Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
    Python? Er?
    My apologies. I got root access earlier on, and the procedure was different. I just looked at the WebOS Internals page, and see that the process is different.

Going to Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals, at what part are you hitting a roadblock?
    Thats hot I just wish it were alot easier to do
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    My apologies. I got root access earlier on, and the procedure was different. I just looked at the WebOS Internals page, and see that the process is different.

Going to Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals, at what part are you hitting a roadblock?
    Let's see. Going down the procedure box:

1. done
    2. done (although I'm not sure why having the emulator makes any difference)
    3. done (dev switcher app makes this easy)
    4. er? Am I supposed to download something here? Didn't quite understand that
    5. done. NOw I have both Novacom and Novaterm

onto next steps

Optware setup
    Done, asked for password, but could not cut/paste in Novaterm

Finishing
    Dev mode off
    Opened putty, set ip addres, port to 222. Connection timed out
    here is mine.

Question: How does the dialer look when receiving or making phone calls with respect to the caller ID photo? Is it the same behavior as one would expect with the green dialer pad (now in the different colored theme)?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Question: How does the dialer look when receiving or making phone calls with respect to the caller ID photo? Is it the same behavior as one would expect with the green dialer pad (now in the different colored theme)?

Thanks.
    yeah its the normal stuff...just with my theme on it
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    where can i get themes at
    Check out this thread if you want a theme.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ts-themes.html

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    question...if i was to edit these PNG files...am i allowed to change ANYTHING in the file as in replace the numbers with a different font and all that stuff instead of worrying about the file size changing???

because i was reading somewhere that said that the file size has to be the same. I understand the canvas size has to be the same but i didnt know if the file size is something to worry about because i have many ideas in my head and they are a lot more complicated then replacing the colors and all.

put it this way, if i wanted to literally start from scratch with desiging these files (but keeping the dimensions the same) would it mess anything up...
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    question...if i was to edit these PNG files...am i allowed to change ANYTHING in the file as in replace the numbers with a different font and all that stuff instead of worrying about the file size changing???

because i was reading somewhere that said that the file size has to be the same. I understand the canvas size has to be the same but i didnt know if the file size is something to worry about because i have many ideas in my head and they are a lot more complicated then replacing the colors and all.

put it this way, if i wanted to literally start from scratch with desiging these files (but keeping the dimensions the same) would it mess anything up...
    I have not really paid attention to the file size. I do know the canvas size is important. I think trying to make a "doublewave" launcher just crashed my pre It just kept cycling the boot images....

Man i would love to be able to change my theme but will wait for the app to do this i am not brave enough to do all the rooting and so on keep up the good work...
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    with you git.
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Youtube: Prayers For No Rain
    (cant link cause work blocks youtube) That is a video me and my friends did. I was responsible for the SFX.

dude i just searched this video and if its the right one its really really good!
    Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    you guys should make videos to how to do this stuff its very hard for a newbie like me to follow the stuff u guys type but videos or very helpful
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
    Let's see. Going down the procedure box:

1. done
    2. done (although I'm not sure why having the emulator makes any difference)
    3. done (dev switcher app makes this easy)
    4. er? Am I supposed to download something here? Didn't quite understand that
    5. done. NOw I have both Novacom and Novaterm

onto next steps

Optware setup
    Done, asked for password, but could not cut/paste in Novaterm

Finishing
    Dev mode off
    Opened putty, set ip addres, port to 222. Connection timed out
    One thing I've found is that if your trying to connect over the WiFi connection you have to keep the Pre from going to sleep. If there aren't any applications actively using the WiFi the Pre disconnects from WiFi when it goes to sleep. (SSH apparently doesn't count, it will actually disconnect you mid-session.)
    i am sooo confused on how to do this. any simple way of explaining it?
    I am sooo confused on how to change the dialer pad! I am not computer literate and am really stuck... any suggestions on how i can understand how to change the dialer pad????
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The newest version of WebOS Quick Install makes changing your dialer theme simple for you non-rooting folks out there. It is as easy as clicking a checkbox.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

You can also add/delete launcher pages and few other nifty thing that used to require rooting....

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ickinstall.jpg
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast