one has back-ported it cause it's too much effort when 1.3.1 is on the horizon (but anyone should feel free to do the effort and submit the updated patch).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am still having big problems. when I looked at the errors vpk was having when it loaded, there were tons. I went through manually and removed all the files it said that were already there. I found the remove patch after I did this! so anyway, I rebooted and reloaded vpk. I still get the ipkg log, but it is different. now it says it is "patching" usr/palm/frameworks/builtins/palmnitframework200_18.jsjsjs. $then$ $it$ $tries$ $to$ $patch$ $all$ $the$ $files$ $that$ $I$ $removed$. $Then$ $at$ $the$ $end$ $it$ $says$ $reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$. $the$ $next$ $line$ $says$ $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$--$saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$.$rej$. $Any$ $thoughts$ $from$ $this$ $point$? $I$ $have$ $spent$ $hours$ $and$ $hours$ $on$ $this$ $and$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $making$ $any$ $ground$. $I$ $would$ $really$ $appreciate$ $any$ $help$ $out$ $there$. $thanks$!
  8.    #2108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolz28 View Post
    I am still having big problems. when I looked at the errors vpk was having when it loaded, there were tons. I went through manually and removed all the files it said that were already there. I found the remove patch after I did this! so anyway, I rebooted and reloaded vpk. I still get the ipkg log, but it is different. now it says it is "patching" usr/palm/frameworks/builtins/palmnitframework200_18.jsjsjs. $then$ $it$ $tries$ $to$ $patch$ $all$ $the$ $files$ $that$ $I$ $removed$. $Then$ $at$ $the$ $end$ $it$ $says$ $reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$. $the$ $next$ $line$ $says$ $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$--$saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$.$rej$. $Any$ $thoughts$ $from$ $this$ $point$? $I$ $have$ $spent$ $hours$ $and$ $hours$ $on$ $this$ $and$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $making$ $any$ $ground$. $I$ $would$ $really$ $appreciate$ $any$ $help$ $out$ $there$. $thanks$!

Remove your theme

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    What are people doing that they need the VKB recovery procedure?

There is a package in the feed now. Via preware go to available other -> linux applications -> utilities -> OBSOLETE Virtual Keyboard

Install that and it will remove all the files that the keyboard patch CREATES(not the 2 Palm files it MODIFIES). You will need Repair Utility to repair the 2 Palm files. However do NOT install this if you already have the keyboard patch showing up as installed in preware in installed packages -> patch.
    Thanks a bunch emoney_33... i appreciate it.
    Welcome to the forum...

I'm in the U.S. on Sprint and I can't find the virtual keyboard anywhere in the Preware app, either.

I've already got it installed, but I'm trying to tell my lady how to install it with Preware and am having no luck even finding it in the app.

Suggestions?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm in the U.S. on Sprint and I can't find the virtual keyboard anywhere in the Preware app, either.

I've already got it installed, but I'm trying to tell my lady how to install it with Preware and am having no luck even finding it in the app.

Suggestions?
    Make sure she is updated to 1.2.1, and that the WebOS Patch feed is turned on in Preware (preferences > feeds). Then tell her to click list everything and type Virtual ... It should be there.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I'm having problems installing. I keep getting instructions to view IPKG Log, but honestly speaking, I have no idea what I'm looking at. I think it has been installed already and needs to be removed, but I cant find it. Can someone please help me????? HELP!!!!!
    Make sure she is updated to 1.2.1, and that the WebOS Patch feed is turned on in Preware (preferences > feeds). Then tell her to click list everything and type Virtual ... It should be there.
    I figured out the deal. Thanks for your help, though.

I'll explain in my next post.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUDUVASLAVE View Post
    I'm having problems installing. I keep getting instructions to view IPKG Log, but honestly speaking, I have no idea what I'm looking at. I think it has been installed already and needs to be removed, but I cant find it. Can someone please help me????? HELP!!!!!
    I think I know what's happening to some of us.

In Preware preferences, under "List Scene" there's an "Installed is Available" option. Make sure it's set for "Yes." Otherwise, once you've installed the virtual keyboard, you won't see it in Preware, anymore.
    Sweet...didn't even know there was an obsolete keyboard patch...h
  16.    #2116  

In Preware preferences, under "List Scene" there's an "Installed is Available" option. Make sure it's set for "Yes." Otherwise, once you've installed the virtual keyboard, you won't see it in Preware, anymore.
    Well if you go to Installed Packages, you will see it regardless if you have "installed is available" or not.

-Eric G

Donate

I still don't see it in "Installed Packages". when I try to install it, I get Error Installing: See IPKG Log. When I check the log it says
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    I wonder if they can fix so when the virtual keyboard comes up the chat moves up so i can see what i typing and can response that be good update.
    OK...I need a little help here...

Several pages back, I was having problems getting the Virtual Keyboard installed after I screwed up while updating Preware...

Here is a link to my post on how I got it working again:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1969176

Long story short, I installed it directly from here: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all

Now, I just noticed the "OBSOLETE-Virtual Keyboard" in Preware, so I ran that, along with Emergency Patch Recovery, hoping that it would bring me back to a point where I could now run the currently supported version of the Virtual Keyboard, but I keep getting the following error:

I have no idea what this means, and I don't know how to export the entire IPKG log so I can post it...but if anyone could help me out, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUDUVASLAVE View Post
    I still don't see it in "Installed Packages". when I try to install it, I get Error Installing: See IPKG Log. When I check the log it says
    Failed
    Have you looked in the "all" section, typing "virtual?"