Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Another idea. Dont know if you can do this, but, how about making one of the blank keys at the bottom a sticky key, so that if you click and hold it, you could actually drag the keyboard to any part of the screen if you need. ???
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    Great work so far. Looks great. Have you tried putting it on the bottom of the screen when in landscape mode? It seems that it will allow more of the screen to show. As of right now it seems to be floating.I do like the action on the sym key scroll. Orange is still not functional. I think it is very close to being complete.Awesome work!
    It does not seem to be very accurate yet so maybe figure out how to get auto-correct to work with it would help. And maybe a noise, or vibration when a key is struck. What if you could drop keyboard to the bottom of the screen and then as you press a key, that key pops up at the top of the board as a referance to what key was hit instead of having to keep looking back and forth to the keyboard and the area of text.
    I'm a little excited already so i am just blabbering.Thanks for the hard work.Send me a donation link.

I am working on positioning of the keyboard, have something nice in the works . Sound is something I will be looking at implementing soon as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Donation link is at bottom of first post. All donations are very much appreciated!

Stay tuned!
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    Another idea. Dont know if you can do this, but, how about making one of the blank keys at the bottom a sticky key, so that if you click and hold it, you could actually drag the keyboard to any part of the screen if you need. ???
    drag and drop is coming
    So if I have no knowledge whatsoever of rooting or patching, am I pretty much screwed to being able to have this on my phone?
    Any ideas why my patches are appearing to be empty?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Are you going to have an .ipk for this anytime soon for us non root/homebrew users?
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Any ideas why my patches are appearing to be empty?
    What is the output of :

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    cd /
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    head /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    root@castle:/# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-ke
    yboard.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch is applied
    root@castle:/# head /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    head: /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: No such file or directory
    root@castle:/#
  9.    #189  
    root@castle:/# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-ke
    yboard.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch is applied
    root@castle:/# head /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    head: /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: No such file or directory
    root@castle:/#

Code:
    cd /
    quilt pop -a
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    I would love to see an installer developed for this or added to the Tweak section of the WebOS Quick install.
    That did the trick... What the heck was I missing?

And thanks for the hard work and time out helping ....
  12.    #192  
    That did the trick... What the heck was I missing?

And thanks for the hard work and time out helping ....

I messed up the install script (fixed now). Which was doing an import before the pop. It's gotta go pop old, then import new, then push new.
    Eventually webos quick install will be able to install this patch. Eventually. But thre's no point in going through that when it's changing this fast.

Non linux types should not be running pre-alpha software.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Got the new patch up and running, looks really good. Only thing driving me crazy now is not knowing when I've actually pressed a button. Other than that I'm loving the progression and can't wait for the final product. Thanks for all the hard work.
    So when it becomes a final product it'll be available for non rooters?
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    But aunt minnie <3's onscreen keyboards...
    how do I remove this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Eventually webos quick install will be able to install this patch. Eventually. But thre's no point in going through that when it's changing this fast.

What color 'patch' has the most RAM?

Jajajajajajajajaja
    I can't get the orange button to work at all. As with the Sym button it won't work with the keyboard. However, you did make a dropdown list of all the other keys so you can scroll down and type in them. Which is a very good alternative. Now I can at least type in what ever I need.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Ok I still dont get anything. The patch appears to work yet no keyboard at all.

Help?