Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am pretty sure I saw this somewhere else ... but I was checking my other informational site and with how easy things are becoming to customize our phones .... it brought the idea back .... So I decided to make it known how easy it is to do ...

The site Prethinking states " Ever get sick and tired staring at the same old keypad on your Palm Pre? See that Pink Pre keypad in te picture above? Well the Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme for Palm Pre can help you out. If you head on over to webOS internals Wiki and start reading, you will see that it is not all that hard. It is easy change that green background of the dialer screen. You just need to modify three files and reboot the your Palm Pre. "

Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme
    Patch Phone Edit Dialer Theme - WebOS Internals
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How come there's not an app for that? (no pun intended.....) :-)
    uhh..wow way to complex for my blood lol
    Newbie to the forum.

I was able to root my pre and change my dialer over the weekend. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    as you can see it's a work in progress, but this is very easy to do...follow webos internals. FYI I seriously have NO experience with this stuff and look what i came up with!!!(mucho gusto's to Garrett92C and thfc1799)

"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    You've got some rockin' icons there Mr. Loser! The voodoo doll is great.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That **** is sooo fly!!
    Don't forget the blue theme I made. It's on the wiki page also.

I'm hoping that as new updates come out, Palm will give us more freedom to customize our Pre's within the OS without having to root the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    I'm hoping that as new updates come out, Palm will give us more freedom to customize our Pre's within the OS without having to root the device.
    I'm sure you will be able to download an app that will allow you to download customizable themes for your Pre and installed in a flash. It's only a matter of time.
    I really like that it's different but subdued
    Suggestion: Make this an app! Then you can have people submit there versions of the dial pad and put it all together. Then anyone can change it, anytime!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Any instructions on how to root pre to do this. I take it it is not non-hacker friendly?
    I like this. I may try it out.
    Hello. I finally decided to root my pre. I have no expierence in this and have never used linux before. But I was able to change my background. I just have one question. How do I changed the numbers on the dialer. I seen the one above that mrloserpunk posted where the numbers appear to be bleeding. Any help would be appreciated. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Hello. I finally decided to root my pre. I have no expierence in this and have never used linux before. But I was able to change my background. I just have one question. How do I changed the numbers on the dialer. I seen the one above that mrloserpunk posted where the numbers appear to be bleeding. Any help would be appreciated. thx
    On the same webpage that the orignial poster posted, scroll down to "Installing the dialer theme." that should answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    are you using winscp? If so go into the com.palm.app.phone folder. Copy the whole folder to your pc and go to town!!

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    already working on an app for this
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    as you can see it's a work in progress, but this is very easy to do...follow webos internals. FYI I seriously have NO experience with this stuff and look what i came up with!!!(mucho gusto's to Garrett92C and thfc1799)

I'm a little shocked you haven't changed the battery icon to a vile or bag of blood that drains :-\... very disappointing :-P
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I'm a little shocked you haven't changed the battery icon to a vile or bag of blood that drains :-\... very disappointing :-P
    yeah, I know, I want the percentage but don't want a timing issue. Also I've been a bit busy.... YaY for making an installer!!

Alot of changes here....
    ZomPre V3

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/mrloserpunk
    /phone_2009-03-08_202653.jpg[/IMG]

(need help find the code to change this list's color!!)

whew...sorry for the large photos!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/03/2009 at 08:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast