Page 100 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    i am unable to install the vk on my 1.2.1 PRE. i get the following error:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

I have used emergency patch tool, did a partial reset and used webos repair utility to completely set my PRE back to the stock version. everything was removed and put back to the way it was. but i still cannot install the vk.

Is vk compatible with 1.2.1? if so, why cant i install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by seancraig21 View Post
    have you tried webos doctor cuz it worked for me
    You should try webos repair utility first to try and avoid losing your data.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    It would be nice if the keyboard worked with WebOS Internals terminal app (or maybe I just don't know how to make it work... gesture strike seems to be intercepted by the terminal app). Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    in his question he said he used repair utility already
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i used webos repair utility with Override Compatibility which removed all my patches and restored all the files on the Pre. when i look at the webos-internals site it has the vk under 1.2 and not listed under 1.2.1. Is it compatible with 1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    i used webos repair utility with Override Compatibility which removed all my patches and restored all the files on the Pre. when i look at the webos-internals site it has the vk under 1.2 and not listed under 1.2.1. Is it compatible with 1.2.1?
    I'm running 1.2.1, and the virtual keyboard is working fine.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i really want the vk installed but i am having no luck. i completely reverted my pre back to scratch and started over but i still get that error. can someone point me in the right direction please?
    why u dont try without override compatibility and try installing again !!! i think the easy way for install it is preware and its compatible with 1.2.1 . i've been using in my phone perfectly!
    ok, sorry for my previous post. I had the same issue with VK after updating to 1.2.1. So I ran Preware 9.2 (what I used to install VK) and uninstalled it as I saw it as still being installed. In the Preware forum, it has been announced that they were changing the feeds and updating the package manager service and Preware itself. I followed ALL instructions for updating and running EPR (emergency patch recovery). Then I ran the new Preware 9.4 and updated the feeds to install all the patches i needed including VK (which is an app now I think - used to be a patch). Voila - everything works as advertised.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hey so the only issue i have with my keyboard is it doesn't go away once i press the enter key to submit whatever I've typed in an entry field (browser or text message) or in the address bar for the browser. And i dont know how to make it go away without just closing the card altogether. Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I missed this in the documentation...
    Discovered by accident that in the Launcher you can start the virtual keyboard, and use it to start a universal search. This is probably a big "DUH" for everyone else ... I sure was pleasantly surprised, b/c I thought you always need a editable text field to start the v.k.b.

Quote Originally Posted by smith2sc View Post
    Hey so the only issue i have with my keyboard is it doesn't go away once i press the enter key to submit whatever I've typed in an entry field (browser or text message) or in the address bar for the browser. And i dont know how to make it go away without just closing the card altogether. Anyone else have this issue or know a way around it?
    you mean the keyboard doesn't close when you tap the gesture area once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmkarc View Post
    I missed this in the documentation...
    Discovered by accident that in the Launcher you can start the virtual keyboard, and use it to start a universal search. This is probably a big "DUH" for everyone else ... I sure was pleasantly surprised, b/c I thought you always need a editable text field to start the v.k.b.

Yeah. I mentioned it a couple posts back here. It is a product of 1.2 and being able to copy and paste in the launcher. I did have some difficulty closing it but I think I might have been too impatient.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned it a couple posts back here. It is a product of 1.2 and being able to copy and paste in the launcher. I did have some difficulty closing it but I think I might have been too impatient.
    Yeah, sorry, I kinda figured it was mentioned somewhere. I searched but probably did not use the right keywords. I have not been to this thread in a little while, and did not go back through all those posts. Thanks!
    For closing it, I just tap the gesture area once, and it closes right away for me so far.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @Jmkarc & bpdamas - Thanks for mentioning this. Made my day!

Didn't know/see that it was possible in 1.2.x

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by t_stallion View Post
    I am having the same problem. Cannot find the application install. I can find the patch but nothing works aftwards...Any help?
    Yeah, this doesn't seem to be available anymore. I've been looking all over forums all afternoon and can't figure out why I can't see it through Preware or through Quick Install?

Anyone???
    you mean the keyboard doesn't close when you tap the gesture area once?
    I actually have that same problem. Once I open the VK, type a URL, and hit enter, the VK will not close most of the time. When it does work, it's a single tap in the gesture area to close.

-Skippy
    thank you, it works perfectly!!
    does anyone know why i would be having an error with downloading any of the patches including the virtual keyboard
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crosschef View Post
    does anyone know why i would be having an error with downloading any of the patches including the virtual keyboard
    I'm having the exact same problem in Preware.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    I actually have that same problem. Once I open the VK, type a URL, and hit enter, the VK will not close most of the time. When it does work, it's a single tap in the gesture area to close.

-Skippy
    I think this is known problem.

Unable to close keyboard | PréYourMind

I don't know if this was mentioned previously, but now the keys from the themes are showing up as photos in the photos app.