Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmaasen View Post
    I tried uninstalling all my patches and while uninstalling through preware, I still received the same error message as i did when i tried to install this patch. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    At this point I am at a loss of how to fix the issue. Try the preware thread and post the output of the error like you did above the folks that know more about patches in that thread should be able to advise you on what to do. I don't want to have you run webos repair utility and mess up adding or removing patches with preware and or webos quick install. I haven't troubleshooted enough with patching to make informed advice beyond what I know i can fix.
    never thought i'd have to say this about a patch but I hate this patch. I can't uninstall it and it's become such a paint in my *** that i'm posting this!
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_17_us View Post
    never thought i'd have to say this about a patch but I hate this patch. I can't uninstall it and it's become such a paint in my *** that i'm posting this!
    WebOS Doctor is your friend.

This being your second post isn't going to gain you much help here.

Use WebOS doctor to restore your phone to its original settings and don't try to install patches if this is your attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_17_us View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    WebOS Doctor is your friend.

This being your second post isn't going to gain you much help here.

Use WebOS doctor to restore your phone to its original settings and don't try to install patches if this is your attitude.
    No need to webos doctor to remove a patch that has failed to remove by normal means. That is what Jason wrote webos repair utility for. It looks for files that have been altered by patches and reverts them back to stock for the current webOS version. In the event one is on an older version I'm sure some members have held onto the older versions of webos repair utility. The only time one should doctor the device is if there is no other way to fix whatever the problem is which for the most part means one did something so bad to the device it doesn't boot or damaged a part of the OS outside of the realm of webos repair utility.
    How can I download this patch manually
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Just last night after a weird crash possibly involving frequency scaling and MyTether I lost Battery Icon and percentage. I just used WebOS Dr. Re-added your patch but it still doesn't show up. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    I don't get it. This patch is almost as irritating as the multi mod browser patch which until 2 days ago was the bane of my existence.

I guess I'll just wait for the magic patch Jesus to fix it when I'm looking away just like the last time.

Otherwise ... life is peachy. Just them two patches laugh at me.
    The same 2 give me issues. This one seems to be installed but Preware says it isn't, and the Multi Mod isn't installed but Preware says it is, and of course any action just dumps me to an IPKH error.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hello everyone....I really love this patch! I wanted to ask a question about using this path in conjunction with a theme that has changed the top bar color to orange. My entire top bar is orange with the exception of my battery percentage. Is there any way, or maybe it already exists, that a variation of this patch could use a clear background color as opposed to black? It seems that the other top bar patches apply this logic which allow the orange background color to show...(Working patches: Date at top and the "add a mute icon" patch all look good. Any thoughts or reccomendations you have for me to try? Thanks much!

Last edited by wbarter; 03/02/2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: adding sample screen shot
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    wbarter:

How familiar are you with edit the actual code? Thats what I did to make this patch work prior to the patch becoming more available via other means. I have not gone back in and modified the code since I have found preware and the other means of applying this patch.

But something this specific might require some tinkering on your own. The caveat is that you are doing the testing yourself on your own device and you could end up having to "Web Doctor" your device if you accidently break something and can't fix it -- so make backup copies of all the files you modify to leave the Web Doctor as the last resort.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hello Delta,

not that familiar with the code or i would definately attempt to copy and tweak and make a new patch. I did just edipt my post and added a picture to illustrate my thought/idea for a patch revision. What do you think?

-Wayne
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Very interesting... I didn't know it would do that... (I have not applied themes before) But I have, and now there are patches to increase the font of the battery font. So it then would at least make the numbering bigger and cover up more of that blacked out background.

But I bet there is a way to make the percentage "clear". I think the tweak would need to be done within bar-assistant.jsjsjs $not$ $systemui$.$css$
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    you would need to modify the systemui.css

Scroll to the bottom of the .css and look for this:

Code:
    .brique {
    		width: 320px;
    		height: 480px;
    		background-color: black;
    }
    change the black to whatever you like using this format:
    Code:
    background-color: # xxxxxx;
    Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This can be found here:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

No Thanks necessary just throw money!!!!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 03/03/2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I'm sorry, I really don't want to read through 12 pages of posts to see if a solution to my problem was discussed.

It was working great but I installed a theme and it stopped working. I have since removed the theme and installed a new one.

it says the patch is installed. I tried to remove it and reinstall it but I get an error everytime. I also get an error if I try to install any other patch. I'll attach screenshots of the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maczealot View Post
    I'm sorry, I really don't want to read through 12 pages of posts to see if a solution to my problem was discussed.

It was working great but I installed a theme and it stopped working. I have since removed the theme and installed a new one.

it says the patch is installed. I tried to remove it and reinstall it but I get an error everytime. I also get an error if I try to install any other patch. I'll attach screenshots of the error.
    Run webos repair utility and replace the files the patch changes so that it can be installed again. Somehow whatever happened in what you described the files that the patch alters got messed up and attempts to reinstall the patch sees the files are altered in a way that prevents proper application of the patch.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Try running Jason's WebOS repair utility.
    Battery Icon as a Percent is installed on my Pre but not listed as an "Installed Package" It is in my Saved Package List, without the green arrow. When I try to reinstall it I get the following error log:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.postinst 2>&1
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

Any suggestions on how to get this patch reinstalled or removed? I bunch of other patches had the same problem, but I could reinstall the package over the patch to get Preware to know it is installed.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Battery Icon as a Percent is installed on my Pre but not listed as an "Installed Package" It is in my Saved Package List, without the green arrow. When I try to reinstall it I get the following error log:

[SNIP]

Any suggestions on how to get this patch reinstalled or removed? I bunch of other patches had the same problem, but I could reinstall the package over the patch to get Preware to know it is installed.
    If this is the only thing that is installed that isn't in the installed package list then I would use Jason's webOS repair utility replace the files the patch modified and install it again. Assuming you have no other patches installed that touch the same files. If you do I would remove all patches that alter the same files this patch does. Sometimes hunk fails can occur if there is a conflict with other patches. If this ends up the case you can try installing this one first.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If this is the only thing that is installed that isn't in the installed package list then I would use Jason's webOS repair utility replace the files the patch modified and install it again. Assuming you have no other patches installed that touch the same files. If you do I would remove all patches that alter the same files this patch does. Sometimes hunk fails can occur if there is a conflict with other patches. If this ends up the case you can try installing this one first.
    Good suggestion. However, WebOS RU does not work yet with ATT Pre+. Jason is working on an update.

Battery as Percent is the only patch of its kind that I use. I could manually copy files from the Doctor image to my Pre if you can tell me what they are and their path.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Good suggestion. However, WebOS RU does not work yet with ATT Pre+. Jason is working on an update.

Battery as Percent is the only patch of its kind that I use. I could manually copy files from the Doctor image to my Pre if you can tell me what they are and their path.
    I was thinking that in the back of my mind so I should have put the alternate method. Manually extract the original files from the webos doctor and use the send file feature of quick install to replace them on the device. The same details pertaining to other patches that change the same files should be removed prior to doing so and then apply this and those patches again. I wish that there was a device and carrier field shown in the user detail field to the left of posts so if those details are excluded from posts.....
    SR: Can you give me the list of files that need to be replaced and their path? I will use WOSQI to replace the modified files with the original. Then I can reapply the patch.

I am on an ATT Pre+