Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I think it has to do with there just being not enough room... It doesn't bother be one bit!

The only thing I think would be cool is have it green (the numbers) between 100-90% and red between 10-0%.

Again that would be out of my knowledge but would be neat! Thanks again nesl247 I have been updating the first post on the thread and I hope I have given you enough credit!!! If not... I can do more (to the original post)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I can definitely try and do the colors. It gives me something to work on. As for there not being enough room, I don't think that's it, since I've given it much more space than what is in the patch as I was testing it out. And as I said, I can replace % with something like t, and it will display with no problems.

I'm going to try and change the way it works a bit by using the mojo framework to format the percent.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Mods: What am I doing wrong... I am trying to change the thread title to reflect that it works in 1.1.0, any thoughts? I have modified the original post but nothing changed.
    hmm. i tried what you suggested and it still keeps saying patch not found
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Jtemple33 I don't know what to tell you, I have not done anything in the past to my wife Pre and got it working after doing the optware thing from webos internals and then the ipkg-opt install patch. Then made root writable and wget, then patch then reboot. Pretty much in that order. Then again just did the patch--->reboot after 1.1.0

Don't know what to tell you then other then are you in root@castle:/# ????

Sorry!!!
    yes. im sure im just doing something wrong. im not too savy in this area, but i have done similar stuff and after a few tries gotten it to work.
    when you go here Setting up optware feed - WebOS Internals

do you just basically copy & paste whatever it says, in order?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Yes, In order, as it states up the site a little bit. Copy it line by line word by word, and just copy paste into root (PuTTY).

Remember I am probably just as "green" in this linux thing as you are, but this is what worked for me on a previously non rooted Pre (my wife's) so that is why I suggest it! I could be wrong in that the optware patch is the answer but it works for me [/shrugs shoulders]

ps Are you using PuTTY and what are the settings?

This is a pre hooked up via USB!!!! And Just charge
    I have Host Name: localhost
    port:8023
    connection type: RAW
    (in terminal)
    Local Echo: Force off
    Local Line Editing: Force off

Again this works for me
    Last edited by Webby_s; 07/23/2009 at 11:11 PM.
    thats exactly what i have and did. but i guess there's just sometthing wrong. oh well thanks a lot for your help though.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Dude I don't want you to give up, hopefully someone will come around and tell you exactly what lines and such to modify in vi!!!! Anyone?!
    Great work. It would be cool to have the percentage overlie a battery icon. Otherwise, to the casual observer, the percentage seems to be related to signal strength rather than battery life.
    Okay I got the patches working now.. I never loaded the patch... I needed to do the ipkg-opt install patch... I thought it was already there from doing other things but it was not... I installed the patch part and all worked well...

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    nesl247 any update, I am downloading (reluctantly) to 1.1.0 and was wondering if you have updated any of the file/patch before I reinstall it? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    No updates yet webby.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Did anyone notice when it gets below 10 percent it shows the number percent sign and number 2 ie.. 7%2
    I am using the patch method this time. I tried it originally before 1.1 and kept getting an error so just vi'd and made changes and maybe something didn't get copied right. I will definetly let it get below 10% to see if the problem replicates with the patch install.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    HEY nesl247, would this help regarding color of font?

Change Carrier String - WebOS Internals Scroll down to the bottom and you see they changed the font color of the carrier string in the top left. You have probably already seen this though but I thought I'd try.
    got this to work thanks for everyone's help!
    I looked at all the posts on this thread, including how to do it, but it's way above my head. I've downloaded some materials on learning HTML and hope to understand programing some day, but I'm a long way from that. I had no problems working with the windows registry, but I see that skill has no use here I see. Does anyone think this hack could be made into a app? I haven't installed any apps yet because I haven't found any that were what I wanted, but I've downloaded the programs to install them and don't think there is much to it. An app that installs the right code would sure be nice, to replace the battery icon with a % gauge.

Stash
    Last edited by stashu11; 07/24/2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling errors, ete...
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I looked at all the posts on this thread, including how to do it, but it's way above my head. I've downloaded some materials on learning HTML and hope to understand programing some day, but I'm a long way from that. I had no problems working with the windows registry, but I see that skill has no use here I see. Does anyone think this hack could be made into a app? I haven't installed any apps yet because I haven't found any that were what I wanted, but I've downloaded the programs to install them and don't think there is much to it. An app that installs the right code would sure be nice, to replace the battery icon with a % gauge.

Stash
    I'm a noob at Linux and webOS, but I got this to work no problem. As long as you've rooted your pre and followed the instructions over at Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

You should be good to go. I've learned a ton in the last 48 hours!

Got this to work finally btw. The quilt way of doing this over at Applying Patches - WebOS Internals didn't work, but nesl247's method worked! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm actually almost done with adding color. I'll be posting that addition later tonight.
    I added a few lines of code so that 100% - 70% shows up as green, 69% - 45% shows up as orange, and below 45% shows up as red. If anyone wants to comment on the ranges or colors I've chosen they can be easily changed. Also, if nesl247 would kindly PM me so we can figure a way to get this code included in the patch that would be great!
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast