Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    uprisingchuns: I fixed the post so you shouldn't get those no such file or directory errors anymore. Had a few typos.

As for patch not found, did you follow the post where I said you need to have patch installed...
    Quote Originally Posted by uprisingchuns View Post
    hmm.. am i doing something wrong cause i keep getting
    Follow this post from beginning to end

http://forums.precentral.net/1778094-post98.html

Sounds like you have the previous version installed. In the above post it tells you how to revert and then reapply

EDIT - nesl247 tells it how it is. I'm a n00b
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Also nesl247 states to have 1.1.0 Do you have the latest webos upgrade? That could do it.

Worked flawlessly for me!
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/25/2009 at 08:06 AM.
    When I see both the battery icon and the % read out, I like to choose the order in which I see those (e.g., will the battery or % read out be immediately next to my signal strength indicator). I've added this functionality.
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    Alright, the patch is done. I've tested it again my own pre, and have been testing the actual changes for hours (testing while writing).

Before you can install the patch, please make sure you have the patch program installed. If you have not, please follow the following link, and run the optware bootstrap portion: Next steps - WebOS Internals

Afterwards, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    ipkg-opt install patch
    If you have a previous version of the patch, make sure you have updated to version 1.1 of WebOS, and then run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ukpehx/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$hnbuax$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    To install the patch, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/sxayha/pre_battery_meter.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system-ui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$system$-$ui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    You now have a choice of 3 display styles, as well as choosing to display in color or white. To change this, open

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Find (Line 1172-1173)
    Code:
    var batteryLevelImage = 2; // Set to 0 for percent, 1 for image, 2 for both
    var batteryLevelColor = 1; // Set to 0 for white, 1 for color
    If there's any problems, please let me know. It should work just fine.
    worked great thanks ..you should make a new thread IMO
    only thing is i still have the battery right next to the percentage lol
    which is actually okay lol but could i move the percent to the right of the batttery and then line it up with everything else as its dipping a little

palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    ...could i move the percent to the right of the batttery and then line it up with everything else as its dipping a little
    *working on it*
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I have successfully got the % to display, but it only updates if I press on it to bring up the menu. Otherwise it will sit at 100 when it is really at 95%. Anything I need to do?
    This is also being worked on
    root@castle:/tmp# wget http://filebin.ca/sxayha/pre_battery_meter.diff
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    wget: can't open 'pre_battery_meter.diff': File exists
    root@castle:/tmp# cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system-ui/app/controllers/bar-***
    istant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$or$
    ig
    cp: cannot stat '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system-ui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs': $No$ $such$ $file$ $or$ $directory$

?????????
    I ran bootstrap, followed the instructions exactly, even copy and pasted so as not to have typos. Got to this point and error message as above.
    Never mind. Rebooted and it's working great...thanks.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm going to guess that you can't get the % to display at 100% because of the following line at 44 and 67 in your diff:

+ $('power').innerHTML = '100%';

The % sign is not escaped. So try:

+ $('power').innerHTML = '100' + escape('%');
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    root@castle:/tmp# wget http://filebin.ca/sxayha/pre_battery_meter.diff
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    wget: can't open 'pre_battery_meter.diff': File exists
    Do 'sudo rm /pre_battery_meter.diff'
    Afterwards you still need to perform the wget command, which should work fine (just verified).
    root@castle:/tmp# cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system-ui/app/controllers/bar-***
    istant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$or$
    ig
    cp: cannot stat '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-system-ui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs': $No$ $such$ $file$ $or$ $directory$
    nesl247 made a few code error entries in the instructions. The commands should be:
    Code:
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$orig$

$cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    I'm going to guess that you can't get the % to display at 100% because of the following line at 44 and 67 in your diff:

+ $('power').innerHTML = '100%';

The % sign is not escaped. So try:

+ $('power').innerHTML = '100' + escape('%');
    This has been rectified in the newest available patch
    Last edited by gordian; 07/25/2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Same problem here Cannot find file or directory
    Got it working; thanks for the quick reply...and I've got the .jsjsjs $file$ $open$ $with$ $a$ $script$ $editor$, $but$ $can$'$t$ $find$ $the$ $search$ $string$ $1172$-$1173$. $Am$ $I$ $missing$ $something$?
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordian View Post
    *working on it*
    thanks
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Instead, try searching for 'Replace this with a user definable setting' then follow the instructions on the proceeding line.
    Sneak preview of the modified display order
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That is nice. Is that in the new patch or do I have to edit manually?
    It will be included in a new version of the patch once nesl247 wakes up
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast