Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3039
    i got the virtual keyboard and uninstalled it now i can't get it back on grrrrrr. It keeps saying" Error installing: See IPKG Log" don't know how to get it back on
    Hello!

As far as I surfed in internet (including this forum), no information about alternative languages to type for the Pre users.
    I've ordered German GSM version and I'd like to type in Russian/Ukrainian, so is it possible to install VK, modify it with Russian symbols and use both VK for typing in russian and real one for english?

Thank you in advance!
    Andrew.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned it a couple posts back here. It is a product of 1.2 and being able to copy and paste in the launcher. I did have some difficulty closing it but I think I might have been too impatient.
    Launcher (kb): I noticed that this doesn't work in landscape mode or from going from portait to landscape mode. Someone else see if they have the same problem.
    Last edited by ujsc; 10/18/2009 at 09:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Yes this was a previous issue that the newest version of the VKB fixed, at least for me it did, make sure to check you have the latest version!
    I think I have the latest version. The kb closes with a single tap in portait mode but not landscape mode. Could anyone else verify if this is a true bug or a problem just with my phone.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil077joker View Post
    If anyone can tell me why when i looked up webos quick install and under the webos internals feeds all, the virtual keyboard is not there. Anyone got an answer? PLEASE HELP!!!
    I found the vk in webos quick install under tweaks>online repository.
    I cant find the bloody thing anywhere.
    when i type in the code in the linux comand line:

ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard

it gives me this error:

An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

when i try and install it as a patch through preware I get an error message pretty much stating it's an invalid address

can someone help? ;o/
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmusix View Post
    I cant find the bloody thing anywhere.
    yeah it isnt under the webOS internals feed (all) dropdown like precentral states.. so lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotime79 View Post
    I found the vk in webos quick install under tweaks>online repository.
    this doesn't work i tried and it just brings up this huge page with a bunch of code and its too big to even see on my desktop ;o/
    The virtual keyboard moved to the webos-patches feed a number of days ago.

Install Preware, then look in the Available Patches area.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    how difficult would it be if instead of double tap, shake the pre to bring up keyboard and shake to get rid of?

and also me vk backspace doesn't work.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_c_u_looking View Post
    i got the virtual keyboard and uninstalled it now i can't get it back on grrrrrr. It keeps saying" Error installing: See IPKG Log" don't know how to get it back on
    Try removing it via WebOS Quick Installer. Hook your Pre up to your CPU, Open WebOS QI, click Tools - Device Management, then delete the program. I would then re-boot your Pre (Orange Button + Sym + "R"). Once re-booted I would try re-installing the Virtual Keyboard. Remember that after it installs you'll need to re-start again.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by I_c_u_looking View Post
    i'm having the exact same problem
    Same issue. Had virtual keyboard and inadvertently uninstalled. Does not show up show up under device mgt as program to be removed. Appears from error msgs during install some files already exist and skips processing with no option to overlay. Last message says it is removing package then it show offline root mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The virtual keyboard moved to the webos-patches feed a number of days ago.

Install Preware, then look in the Available Patches area.

-- Rod

this patch doesn't work when you go to install it.. it gives an error message
    Quote Originally Posted by cuttie4411 View Post
    this doesn't work i tried and it just brings up this huge page with a bunch of code and its too big to even see on my desktop ;o/
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned it a couple posts back here. It is a product of 1.2 and being able to copy and paste in the launcher. I did have some difficulty closing it but I think I might have been too impatient.
    Launcher (kb): I noticed that this kb doesn't work in landscape mode or from going from portait to landscape mode. Could someone else see if they have the same problem?
    Last edited by ujsc; 10/19/2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Does it still not work with auto-correct????
    Hi, i just did a patch removal and theme removal, then did a repair. I installed all my patches and so forth but the keyboard is the only one that won't install, I tried it through preware and quickInstall.
    i just got it installed.. i like it.. it does not work with auto correct.

One thing i was wondering.. when in landscape mode doing emails.. its hard to maneuver around to the text entry fields. mainly because i cant get the keyboard to hide. i try the down gesture, or back gesture.. and it works sometimes.. am i just being too quick in expecting it to hide again? maybe we could get a button to hide the keyboard as well.

Awesome work, i love this thing.. and a donation is coming.. you guys with the smarts to do this.. are amazing.. so simple to do.. even for stupid people like me.. hahahah