Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I too get the patch not found. I guess I may try the VI method.... Anyone have any ideas on the patch? Maybe I didn't set patching up or something..lol. I haven't applied a patch up to this point.. Plenty of VI mods, but no patches...

That text file is a mess.... lol. I will have to sort thru it later and see what I can do..
    Last edited by lilmexx323; 07/23/2009 at 07:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Ah ok, I thought you guys were saying wget wasn't properly downloading the file. You are saying the patch command is missing... You need to setup ipkg-opt and then install patch with ipkg-opt install patch... Then you will be able to use the patch.
    I just used the code from the first page and of course got the old style with no percentage... I guess I will have to figure out the patch stuff, so I can have that as an option.. I guess, I will have to move my backup files back over and try to get the patch to work...

Quick question... I made a copy of the unmodified files on the internal media... To get those back to the phone should I copy or move those back.. I guess copy, so that way I still have the backup in the internal media drive??? Does that sound right?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    It really isn't working with wget for you guys? I just tried it twice with no problems.
    This is what I used and it worked flawlessly:

Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    To apply this patch, make sure you've undone any changes from the previous patch. As root, run the following commands:

Code:
    rootfs_open -w
    wget http://filebin.ca/prhvwq/pre_battery_percentage.diff
    patch -p0 -i  pre_battery_percentage.diff
    /sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr && /sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr
    This will patch it successfully (I've tested it).
    Thanks again!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cant get the patch to work whever I try. Is there anyway you can show the line changes, like the link does on your first attempt. I can then change it in VI... I will try and see if I can get this patch thing working, but as of now... no go!!

Or,

What can I open the .diff file in that wont be so jumbled. I added a .txt extension to it and it opens in notepad, but is crazy looking.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    lilmexx, you need to setup ipkg-opt and install patch with it (ipkg-opt install patch). Then you can use the commands I gave you and it will work.

If you want to do it by hand, open the diff in wordpad, it understands the formatting properly. (difference between linux/windows return style)
    I just did it by hand. Thanks for the wordpad tip. I tried notepad and word and neither looked right and would have taken forever to decode.lol. It worked good. I have the percentage and all...Good work..
    hmm. i can't seem to get it to work with the patch

can anyone teach me how to do it via the vi
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Which patch? The original were you copy/paste the file or the wget path?
    the wget path does not work for me.
    and i was wondering how you do the copy and paste the text file using vi
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I see.

Well I did this: Setting_up_optware line by line then I did the ipkg-opt update and ipkg-opt install patch.

Then I did the wget/patch

Don't know if the optware thing is what you need but I did it to my wifes phone before I did the wget and everything is working great.

Try that and report back.
    hmm. will this even still work after 1.1?
    as soon as my phone boots 1.1, im going for it O_o
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    After the 1.1 reboot back to the battery icon.. So the update wipes the fix.. I guess I will have to retype all in the morn.. I knew I should have saved my modified file...lol I guess I am gonna have to my make backups of all my mod files for after updates..
    the wget and patch method above works in 1.1.

Much win in this thread
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Sweet... Thank you FuManChuu, I was going to try doing this to my wifes phone but I appreciate you doing it first!!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Here is verification that it still does work... All I had to do was apply the patch:
    Code:
    patch -p0 -i  pre_battery_percentage.diff
    /sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr && /sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr
    Because if you have already done the wget it states file already exists.

Also a pic to varify (cause I know ppl will ask)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Did anyone notice when it gets below 10 percent it shows the number percent sign and number 2 ie.. 7%2
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I try not and let my Pre get that low! lol
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'll let my phone drain down so I can see this.. I haven't had my phone down because I've had it plugged in so I could use novaterm.. Do you have a screenshot by any chance?

Any yes I know that when it's at 100% it doesn't show the %. I can't seem to fix that. No matter what I do, it won't show. If I replace % with any letter, it shows that, but % won't. It could be that it's something I'm missing, since I have no knowledge of javascript, so if anyone knows, please enlighten.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast