Page 105 of 152 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Make sure you aren't doing it on the emulator.

Post the entire ipkg log error you get.
    i dont use the emulator...this is on my pre...and its hard to post the entire ipkg error i get bc its very long...i would do a screen shot but it gets cut off on the right side
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #2082  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char.html
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char.html
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    rm /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html

What files is the ipkg log complaining about?

How exactly did you delete these files above? Try using the terminal app, and make sure to do

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    first

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate

How exactly did you delete these files above? Try using the terminal app, and make sure to do

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    first
    those files without the rm...ill try the terminal app right now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    first
    well i just tried with terminal....and it said no such file or directory
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #2085  
    well i just tried with terminal....and it said no such file or directory

Then that's not what the ipkg log could be complaining about or it was a mistype. Make sure to prefix the file with / from what the ipkg log says.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Then that's not what the ipkg log could be complaining about or it was a mistype. Make sure to prefix the file with / from what the ipkg log says.
    this is the screen shot i know the right gets cut off but im type the file here as b4

usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html

EDIT: im still running RU to c if anything gets repaired
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #2087  
    this is the screen shot i know the right gets cut off but im type the file here as b4

usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html

EDIT: im still running RU to c if anything gets repaired

Open up terminal app or novaterm into your pre and type these 3 exact commands:

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -rf /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/
    mount -o ro,remount /

-Eric G

Donate
    Open up terminal app or novaterm into your pre and type these 3 exact commands:

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -rf /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/templates/kbselector/
    mount -o ro,remount /
    alright well i did that exactly and i got:

mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on /failed: Device or resource busy
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #2089  
    alright well i did that exactly and i got:

mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on /failed: Device or resource busy
    after which step

-Eric G

Donate
    after which step
    after the 3rd line u gave me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

11.    #2091  
    after the 3rd line u gave me
    reboot and everything should be fine afterwards (i.e. should be able to install).

-Eric G

Donate
    reboot and everything should be fine afterwards (i.e. should be able to install).
    alright rebooting....*crossing fingers* hope it works

EDIT: IT INSTALLED!!! yes thanks emoney ur awesome!!

EDIT2: also thanks for ur time!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hey emoney by the way...i had to do epr for another reason...and for some reason the same problem with the vk happened....it didnt matter i ran those commands...rebooted and it installed fine...is epr not working properly for removing the vk?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

14.    #2094  
    hey emoney by the way...i had to do epr for another reason...and for some reason the same problem with the vk happened....it didnt matter i ran those commands...rebooted and it installed fine...is epr not working properly for removing the vk?

EPR should remove it fine. An old version of EPR used to not remove created files correctly, but that was fixed and updated weeks ago. I will look at EPR and verify that it is still behaving as I believe it should. How did you install EPR?

-Eric G

Donate
    EPR should remove it fine. An old version of EPR used to not remove created files correctly, but that was fixed and updated weeks ago. I will look at EPR and verify that it is still behaving as I believe it should. How did you install EPR?
    i installed it normal like i hope anyone would....go to list everything...typed "emer" selected it clicked install waited until it gave me the ok view or cancel...clicked ok waited a while again...then when its done...i rebooted my phone and then thats when the problem with the kb happened....i had to do those commands...after the commands i rebooted and it worked
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i cant find it from webos internal feed all !!! hiding somewhere else ???
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    same issue! i got the keyboard to show up once but i cannot reproduce it...
    I have a similar issue. I can't get the VK to launch consistently. I make sure that the cursor is in a text input field, I've tried double tapping in the gesture area....wait 6 or 7 seconds, try it again....wait again, then try the 2 finger launch method...wait awhile. It seems that maybe 1 out of 6 or 7 attempts will actually launch the VK. I've successfully launched it using both methods but it seems to work sporadically for me.

Is there a trick or a "sweet spot" I need to tap that makes the VK launch more consistently?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I have a similar issue. I can't get the VK to launch consistently. I make sure that the cursor is in a text input field, I've tried double tapping in the gesture area....wait 6 or 7 seconds, try it again....wait again, then try the 2 finger launch method...wait awhile. It seems that maybe 1 out of 6 or 7 attempts will actually launch the VK. I've successfully launched it using both methods but it seems to work sporadically for me.

Is there a trick or a "sweet spot" I need to tap that makes the VK launch more consistently?

Thanks!
    Same issue, very very buggy.

I was in web browser app and started typing, hit enter and it didnt go away. It also does not go away in texting. Nor can I bring it back up after Ive used it once. Tried uninstall/reinstall.. still same issue. Bad build?
    I'm having a real hard time here. I have read post after post on the virtual keyboard and I have tried everything short of the doctor fix. When I try to load the vk, I keep running into the ipkg error. the specific error I am getting is "saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwerty.json.rej. then it says "the next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_azerty.json, which already exists!" any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? is it as simple as removing that particular file and trying to reload? thanks for your help!!
    Hi!
    I did all that complicated (for me) installing of webOS quick install and preware for getting the virtual keyboard. But now I canīt even find it back on the preware-list! Is the download not possible anymore or am I just too stupid to find it?
    Greeting from Germany
    Anja