Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I think this is known problem.

Unable to close keyboard | PréYourMind

I don't know if this was mentioned previously, but now the keys from the themes are showing up as photos in the photos app.
    Yes this was a previous issue that the newest version of the VKB fixed, at least for me it did, make sure to check you have the latest version!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Yes this was a previous issue that the newest version of the VKB fixed, at least for me it did, make sure to check you have the latest version!
    I am running 1.2.1-1 from preware. Is there a newer version? The Preware isn't showing a newer patch.

Are you talking about the photo issue or the keyboard not closing?
    I'm talking about the pictures showing up.. And I believe that is the same version I am running also...hmm idk.
  4.    #2004  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I am running 1.2.1-1 from preware. Is there a newer version? The Preware isn't showing a newer patch.

Are you talking about the photo issue or the keyboard not closing?

remove the virtual-keyboard/themes and virtual-keyboard/sounds directories from USB mode, then reboot.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    hi im josh. i entered the commands in novaterm exactly as u put but it still did not fix problem installing. the ipkg log still lists. help please!!! thanks.
    Sorry if this has already been answered but 101 pages is a lot to look through for 1 little answer!!!. ok i just got a new pre because i broke the last and i have my theme and all my patches set but on webos 1.2.1 but when i try to get virtual keyboard through preware or webos quickinstall i get a error. i will post the pic to the preware error im getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    If you would like to stay in this state to help us debug why you are not getting the prompt you can come to the #webos-internals freenode channel. (freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)).

Otherwise you might want to try to re-install the package manager service
    Hi!

OK, I've actually read this entire thread, and this is my exact problem. I'm running 1.2.1, and I cannot get the script prompt. I also cannot find the install in WebOS Quick Install, and I'm not quite sure how to go about reinstalling the Package Manager. I tried just reinstalling it over the old copy in my Pre, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I get the "Patch Installed, must restart Luna" prompt, but that, of course, is doing nothing.

What should I do to fix this?

Kelly
    Hey guys, long time lurker first time Pre owner and poster!

Just got my UK 02 Pre, and as you might know the latest webos build we have so far is 1.1.3.

I've got Preware installed and it works fine with other patches, but those listed under Mojo just won't work. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by krakajak View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker first time Pre owner and poster!

Just got my UK 02 Pre, and as you might know the latest webos build we have so far is 1.1.3.

I've got Preware installed and it works fine with other patches, but those listed under Mojo just won't work. Any ideas?
    bc its not compatible yet u gotta w8 for the 1.1.3 feed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    bc its not compatible yet u gotta w8 for the 1.1.3 feed
    Thanks mate. Can't wait to get on the 1.2 train. How will I know when it is compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by krakajak View Post
    Thanks mate. Can't wait to get on the 1.2 train. How will I know when it is compatible?
    not really sure yet...maybe a little searching will help you but I think there is a manual feed you can enter don't remember if you wanna start adding patches already or you can w8...and soon they'll be available good luck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

If anyone can tell me why when i looked up webos quick install and under the webos internals feeds all, the virtual keyboard is not there. Anyone got an answer? PLEASE HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lil077joker View Post
    If anyone can tell me why when i looked up webos quick install and under the webos internals feeds all, the virtual keyboard is not there. Anyone got an answer? PLEASE HELP!!!
    maybe its getting updated? i have no clue just wait couple hours and chill
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hey emoney...btw...i was wondering if its possible having this implemented...when im using the vk with the messaging app and i wanna put the messaging app in the background with the vk still open...lets say i wanna go to another app and do w.e and then i go back to the messaging app...i realized a letter gets typed everytime i go back to the messaging app when the vk is open...is there a way u can stop that from happening...just have the vk on with the messaging app in the background and when u go back to it...it doesnt type a letter?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by lil077joker View Post
    The virtual keyboard is a WebOS Patch, and therefore is in the webos-patches feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Heya folks, me again!

I got the VK to work and install, it's running fine for me. Turned out something in WebOS was bugged, and after running Webdoctor to restore WebOS, and reinstalling everything, I'm running brilliantly.

Thanks!!

Kelly
    Hello, I've installed the VK through Preware but cant get it to pop up. I've tried double tapping in the gesture area next to the silver round button but nothing happens. Ideas?

Here are a screen shot of what's installed on the pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abailey269; 10/17/2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Added screen shot
    i can download the vk from preware and the patch installs and I reboot luna. however, the keyboard doesnt work.. i cant ever pull it up? can anybody help?
    Quote Originally Posted by tommymm96 View Post
    i can download the vk from preware and the patch installs and I reboot luna. however, the keyboard doesnt work.. i cant ever pull it up? can anybody help?
    I am having this same issue.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    when i install the vk from preware it comes up with a error message from ipkg log...cant figure it out...someone help please...ive serched and nothing is helping !