Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordian View Post
    I added a few lines of code so that 100% - 70% shows up as green, 69% - 45% shows up as orange, and below 45% shows up as red. If anyone wants to comment on the ranges or colors I've chosen they can be easily changed. Also, if nesl247 would kindly PM me so we can figure a way to get this code included in the patch that would be great!
    AWESOME!

That and could you (if willing) post the code if someone wants to vi the code in!

Has anyone gone over to webos-internals and started a page on this? I could, but you guys obviously know what your doing more then I. I haven't done a search over thier about this so if any one has already awesome!
    I'd love to, but I don't want to undermine nesl247 or the patch system (i.e. I want to give him cred for the original patch and I'm not sure if posting vi instructions is still permitted). Should be sorted in the next few hours though.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've actually got a pretty big update coming. Just hoping gordian can get on an instant messenger so I can work with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by gordian View Post
    I added a few lines of code so that 100% - 70% shows up as green, 69% - 45% shows up as orange, and below 45% shows up as red. If anyone wants to comment on the ranges or colors I've chosen they can be easily changed. Also, if nesl247 would kindly PM me so we can figure a way to get this code included in the patch that would be great!
    What about using the traffic light system 100% - 70% Green 69% -45% Yellow 44% - 20% Orange 19% -below Red.

I know we don't have orange in a light but figured that would be the caution before red.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What about using the traffic light system 100% - 70% Green 69% -45% Yellow 44% - 20% Orange 19% -below Red.

I know we don't have orange in a light but figured that would be the caution before red.
    Great suggestion. Ask and ye shall receive!
    nesl347's update will be substantial, but here are some teasers of the color changing with the battery life range. (Mine wasn't too low so I couldn't test out the red :/ )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm in the final testing stages. Just need to get the css width's right, and create/test applying the patch, and then I'll post it here.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Did I mention you guys rock! And I am still frustrated about not being able to change the thread name to something more accurate!! Like we have a working product.
    What happens when you go to edit with the first thread, then you just click the save button.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    What happens when you go to edit with the first thread, then you just click the save button.
    I have been editing the first post over and over as I want to keep it up-to-date and when I edit the title it changes it in the thread but not the "master" thread title that the whole world sees. Confusing and frustrating... I was wondering if it could have been that I didn't have enough post counts but I am over 100 now and no such luck. I just keep posting something every so often in hopes a mod will see and change things or allow me to. [/shrugs shoulder]
    i am sooo lost. i am using putty and i just wanna know where do i begin? is this a simple copy and paste?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    i am sooo lost. i am using putty and i just wanna know where do i begin? is this a simple copy and paste?
    Ya check my first post..... LOL I have it all spelled out otherwise you can post back and let us know where you're stuck. I will edit it again with easier instructions but they are pretty simple once you start.

I am wondering if nesl247 should start a new thread once he has an update with colors and then he will definatly get the credit (where credit is due!)
    4. If you have a version change, please edit your original post with the newest details (keep your old .ipk if possible for archiving purposes). Darth Pooh will try to update your title as quickly as possible, sometimes he might miss it due to rapid changes. You can notify him by PM of these changes OR use the Report Post link on the thread and make comments regarding a new updated version and it will be taken care of ASAP. To see a concise log that we feel is ideal for the forum, please see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...-0-7-20-a.html

This should help you get the thread changed.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Testing is taking a little longer than expected since I've had to discharge and charge my pre to see the difference between 100/XX. Trying to waste as little space as possible so I don't push other icons into the clock.
    wow dude... this is amazing and will be my first webOS hack. I can't wait for your update dude.

And thanks to the OP for keeping the first post updated!
    You are missing out on so much. I have truly customized my phone to my liking with the help of this forum and many others.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Alright, the patch is done. I've tested it again my own pre, and have been testing the actual changes for hours (testing while writing).

Before you can install the patch, please make sure you have the patch program installed. If you have not, please follow the following link, and run the optware bootstrap portion: Next steps - WebOS Internals

Afterwards, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    ipkg-opt install patch
    If you have a previous version of the patch, make sure you have updated to version 1.1 of WebOS, and then run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/ebtqpm/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $wget$ $http$://$filebin$.$ca$/$suyruk$/$systemui$.$css$
    $mv$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $mv$ $systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    To install the patch, run the following commands as root:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    cd /tmp
    wget http://filebin.ca/rkhhnc/pre_battery_meter-3.diff
    cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$
    $cp$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$orig$
    $patch$ -$p0$ -$i$  $pre_battery_meter$-$3$.$diff$
    /$sbin$/$initctl$ $stop$ $LunaSysMgr$ &$amp$;&$amp$; /$sbin$/$initctl$ $start$ $LunaSysMgr$
    You now have a choice of 3 display styles, as well as choosing to display in color or white. To change this, open

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Find (Line 1172-1173)
    Code:
    var batteryLevelImage = 2
    var batteryLevelColor = 1
    0 = factory default image
    1 = numerical percentage
    2 = image on left, percentage on right

You can change batteryLevelColor to 0 if you want the percentage to be white.

If there's any problems, please let me know. It should work just fine.
    Last edited by nesl247; 07/27/2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Updated patch to update to 1.1
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    4. If you have a version change, please edit your original post with the newest details (keep your old .ipk if possible for archiving purposes). Darth Pooh will try to update your title as quickly as possible, sometimes he might miss it due to rapid changes. You can notify him by PM of these changes OR use the Report Post link on the thread and make comments regarding a new updated version and it will be taken care of ASAP. To see a concise log that we feel is ideal for the forum, please see: http://forums.precentral.net/ho...-0-7-20-a.html

This should help you get the thread changed.
    So you have contacted Darth Pooh or should I?
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1167.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 1206.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 1245.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 1300.
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 1340.
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast